Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Streetlamp + chemlight upgrade - Beta 1

A new version of my lighting mod is now available. It doesn't change much this time, because BIS did a better job with the lighting in the beta. Basically I just adjusted the lens flares a bit, making them fade out gently as you enter or leave the light's cast cone. I did a revamp of the chemical lights, I adjusted the color and fixed a data error that made the yellow and blue lights 10x brighter than they should be. I replaced the 3d models for them as well because their default models were missing the glow effect on their LODS.

On a side note, for the beta BIS disabled over half of the streetlights in the game. While this might seem silly, the game in its current state just can't handle multiple overlapping lights very well. A few little tweaks could get the lights working again, but it just causes slowdowns and flickering. Also, there are a ton of LOD errors with the streetlamps, you will notice that most of them are missing the light emitting parts. This results in the streetlamps looking totally dark but with a goofy lens flare just hanging there. A few if them shine only in the first LOD. The chemical lights also had this problem.

chemlights1.jpg

chemlights2.jpg

chemlights3-1.jpg

chemlights4.jpg

Download (1MB) *updated 10/24/13

http://www.sakumods.armaholic.com/Arma3/sakunightlights/sakunightlights.zip

Also, I now have a website for some reason:

http://www.sakumods.armaholic.com

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Nice work, is there a way for you to script an 'attach chemlights to the backpack or vest' feature?

Nice start sakura, if you attach all four colours of chemlights in the same place is gives off a nice white light. ;)

Brian, try this from an old post I made in the Scuba wrecks topic. It creates a white light with all four chemlights so you can trim it down to specific colours you need

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147933-How-many-underwater-wrecks-have-you-found-)&p=2324937&viewfull=1#post2324937

chemlights2.jpg

Priceless!

Thanks for your continued great work, Sakura_Chan!

Nice one! Will download. Loving the second pic.

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

funky!! Looks alot of fun too.

Looking nice :) Thanks a lot!

Though I wonder if you could solve the problem of the flares being rendered through various surfaces and materials such as the scopes and wooden fences etc?

Does this change the default time limit of 15 minutes? Why BIS put such a short timer on them I have no idea as it makes them useless for navigation.

No matter. I see that they last longer then the default 15 minutes now, so thanks!

Edited by AUS_Twisted

On a side note, for the beta BIS disabled over half of the streetlights in the game. While this might seem silly, the game in its current state just can't handle multiple overlapping lights very well. A few little tweaks could get the lights working again, but it just causes slowdowns and flickering. Also, there are a ton of LOD errors with the streetlamps, you will notice that most of them are missing the light emitting parts. This results in the streetlamps looking totally dark but with a goofy lens flare just hanging there. A few if them shine only in the first LOD. The chemical lights also had this problem.]

More info ? i don't have found this note. Actually, I'm in war against the very boring LOD in Agia marina and the road to the Airfield where i lost many lights arround the gate in the city, and where i'm in the city, all the lights on the road to the airfield were down^^. But all my friends don't have this problem and don't know really the game, editor and more. Maybe, I'm crazy^^.

For the limit of light, i can see it when i have 10 or more vehicule with light, not all lights were on. For a easy test, no script to put light on empty vehicule ?

Thought I would repost this. I updated it a bit to fix an error with the full version. I will update it further later on as well. One bug that only BIS can easily fix is the missing flare effect from "Land_LampStreet_F". There is geometry in the way of the light position, so you only get the light but no lens flare. If they don't bother fixing it I would simply make a new streetlamp model. Anyways this is actually mainly a test of addon packing/signing for me. Please let me know if you have any problems with the signed files.

http://www.sakumods.armaholic.com/Arma3/sakunightlights/sakunightlights.zip

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!