Sign in to follow this  
jakkob4682

Help with a script that "increases reputation with a certain side".

So basically I am trying to create a mission where you start as an IND soldier or GUE soldier and through a series of combat scenario's you have the choice to pick which side of the war you want to fight on, completing sets of tasks for the side you choose raises your "reputation" with that side and lowers it for the other side. So I'm curious as to the basic script structure and whether it's going to have to include a set of functions to handle the task sets.

I want to make something similar to this, so if you come up with anything please share :)

The problem is that you can't setFriendly for one unit its a side - side relation. I know how to create the functions and even how to use a variable to represent the "reputation" and raise and lower with each task completed. The only thing missing is how to setFriend only one unit. The other option is to only use the player unit as the "IND" or "GUE" side, that way I can conversely effect each friendly status... i.e. if you complete a mission it increases setFriend for one side the exact opposite it does the other. Another idea I'm thinking about is increasing the skill forEach unit of the opposite side you're friendly with each you time you lower your friend variable with them so each time you encounter them the fire fights become more difficult.

Edited by jakkob4682
added another idea

I know how to create the functions and even how to use a variable to represent the "reputation" and raise and lower with each task completed.

i want to make something simmilar as skill system but when player kills other players (all are independent). got any script snippet to help me out?

and

player unit as the "IND" or "GUE" side

isnt "IND"(Independent) a Faction and "GUE"(Guerillas) SubFaction?

i want to make something simmilar as skill system but when player kills other players (all are independent). got any script snippet to help me out?

and

isnt "IND"(Independent) a Faction and "GUE"(Guerillas) SubFaction?

I really don't get into MP scripting because there's a whole slough of issues I'd need to know more about. As far as factions and subfactions yes GUE is a sub of IND. From the eventHandler page on the wikie MP notes: "Killed" and "Hit" eventhandlers are executed where given unit is local.