Sign in to follow this  
Bee8190

Silly things you've tested in Arma3 so far ;)

As per title, what silly things have you tested so far ? ;)

Let me start -

I placed the civilian 4X4 offroad and the HEMTT utility truck in the editor and just drove around. After some testing I decided it would be fun to crash the utility truck into that civi 4x4 in high speed and see what happens. Well the 4x4 of course burst in flames and explosion followed shortly after.

That didn't satisfy my test run though so I decided it'd be interesting to see what will burning wreckage do if I push it to the sea with my untouched HEMTT truck. To my surprise, water did what it does well and put an end to all those flames as soon as the burning wreck came to contact with the sea :cool:

I once benchmarked my computer with some demolitions:

this addeventhandler ["fired", {(_this select 0) addMagazine "SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag"}];

Wanted to see if tank suspension had any bounce to it after landing due to the recoil of such impact, or if wheeled suspension took damage from high jumps...must admit I did have some fun with it though.

The reasons weren't so much silly but I looked at the Kamysh top speed and then the green car and wound up having a bit of a derby, and then I discovered that it can fly. (seen at the end)

Edited by NodUnit

Driving down hill full speed trying to miss every rock and tree

I think it's safe to say everyone's done that many times! :)

I think it's safe to say everyone's done that many times! :)

No, that's just childish!!! :p

But I have "jumped" off a lot of buildings to see if I survive...

Before the helicopters had physics underwater I was testing underwater flight in a wetsuit and an invulnerable heli! Now it's just invuln apc's and offroads (which move extremely slow). Funny to watch three apcs emerge from underwater and attack a town!

i tested rag dolls earlier with 100 civilians and a explosive charge.... am i normal?

tried driving full speed across the forest to see how long i could last untill a tire went off.

i tested rag dolls earlier with 100 civilians and a explosive charge.... am i normal?

did that aswell^^

did that aswell^^

haha its quite funny i also made 20 orcas fall on top of them haha

drove a pickup over the bay

unfortunately they changed something in the boxes or physx so they dont really float anymore.

I tested dropping various objects and vehicles to see what the new physics would deliver but unfortunately it's about the same as before.

Everything falls flat with no rotation unless you collide it with another object, they really need to have some sort of command that can apply forces.

vehicle disableCollisionWith vehicle

I tried this expecting it to allow vehicles to pass through each other or at least prevent attached objects having strange effects on the parent object such as damage or flying off.

It only seems to disable collision between AI/player units and objects and not object to object or actual vehicle to vehicle collisions.

This:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/da12thMonkey/screenshot/612773448175755149

Serious testing of the effects of PhysX gravitational acceleration: Comparing off-road surface friction and air friction coefficients. I assure you ;)

Grid 032049, plop yourself on the 180m prominence, set azimuth to 195 degrees and floor it for the rocky outcrop at the bottom of the hill.

The fact that you can play pinball/skittles with the trees at the bottom of the valley while humming the Dukes of Hazzard theme-tune is besides the point...

Edited by da12thMonkey

deffo trying this with a quadbike!! :D

This:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/da12thMonkey/screenshot/612773448175755149

Serious testing of the effects of PhysX gravitational acceleration: Comparing off-road surface friction and air friction coefficients. I assure you ;)

Grid 032049, plop yourself on the 180m prominence, set azimuth to 195 degrees and floor it for the rocky outcrop at the bottom of the hill.

The fact that you can play pinball/skittles with the trees at the bottom of the valley is besides the point...

500kmph? holy moley how?

Just make a new config, set the things, and PBO it.

I'll provide you the config when im on my main comp

PS:

Meanwhile you could use the example Sakura_Chan made in his Primer for new vehicle simulation thread, however it is for Alpha, so you have to change some things. To make it go 500 just set

maxSpeed = 520;

enginePower = 3600;

maxOmega = 4000;

It gets very unstable and accelerates sickly fast.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149027-Primer-for-new-vehicle-simulation

Edited by takeonmarslover

waiting for planes so i can make my landing without gear video :D

this allowdamage false ;-)

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

i did something interesting with that init line script actually....

spawn a ghost hawk underwater (may have to do -30 or something elevation) and i actually started the helicopter underwater and was "flying/swimming" and could actually fully submerse the helo and fly out of the water..

i also tried this with a "littlebird" but it blows up when you try to take off out of the water hmm :S

[HINT] use an empty helo and spawn a diver and type "this moveindriver heli1" so you dont drown

this allowdamage false

hehehe,not really ... the challenge is to do it without that :D,it worked on previous titles,let's see if it will work on A3 ! without Autohover ofcourse :D

Edited by On_Sabbatical