Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Mod i hadnt heard of before

Hey because I wasnt hearing a thing about these guys and their work looks great. Check out their site here

Look at the pretty helicopter! wow.gif

mi2_01.jpg

Yes, it looks great, I remember seeing the early shots, they have a great helocopter there.

i agree ! it really looks great ...but i think we have to wait for the release of the mod .... on their site they say that the addons wont be released before sad.gif

I actually believe that not releasing addons without a mod is a clever thing to do. Cause any addon without a mod, no matter how good it is, is absolutely useless, no offense to any ModMakers, but none of the released addons add anything to the Flashpoint as a game. They're just an entertainment for couple of minutes and quickly forgotten.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Aug. 07 2002,14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I actually believe that not releasing addons without a mod is a clever thing to do. Cause any addon without a mod, no matter how good it is, is absolutely useless, no offense to any ModMakers, but none of the released addons add anything to the Flashpoint as a game. They're just an entertainment for couple of minutes and quickly forgotten.<span id='postcolor'>

I couldn't disagree more! I have really enjoyed so many addons, and they take up permanant use in my addons folder. UCE's Finns and Russians especialy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Aug. 07 2002,14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I actually believe that not releasing addons without a mod is a clever thing to do. Cause any addon without a mod, no matter how good it is, is absolutely useless, no offense to any ModMakers, but none of the released addons add anything to the Flashpoint as a game. They're just an entertainment for couple of minutes and quickly forgotten.<span id='postcolor'>

I Disagree!

I still use my very old addons.

Well I still got about 1 Gig of addons in my addons folder, but it doesn't mean that I use them very often. At least when people releasing an addon they should release a mission with it as well.

Hmmm interesting a Polish mod whos mission is to capture denmark hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Get ready to get some **** Kicked biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I actually believe that not releasing addons without a mod is a clever thing to do. Cause any addon without a mod, no matter how good it is, is absolutely useless, no offense to any ModMakers, but none of the released addons add anything to the Flashpoint as a game. They're just an entertainment for couple of minutes and quickly forgotten.<span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I still got about 1 Gig of addons in my addons folder, but it doesn't mean that I use them very often. At least when people releasing an addon they should release a mission with it as well.<span id='postcolor'>

That is exactly the point i think! When i download an addon, i extract it, open the flashpoint missioneditor and put it in.... then i click on preview and start to try it out....thats the normal way i think.... but everything you can do there is running around and shooting with your new downloaded weapon for example.... for me, that gets boring after 5 or 10 minutes. to make an addon really useful you have to make missions with it thats clear ...but i think many ppl are scared of useing inofficial addons in there missions because the ppl who download the missions have to download the addon too...and there are many mission centers which only accept missions made with the official stuff confused.gif ... what do you think about it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> actually believe that not releasing addons without a mod is a clever thing to do. Cause any addon without a mod, no matter how good it is, is absolutely useless, no offense to any ModMakers, but none of the released addons add anything to the Flashpoint as a game. They're just an entertainment for couple of minutes and quickly forgotten.<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree with this, all real quality addons like Kegetys' addons are really big entertainment in multiplayer. I usually play MP with my buddies and we always use some quality unoffical addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I still got about 1 Gig of addons in my addons folder, but it doesn't mean that I use them very often. At least when people releasing an addon they should release a mission with it as well.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with this,(thanks for the tip) for now on I will always add a nice mission with addons wink.gif.

I agree with the point that you download it and use it for 15 min ot so.. there are exceptions offcourse i always take kegs east soldier w/ AK107/AK103 and .44 magnum.. and i often justt fly around with the various jets.. But making a mission with the addon is an really good idea

I think all add-ons should be released as soon as they are finished! Get real people how many mods do you accually think will ever be completed?? lets see its been over year and still no mods have come out or even seem close to completion. CSLA was a campaign with some add-ons but it was the closest we have gotten. dont even bring up desert storm =] I hate hearing this "not released until the mod comes out". it really means "will end up on some kids harddrive that bought a new game and lost interest in his OFP MOD" A good compromise would be to release and international version and keep the mod version to themselves. I just hate seeing all of this eye-candy that we will never see in our add-on folder.

Well I don't mind addons being released separately, it will create more news that I can post at my site, but gameplay wise they're pretty useless. That is why when my team was thinking about releasing Zu23-2 separately from Retaliation mod I said no.