This would be a perfect module to see in breaking point. Or any of the other survival mods out there. As well as the endless applications aside from the listed above. Great work. Can't wait to play with it.

Wow, this looks great.

I hope you do some more textures for walls, I really can't wait to see what can be accomplished with a mod like this.

This would be a perfect module to see in breaking point.
+11111

good to see that your still working on it, NM!

If it were possible to deploy pre-fabricated structures, then this would have some amazing applications in modes like Defiance or Warfare.

Good luck with the making it good for mod support, the thought of using this in just about any situation just makes me happy.

Love this, loved the idea from A2 with MBG Creationism and I am so glad I will be able to have this in A3. I know this question has already been asked but will there be a way where once you build a structure in game that you can hit a button and it creates another mission file alternate to the current one in which you can go into and merge it with your existing mission without having to call upon a sqf script. Not sure if this is possible but just a suggestion. Could you please elaborate more on how we are going to be able to save buildings created in the sp mission editor? Thanks and love where this mod is headed.

-Black Viper

Great to see you back mate- you had us all worried for a while there lol... ;)

This would be a perfect module to see in breaking point. Or any of the other survival mods out there. As well as the endless applications aside from the listed above. Great work. Can't wait to play with it.
+11111

good to see that your still working on it, NM!

Here read this: http://www.thezombieinfection.com/topic/8149-base-building-ibuild-arma-3-drop-in-mod/

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Wow, this looks great.

I hope you do some more textures for walls, I really can't wait to see what can be accomplished with a mod like this.

Do you mean material textures or variations ?

Good to see this is progressing!!
I'm so happy to see an update from this mod.

I like the new video you made- it looks great.

Me too. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

If it were possible to deploy pre-fabricated structures, then this would have some amazing applications in modes like Defiance or Warfare.

Good luck with the making it good for mod support, the thought of using this in just about any situation just makes me happy.

Love this, loved the idea from A2 with MBG Creationism and I am so glad I will be able to have this in A3. I know this question has already been asked but will there be a way where once you build a structure in game that you can hit a button and it creates another mission file alternate to the current one in which you can go into and merge it with your existing mission without having to call upon a sqf script. Not sure if this is possible but just a suggestion. Could you please elaborate more on how we are going to be able to save buildings created in the sp mission editor? Thanks and love where this mod is headed.

-Black Viper

Structures are persistent across maps, missions, or both. If you build something in mission1.stratis, it can be loaded in mission2.stratis. Structures are saved to a txt file which can be shared with fellow mission makers to include in their missions.

Not sure if that answers all your questions...

Structures are persistent across maps, missions, or both. If you build something in mission1.stratis, it can be loaded in mission2.stratis. Structures are saved to a txt file which can be shared with fellow mission makers to include in their missions.

Not sure if that answers all your questions...

Kinda makes sense but not completely. I'll wait until you have a video explaining the entire mod thoroughly. :D (cough cough hint hint)

Great to see you back mate- you had us all worried for a while there lol... ;)

Hey Mesh,

Cheers man!

Yeah, life started to get jealous and decided to throw it's dummy out of the pram because I wasn't giving it enough attention. ;)

Because of that, I've been busy catching up when and where I have the energy. Damn insomnia isn't helping either. All that in-mind, I'm still enjoying the project and keep learning new things. Funny that the majority of my Google's in regards to modelling seem to always point me to one of your forum posts which help a lot! :D

I feel like I should ask how NZ is going, but I read the bad news. Didn't post anything because I didn't want to rub salt in the wounds. I will still look forward to it regardless to whether or not the project get's resurrected. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

Gee, how time flies when you're having fun! :D

---------- Post added at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

I meant more textures, In the video I watched was only the wood walls but looks like you've made more since then. :)

Ah yeah, I just kept things basic for the moment as I've re-designed everything multiple times already. Plus I'm not all that good at it so I will leave the modelling to the pros. ;)

I plan to support various materials in future, but for now we are stuck with what I like to call... Chuck-Norris-Wood aka Bulletproof wood. :D

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 ----------

Kinda makes sense but not completely. I'll wait until you have a video explaining the entire mod thoroughly. :D (cough cough hint hint)

Haha, sorry man.

Yeah, when the time comes, all will be explained thoroughly. Well, I'll try. I'm not all that good at explaining things. (cough cough) :D

haha, sorry man.

Yeah, when the time comes, all will be explained thoroughly. Well, i'll try. I'm not all that good at explaining things. (cough cough) :d

yessssss :d :d :d :d

Oh boy, this is a sweet project you've got here.

Also looks very polished so far.

Since I've also tried something similar to this back in 2009 (Maze algorithm for dynamic buildings and RUBE_BuildingElements, pictures: 1, 2, 3... welcome to the club? :p) I wonder if and how you've solved some peculiar problems:

• Can AI walk/navigate over your fake-terrain (i.e. your foundaition-blocks)? I remember having terrible problems in this regard...
  • How do you handle building destruction? For example: what happens to building elements in the upper floor if you blow up some stachel in the lower part of the building? Do you end up with mysteriously floating building elements? Or are they linked in some way?
  • LOD. What happens if you look at your composed buildings from a distance (e.g. with binoculars)? Do the building elements pop in at the same time/to render a complete view, or do you end up only seeing some of the building elements?

Anyways, thumbs up. This is awesome as hell.

Have fun and tweak on!

:yay:

Fantastic to see this thread again!

Couldn't quite see the menus, is it possible to add objects to the lists you've define (I think we've covered this before). Inside and outside building decoration would be nice, stone supports etc? (If models already in-game).

Glad to see you back again and looking forward to a trying it out!

BSW

Oh boy, this is a sweet project you've got here.

Also looks very polished so far.

Since I've also tried something similar to this back in 2009 (Maze algorithm for dynamic buildings and RUBE_BuildingElements, pictures: 1, 2, 3... welcome to the club? :p) I wonder if and how you've solved some peculiar problems:

• Can AI walk/navigate over your fake-terrain (i.e. your foundaition-blocks)? I remember having terrible problems in this regard...
  • How do you handle building destruction? For example: what happens to building elements in the upper floor if you blow up some stachel in the lower part of the building? Do you end up with mysteriously floating building elements? Or are they linked in some way?
  • LOD. What happens if you look at your composed buildings from a distance (e.g. with binoculars)? Do the building elements pop in at the same time/to render a complete view, or do you end up only seeing some of the building elements?

Anyways, thumbs up. This is awesome as hell.

Have fun and tweak on!

:yay:

Hey ruebe,

AI, AI, AI... Always has been a sticky topic in regards to ArmA. I tried a few things back when I first started development, but I had no success. They would walk through walls when passing between modules. That said, I was still learning the basics of arma's O2 models & configs and probably did things wrong. I did however get them working well at one point, but that success was limited to ground level. I will re-visit AI eventually and hope for a miracle. ;)

Destruction... Well, something again I have played around with. I have some ideas but it's not something I'm all that focused on at the moment. I've played around with A3's PhysX and I have uploaded a video but it's set to private atm. It's on the more advanced things to-do-list along with AI.

LOD... I've looked at a distance via Splendid Camera and didn't notice anything peculiar, but I will give binocs a try and see what happens. I'll get back to you on this one.

Really iBuild is aimed towards PVP game-play, but I understand the benefits of AI support and destructible modules. My main focus has been optimisation and keeping object count down to a minimum for obvious reasons. Afterall, I don't want iBuild to be an hindrance to servers or mission designers.

Are we going to be able to use more military themed items for building? I'd love to be able to build a FOB with this by placing sandbags and hesco barriers and everything.

Yeah same.

I can totally imagine building a UN base out in some crappy country with this, wish a good logistics mod exsisted :(

Remember watching this a long time ago, the old vids,

It has only gotten better.

Erm...

Hello BIS forum! :p

It's been a while since I last posted anything, and I can only apologise for being absent and leaving you guys in the dark. I don't want to drown you in excuses, so let's just say I've been busy committing all my spare time and energy to the mods development. The OCD in me has also had me re-designing things that I wasn't happy with; which was almost everything, so yeah. Anyway, I digress...

I thought I would update you guys (in text) on the progress:

The first public Pre-Alpha test build of the mod is in PBO form and ready to be uploaded to the Arma 3 workshop. I'm still in the progress of writing the documentation for said build, but I hope to have this done by the weekend. Sadly I have no word on an exact release date because I have ran into some serious issues along the way which negatively impact the mod.

The first issue: I've discovered a really weird issue when testing on my local dedicated server. When I place objects, everything works as expected, although it seems to be that way until I rejoin the server. I've found that the SetPosASL & SetDir commands only seem to be having local (client side) effect on custom made objects. When I rejoin the server, all placed objects direction and position are set to that of when they were initially spawned. If I spawn vanilla A3 objects, everything works as expected after rejoining the server!!!??

The second issue: Players can valt through doors in A3, which of course affects iBuild as this renders lockable doors pointless. Possible fix: I can remodel the iBuild doors and increase the thickness.

The last issue: Objects are slightly misaligned upon server restarts leaving gaps in walls, floors, etc. This issue can be circumvented via a script that realigns each object when loaded from the database.

The first issue is driving me crazy so if anyone knows why this is happening, a fix, or can reproduce it, I would tremendously appreciate some feedback. I'm not aware of BIS changing the way these global commands function, so I'm banging my head against my desk right now. I can't release pre-alpha until I have solved this issue. :(

Thanks for the continued support and patients friends!

Regards,

- NM

For the vaulting issue you could potentially disable it when the player is in a .5 or 1 proximity of the door and the door is closed or locked. Either that or submit a BHI bug report if there isnt already one. Sadly the vaulting issue seems to be super common as there was a mission developer who had to create a fix so people could not use said glitch to go through walls temporarily and shoot other players. It really is an issue BHI needs to address.

Can't wait to test the mod!