I think like you say it was false terrain not real

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10695#comments

After the reference page you have sent, I am sure they used false terrain. The general concept is good but not for hole island terrain. Like I wrote before some artificial terrain objects like big rocks or dirt hills that could be modified would do the trick :)

After the reference page you have sent, I am sure they used false terrain. The general concept is good but not for hole island terrain. Like I wrote before some artificial terrain objects like big rocks or dirt hills that could be modified would do the trick :)

I would possibly give this a go some time in the distant future, but this would need more of a 3D modeler than a coder. I mean the code would be very simple, but the models required would need to fit with the island and textured accordingly (both of which I suck at). :P

I would possibly give this a go some time in the distant future, but this would need more of a 3D modeler than a coder.

True but there are plenty of great 3d modelers and texture makers in the community but only few great coders like you. I'm sure that someone will offer his help with that if you send a signal you want to do such thing. I think it would be a great addition to your construction project.

I would possibly give this a go some time in the distant future, but this would need more of a 3D modeler than a coder. I mean the code would be very simple, but the models required would need to fit with the island and textured accordingly (both of which I suck at). :P

Could you possibly supply us modders with some dimensions of various objects such as walls (Height,Width,Length), and corner fixtures, poles or cubed (Diameter and Height). It shouldn't then be too difficult for someone to create examples for you to test.

I'll have a bash at anything! Readers of this thread can then post pics of their work and you can take your pick. Gives amateurs like me a bit of a practice modelling and texturing, and also gives you access to assets to freely use.

More than welcome to help out in any way.

Keep up the great work.

BSW

Wow this looks fantastic, I could see many awesome uses with this mod.

I must ask, will there be a way to make bridges using this mod? Like a combat unit, with a supply truck full of wood or a certain material, being able to construct a bridge over a 'river' per say to allow movement across?

Hmmm:j:

Edited by NerdMod
Outdated information

Hi Nerdmod!

Hey man, read your devblog and I'm here to offer my encouragement and goodwill! :)

Tbh, it sounds like you have made the right choices in choosing to rebuild it from the ground up (no pun intended!) as I know that these things can get completely muddled and overbearing if you don't keep on top of them- it's exactly the same with art assets too imo, the two are comparable in that regard.

RL always comes first man. Keep that in your mind while you whittle away at this anticipated project. We'll all still be here when you decide to post updates etc.

I know it can get a little over bearing at times too, having to decide to sit down at your desk, turn the PC on, ignore your games library and start to WORK for free lol while trying to stay focused at the macro and micro level of your project..!!!

Sometimes it really gets to me too but I find that once I start, then after 10-15 mind I'm usually back in the flow...

Anyway man, take it easy and do this for yourself and take as long as you need to- try to enjoy the process or it becomes a chore.

If you want another break, take one! ;)

All the best with this, I'm really looking forwards to it.

Looks like good progress indeed! I can't keep thinking about castles and siege weapons when I see this mod :)

Nice blog! Glad to see the mod getting improved. :)

I have a request though; this should make the mod very usefull for training:

-could you add place-/moveable cqbtraining-targets & doors?

In modern killhouses instructors can move walls & targets to constantly change the room soldiers are clearing. Adding this feature would definitely enhance tactical realism units' trainings and the mod would fit even better in the arma game.

It, obviously, does not have to be a big goal for this mod, but just adding it would make a lot of people happy!

Regards & good luck with further development. :)

Edited by ltsThomas

I've just read DevpBlog... The progress is amazing. What can I say...Most innovative project for ARMA III so far. It will add so many options for survival gameplay.

Cheers for the info NM, I'll see if I can do a quick wall/pillar knock up, probably in Sketchup (easy dimensions) then use something more serious for uvmapping and texturing.

Not promising anything great or quick, but hope to provide a sample model for others to use to practice on and perhaps post some examples for you. I'm guessing the wall can be as low as 6 faces?

Once again...fantastic work mate, keep it up!

BSW

Wow this looks fantastic, I could see many awesome uses with this mod.

I must ask, will there be a way to make bridges using this mod? Like a combat unit, with a supply truck full of wood or a certain material, being able to construct a bridge over a 'river' per say to allow movement across?

Bridges are definitely on the list of future features, but likely not until long after the initial release date. I'd like to model some suitable bridge-like modules that would work better over water. ;)

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Hi Nerdmod!

Hey man, read your devblog and I'm here to offer my encouragement and goodwill! :)

Tbh, it sounds like you have made the right choices in choosing to rebuild it from the ground up (no pun intended!) as I know that these things can get completely muddled and overbearing if you don't keep on top of them- it's exactly the same with art assets too imo, the two are comparable in that regard.

RL always comes first man. Keep that in your mind while you whittle away at this anticipated project. We'll all still be here when you decide to post updates etc.

I know it can get a little over bearing at times too, having to decide to sit down at your desk, turn the PC on, ignore your games library and start to WORK for free lol while trying to stay focused at the macro and micro level of your project..!!!

Sometimes it really gets to me too but I find that once I start, then after 10-15 mind I'm usually back in the flow...

Anyway man, take it easy and do this for yourself and take as long as you need to- try to enjoy the process or it becomes a chore.

If you want another break, take one! ;)

All the best with this, I'm really looking forwards to it.

Hey mesh, thanks man, that means a lot!

I guess having to learn so much along the way takes it's toll, especially the modelling side of things with texturing, configuring, etc. Just recently I've been working out the animation side of things too with doors and such so it took a while. Figuring out why some things wouldn't work was an headache, but I've got it figured now. Pleased to say that I've recently been enjoying myself again and have got quite a lot done in the past few days, so progress is good. :)

Thanks again! ;)

- NerdMod

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Looks like good progress indeed! I can't keep thinking about castles and siege weapons when I see this mod :)
Nice blog! Glad to see the mod getting improved. :)

I have a request though; this should make the mod very usefull for training:

-could you add place-/moveable cqbtraining-targets & doors?

In modern killhouses instructors can move walls & targets to constantly change the room soldiers are clearing. Adding this feature would definitely enhance tactical realism units' trainings and the mod would fit even better in the arma game.

It, obviously, does not have to be a big goal for this mod, but just adding it would make a lot of people happy!

Regards & good luck with further development. :)

We will just have to see what nice new features future development brings. ;)

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Cheers for the info NM, I'll see if I can do a quick wall/pillar knock up, probably in Sketchup (easy dimensions) then use something more serious for uvmapping and texturing.

Not promising anything great or quick, but hope to provide a sample model for others to use to practice on and perhaps post some examples for you. I'm guessing the wall can be as low as 6 faces?

Once again...fantastic work mate, keep it up!

BSW

Sounds good BSW.

I might release the files of the vanilla models once I've got them up to a standard that I am happy with, but anything you can contribute will help immensely in the meantime. Just please let me take a look at the models before you commit to the detailed process of texturing them. I wouldn't want you having to go about completely re-texturing them if something needed changing, but It's up to you. ;)

6+ faces will be fine.

Thanks!

- NerdMod

Hey NerdMod!

I wanted to know if I could assist you in your project! I am the head/senior developer at Zoombies, a heavily edited DayZ for ArmA 3. I wanted to also implement your module in ours so player's have an amazing experience with base building - one that is unique.

Please contact me at this email, PM on youtube, or PM on our website ASAP! Thanks NerdMod!

soraxxmistad@hotmail.com

http://zoombiesmod.com/index.php

- MistaD

Developer at Zoombies

Yes, really interested in seeing where Nerdmod takes this baby. SUCH potential for all sorts of things.

Hi there NerdMod,

I really think you should be hosting this on Gihub as a public repository:

## Crowd source the effort

- Pull requests make ensuring you retain quality control over what actually gets merged.

- Create a CONTRIBUTING.md file to show people how you would like contributions to be made.

## Preserve it for future generations

- choose the 3 clause BSD license or the MIT license to protect it for future generations

Github is a nice idea, airtonix!

While this mod is already awesome, I'd open up chances for so many different stuff to use for building and other mod-enhancements.

At the end it's your choice, and I'll look forward to see it!

Hi there NerdMod' date='

I really think you should be hosting this on Gihub as a public repository:

## Crowd source the effort

- Pull requests make ensuring you retain quality control over what actually gets merged.

- Create a CONTRIBUTING.md file to show people how you would like contributions to be made.

## Preserve it for future generations

- choose the 3 clause BSD license or the MIT license to protect it for future generations[/quote']

Hey airtonix,

I've thought about this and did create a GH account, but I'm not decided. My plan is to get a proper website to cater for everything regarding the mod. Forums, download repository for community made assets, bug tracker, FAQ, wiki, etc etc. Plus I have plans for future mods that will work alongside iBuild to extend it's functionality in a modular way. I won't go into detail or give anything away, but what I will say is that my plan is aimed towards servers and their admins. I see myself going off topic here so I will leave it at that. ;)

I guess the short answer is maybe.

Sorry for late reply. :o

- NerdMod

Glad to see that, not only is it being worked on, you have even bigger plans for it !

Glad to see that, not only is it being worked on, you have even bigger plans for it !

Glad you understand Kremator. The problem is that going the modular community supported route is very time consuming. I mean I could just hard-code everything and be done, but then when server admins want to disable or add things, it gets a little messy for everyone. Staying true to mod support is key, though it's easier said than done, especially in terms of getting everything to work in a not so complicated way to keep things streamlined and optimised. All this means a lot of planning, tea, trial and error, and patience. ;)

It's reassuring when you have such understanding supporters. :)

- NerdMod