Sign in to follow this  
KingBeast

Internet luvvin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This thread is almost 2 months old!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Holy crap!, I just realised that after typing a reply. What was the point of resurrecting a mummified post?

Oh well.

Because he actually had something valid to contribute, unlike other grave diggers who post things like "yeah I agree" or those like Monkey Lib who make no effort to even hide the fact they're simply trying to act stupid smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 27 2002,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because he actually had something valid to contribute, unlike other grave diggers who post things like "yeah I agree" or those like Monkey Lib who make no effort to even hide the fact they're simply trying to act stupid smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Stupid? Who's stupid?

Well you are if you think that we moderators haven't noticed the amount of spamming as well as postings that are on the verge of spam that you've been doing of late, we're currently discussing what action we will take smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 27 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you are if you think that we moderators haven't noticed the amount of spamming as well as postings that are on the verge of spam that you've been doing of late, we're currently discussing what action we will take smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Seriously (no spam post), are you just kidding (i see a smile.gif ) or is that the same smillie as the one you post when you close a thread?

I put smileys in there to try and keep things light but if I'm joking most of the time I'll put a wink.

No I'm very serious, we've noticed your postings and we've been having discussions about it, what I would suggest is that when you feel like making a post think to yourself "is it really necessary for me to post this, does it serve a purpose for me to post this" if you answer those questions honestly then there most likely will not be an issue with your postings, that of course applies to all other forum users smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 27 2002,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No I'm very serious, we've noticed your postings and we've been having discussions about it, what I would suggest is that when you feel like making a post think to yourself "is it really necessary for me to post this, does it serve a purpose for me to post this" if you answer those questions honestly then there most likely will not be an issue with your postings, that of course applies to all other forum users smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ooooooooh, I'm being discussed? biggrin.gif

The problem is that when you might think a post is not necessary, i think it's very necessary! smile.gif

Hmz, this our 2nd 'talk' in less than a week....... that's weeeeiiiiird!

It is true Darklight, your spamming is becoming excessive. For a typical example check your last comment in the mid east thread.

It is no grave violation but when you do it a lot it becomes a problem.

I wonder if I was ever discussed?biggrin.gif Maybe I should get me a girl over the net, otherwise I will have no chance. tounge.gif Maybe I could put this in a mathmatical term.

having Girl=less money=not being able the next OFP game

Having no Girl=haveing money=being able to buy new OFP game

This is just sad. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe I should get me a girl over the net, otherwise I will have no chance.<span id='postcolor'>

A bit of advice: Never show her the picture of yourself that you showed us. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 28 2002,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe I should get me a girl over the net, otherwise I will have no chance.<span id='postcolor'>

A bit of advice: Never show her the picture of yourself that you showed us.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im going to have to second that wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 28 2002,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 28 2002,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe I should get me a girl over the net, otherwise I will have no chance.<span id='postcolor'>

A bit of advice: Never show her the picture of yourself that you showed us.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im going to have to second that  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

can some post the pic or a link to it biggrin.gif I didnt see it

I'll give some "proper" advice, if you're going to meet someone off the net be sure you've taken the time to know them as well as is possible over the net.

Try if possible to get them to make a personalised pic, ie get them to do something silly like hold up a sign saying "I love you Rob you furry lil mammal you" This serves to prove that the person they show in their photos is the real them.......

Why is that last lil thing important?

Friend of mine met a girl on the net (both Americans), they became very fond of each other, exchanged emails, phonecalls, letters, and of course photos, the fondness became love, they decide to meet, my friend drives a few hours to this girls house, she opens the door, he's like "Hi is Emily there please", She's like "I'm Emily"........

See the girl who answered the door was like 300lbs, the girl in the pic sent to my friend was like 100lbs and pretty, before anyone thinks my friend was all shallow and stuff, he's a top bloke, he would have no problems falling in love with someone who's 300lbs, he like most people just doesn't like being lied to smile.gif

Another story, not a friend of mine, something I read in a newsaper, guy in England meets an American woman on the net, they fall in love, exchange pics, he gets over there, not only is the pic of her like 20 years out of date, but her bosses corpse was sitting in her freezer smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 28 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another story, not a friend of mine, something I read in a newsaper, guy in England meets an American woman on the net, they fall in love, exchange pics, he gets over there, not only is the pic of her like 20 years out of date, but her bosses corpse was sitting in her freezer smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! that's a good one, Placebo.

Being lied to is the number one problem with getting involved online.

What the hell, I'll tell y'all about it.

I used to chat with this woman in Seattle. We were great friends for over a year with not a bit of romance involved. When I met her, she was 'just about 19' .

Well, she broke up with her BF, and after a lot of consoling and late night chatting on the phone, she asked me to come down and meet her. She even paid my bus fare to get me to Seattle.

We met and hit it off in a big way.

Until I found out she was actually 17, and had been lying about her age the whole time. See, no one took her seriously when she said she was 16, so she said she was eighteen going on nineteen.

biggrin.gif

I still talk to her even now (this happened four years ago) but it's totally different, because of the trust issues that were shattered when I found out I was being lied to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol ouch, thats harsh assault <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, hey, I'm just trying to save him the trouble of finding that out for himself. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can some post the pic or a link to it, I didnt see it<span id='postcolor'>

You don't want to. But don't say I didn't warn you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I read in a newsaper, guy in England meets an American woman on the net, they fall in love, exchange pics, he gets over there, not only is the pic of her like 20 years out of date, but her bosses corpse was sitting in her freez<span id='postcolor'>

Love hurts.

Tyler

lol @ Assault biggrin.gif

Im lucky in that my girl never lied to me, and i saw a picture of her from the very start. Then soon after it was weekly phone calls, and then daily.

Though i msut admit, i have spoken to people online that i found out for sure were lying, and it wasnt really a nice thing. You would think that if you treat someone good they wouldnt lie to you, but i guess thats not always the case.

I'll say one thing for DOR at least he had the balls to post a pic of himself, not many forum users posted their pics.

I'll say one other thing, mocking a person based on their looks/appearance is a form of bullying, maybe DOR can take it all as a joke, maybe he can't, but I think people should take a moment to think to themselves before they say similar things to people, whether here or IRL smile.gif

Here endeth the sermon from the old man biggrin.gif

Oh I'd post a pic if I could, but I would rather spend all my funds on games and computer upgrades, rather than webcams, digital cameras, scanners and what have you

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 28 2002,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, hey, I'm just trying to save him the trouble of finding that out for himself.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

[sticking up for DOR Mode] Thus speaketh the geek in the goofy helmet [/sticking up for DOR Mode]

biggrin.gif

Duke needs a few more years, a better haircut, and some sunshine, and he wont look a lot different than you, Tyler. So think before you case stones, man.

90% of appearance is attitude anyways. If you come of as a timid geek, that's how people will see you.

Poor ole Duke is only 15, and that is likely one of the most awkward, least self confident ages in a mans life. So cut him some slack smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Sep. 29 2002,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">90% of appearance is attitude anyways. If you come of as a timid geek, that's how people will see you.  <span id='postcolor'>

yup. and he speaks from his experience. biggrin.gif

if you ask me, internet relationship has to be careful. i'm happy find some great minds on this forum and know them over the net.

and all those ppl i mentioned in above paragraph found out worst case of finding wrong ppl on the net tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thus speaketh the geek in the goofy helmet <span id='postcolor'>

Thus speaketh the geek behind yon computer desk.

biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll say one thing for DOR at least he had the balls to post a pic of himself<span id='postcolor'>

Hey!, my avatar is looking at you as we speak. Yes, that is me before basic. Picture me 35lbs lighter, and there you have it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Poor ole Duke is only 15, and that is likely one of the most awkward, least self confident ages in a mans life. So cut him some slack <span id='postcolor'>

Hey, I was only kidding, but I desist.

Tyler

Wow, that quote of mine is really spreading wow.gif

Excellent, since I like it. smile.gif

If you want, I can produce more words of wisedom biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want, I can produce more words of wisedom <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, start by spelling 'wisdom' the right way. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 29 2002,09:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want, I can produce more words of wisedom <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, start by spelling 'wisdom' the right way.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, Didn't you notice the "biggrin.gif"? That was kind of the point wink.gif