I see 

Changed: createVehicleLocal was restricted in multiplayer - vehicles, shots, explosions and such are no longer possible to spawn (the old behavior can be turned on via "unsafeCVL=1" in the description.ext or server's config)

a bit critical, it will certainly require adjustments in existing scripts and/or server configs.

Why not make it opt in for server admins wanting more security?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nomisum said:

I see 

a bit critical, it will certainly require adjustments in existing scripts and/or server configs.

may I ask how do you use it?

1 hour ago, killzone_kid said:

Different use cases.

Fortification Script preplacing locally

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-fortifications/blob/045f2012921ce26ebb8343c0a5ec935d997b8f94/functions/place/fn_startPlacement.sqf#L19

Dropping Blood in Manhunt-Tracking (there was a reason why no simpleObject, cant remember exactly)

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/TvT_Rattenfalle.prei_khmaoch_luong/blob/4a6550337897bc1c8956867597f1bb415ddfdd30/grad_pilotTracking/functions/client/fn_createBloodSplatter.sqf#L11

AA Script (needs to be local because ... smoke and mirrors when jumping and falling away from plane)

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/Co_SchwarzerHusar.WL_rosche/blob/master/node_modules/grad-drop/functions/fn_spawnAA.sqf#L7

Fireworks Script (Local Explosions to lower performance impact)

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/scripts_GRAD_fireworks.Stratis/blob/master/GRAD_fireworks/fireworks.sqf#L30

VCOM Vehicle Detection runs with local CanOpeners iirc as well as many other smoke & mirror helpers

Maybe things clear up if its defined whats possible to still create locally. I presume effects like #lightpoint need to be? What else?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nomisum said:

Maybe things clear up if its defined whats possible to still create locally. I presume effects like #lightpoint need to be? What else?

I hope, I really hope they mean actual vehicles, and not static objects like furnitures.

Otherwise this is going to break a lot of scripts, mods and missions : I personally spent weeks on a dynamic furniture system bundled with the Ravage mod, 100% relying on local objects to save perofrmances in MP... That option in description.ext is a no go for such a set-up; I design my mods to allow mission making without the need to tinker with mission folder files, if that feature concerns static objects as well, that's pretty much the end of it.

@DnA, can you provide more informations on this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, haleks said:

I hope, I really hope they mean actual vehicles, and not static objects like furnitures

yes, vehicles == transport

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, killzone_kid said:

Thanks for clearing that up man, the wording in the changelog had me worried for a sec. ^^

Just tested it, I don't think it made it into dev

EDIT: Affirmative, added in 145731, current dev is 145729

• Like 1

5 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

2 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

What do you consider transport? Things that only hold units? What about crates etc?

I use them locally for player stash that cannot be accessed by others.

Maybe it would be easier to tell us the base class/es that this change effects? from that we can tell for ourselves if we need to make any changes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Larrow said:

What about crates etc

I’m afraid local containers is just the kind of evil this command was a candidate for complete removal oh so many times 😞 

9 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Just tested it, I don't think it made it into dev

EDIT: Affirmative, added in 145731, current dev is 145729

@DnAhi, may be edit?

Just found a bug related to non-English characters and copy/paste.

_str = "English, Русский, Čeština, Français, Español, Türkçe, 简体中文, 繁體中文, 한국어, 日本語";
copyToClipboard _str;
diag_log _str;
copyFromClipboard

The script returns this to the clipboard:

English, ミムτ・・コミクミケ, ト憩ナ。tina, Franテァais, Espaテアol, Tテシrkテァe, 邂菴謎クュ譁・ 郢・ォ比クュ譁・ 﨑懋オュ・エ, 譌・譛ャ隱・

In the return value:

English, Русский, Čeština, Français, Español, Türkçe, 简体中文, 繁體中文, 한국어, 日本語

In the log:

19:25:57 "English, ミムτ・・コミクミケ, ト憩ナ。tina, Franテァais, Espaテアol, Tテシrkテァe, 邂菴謎クュ譁・ 郢・ォ比クュ譁・ 﨑懋オュ・エ, 譌・譛ャ隱・

And if you copy the string to clipboard in-game manually, copyFromClipboard returns:

"English, �Q�������{�y�z, ?e?tina, Francais, Espanol, Turkce, ?�̒���, ��铒���, ???, ���{��"

On 6/4/2019 at 7:38 PM, nomisum said:

Looks like they made it opt-in - the wiki description now says this :

This command can be restricted in multiplayer by setting unsafeCVL param to 0. Default is unsafeCVL = 1;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicleLocal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a process where the community can submit optimizations/refactors of vanilla scripted systems?

Thinking of some of the larger systems like Arsenal, Zeus modules and parts of the Functions library, even "initFunctions.sqf" (which still uses functions like BIS_fnc_MP).

Maybe someone like @killzone_kid would be willing to curate community submissions to bring these SQF systems up to modern standards.

• Like 5

pathCalculated runs twice when executed

(calculatePath ["man","safe",[5000,6000],[worldsize/2, worldsize/2]]) addEventHandler ["PathCalculated",{ 
   private _pathCount = missionNameSpace getVariable ["pathCount",0];

_pathCount = _pathCount + 1;

hint str _pathCount;
	missionNamespace setVariable ["pathCount", _pathCount];
}];

// hint result: 2

Also a param which can be retrieved in the eventhandler would be helpful to work with the result.

PS: even better would be ability to use any unit as calculation agent ( _myUnit addEventhandler ...) so no agent in between.

Edited by nomisum
another suggestion added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Fixed: The PathCalculated Event Handler would fill each path node with [X, Z, Z] instead of [X, Z, Y]"

XZZ and XZY are both wrong 😅

should be XYZ?

I noticed setLightDayLight true doesn't work on flares generated with setLightUseFlare. While the ambiant light is indeed visible in daylight, the flare itself is not.

Is it intended behaviour? A way to force flares by daylight would be nice to have.

5 hours ago, nomisum said:

XZZ and XZY are both wrong

Have you tested it, is this the case?

13 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Have you tested it, is this the case?

No, maybe only changelog has a typo. Sorry for not being specific.

PS: Still EH is executed twice, second result is garbage:

Code

_agent addEventHandler ["PathCalculated",{
    params ["_agent", "_path", "_bla", "_blo", "_blu"];

diag_log str _this;
}];

Result

11:47:24 "[Agent 0x9127e1c0,[[4171.09,1864.84,392.87],[4185.16,1878.91,394.512],[4211.72,1905.47,398.91],[4222.66,1916.41,401.702],[4232.03,1925.78,403.492],[4280.47,1925.78,402.38],[4282.03,1925.78,402.556],[4311.72,1925.78,408.977],[4324.22,1925.78,413.391],[4375,1925,437.97],[4475,1975,478.11],[4525,2025,491.11],[4575,2075,505.04],[4625,2175,546.37],[4725,2225,587.32],[4825,2275,614.19],[4875,2375,607.42],[4925,2425,609.01],[4975,2475,623.69],[5075,2525,648.99],[5125,2625,662.18],[5199.22,2689.84,664.388]]]"

11:47:24 "[Agent 0x9127e1c0,[[5199.22,2689.84,664.388],[5199.22,2689.84,664.388]]]"

PPS: Looks like the last position is logged again, as if the agent after his travel decides to 'stop' and calculate the path to its stop (own) position again.

• Like 1

Just noticed there's no command to get a unit's (either AI or player) aiming position and/or crosshair position and/or direction which should be there I think... unless I missed something or just a blind. No, I'm not looking for weaponDirection.

42 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Just noticed there's no command to get a unit's (either AI or player) aiming position and/or crosshair position and/or direction which should be there I think...

getCameraViewDirection to check where unit is looking. Which is usually also aim position (unless head turn)

7 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

getCameraViewDirection to check where unit is looking. Which is usually also aim position (unless head turn)

That's a solution, but what if player uses Aiming Deadzone, or a grenade launcher? Seems this is not an ideal for me... Thanks for suggestion anyway.

I've been fiddling with calculatePath.

It takes me a number of minutes to generate results using ATVs and drivers that this command returns in milliseconds.

I do hope we'll get this command in the next stable.

• Like 1