On 6/27/2018 at 2:55 AM, pierremgi said:

Interesting... if it occurs in Vanilla Arma! I'll give it a test.

I already found that incapacitated AIs are considered as healthy for orders (it's ridiculous that AI's leader are still ordering incapacitated units to do something...)

and this other weird problem is not solved: The usual "need more info" is not fair at all for a 2 minute test in vanilla. BI devs don't care with that.

is a "simulation bubble" issue.

simply the life state is not propagated to the distant networked entities. there is no way to address this issue thru scripting

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

is a "simulation bubble" issue.

simply the life state is not propagated to the distant networked entities. there is no way to address this issue thru scripting

Not only, or what distance?

You can watch the video, The units belonging to player's group are very close! You can reproduce the issue stayng in formation. I just discovered recently that you just need to set unconscious the marksman (unit 4 only). It's a 2 minute test. If you don't want to use console with cursorObject, just name the marksman and add a radio trigger A to make it unconscious with: bob setUnconscious true..

BI devs... Is there a reason why it only checks loaded mag? Wouldn't it be make more sense / be better if it just checked all?

@oukej @moricky

• Like 1

Hi folks,

may be this is a better place for this issue then the troubleshooting Thread.

the following three lines are added to a function and the function is set to {preInit = 1}.

systemChat "I am here";  // is shown at the map briefing screen.

player addEventHandler [ "Respawn", {systemChat "respawn"}]; // this code is completly ignored, no EH is added, no text shown on respawn???
player addEventHandler [ "Killed", {systemChat "killed"}];  // is shown when player dies.

if i put the second line in debug console and press local, it works fine after respawn.

WHAT CAN THAT BE??? :help:
thanks a lot

PS there is nothing between the lines.

19 minutes ago, cyborg111 said:

Hi folks,

may be this is a better place for this issue then the troubleshooting Thread.

the following three lines are added to a function and the function is set to {preInit = 1}.

systemChat "I am here";  // is shown at the map briefing screen.

player addEventHandler [ "Respawn", {systemChat "respawn"}]; // this code is completly ignored, no EH is added, no text shown on respawn???
player addEventHandler [ "Killed", {systemChat "killed"}];  // is shown when player dies.

if i put the second line in debug console and press local, it works fine after respawn.

WHAT CAN THAT BE??? :help:
thanks a lot

PS there is nothing between the lines.

First of all, choose the right section.

Second, in your preInit, player is not already defined. Usually these lines are in initPlayerLocal.sqf (or equivalent waiting until player == player).

Or you can postInit as well.

9 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

First of all, choose the right section.

Second, in your preInit, player is not already defined. Usually these lines are in initPlayerLocal.sqf (or equivalent waiting until player == player).

Or you can postInit as well.

sure, the whole function starts with
true spawn {
waitUntil{!isNull player};
waitUntil {!isNil {missionNamespace getVariable "CCG_MAPINITIALIZATION_FINISHED"}};
waitUntil {{!isNil _x} count ["CCG_Friendly_Side","CCG_Enemy_Side","CCG_parachuteinprogress","CCG_addTaskmanagerActions","CCG_removeTaskmanagerActions","CCG_fnc_aceRoleCheck"] == 6};

the "killed" EH is working!!??
loaded an old mission from my steam workshop, same problem here! oO
That worked, i know that! Otherwise the player would have been respawned with standard loadout in the past.

I simplifyed the code for testing, the real code is more complex.
But even a simple (player addEventHandler [ "Respawn", {systemChat "respawn"}];) is ignored!
I have no idea why this is that way after Update of the Tank DLC?
first i thought that i made a mistake in the last days, but the old mission does not work too.

I mean, the code lines are consecutive!
and if you put the line "systemChat str isNull player" above, you get a false on screen?

Tested postinit, but no difference, i thought so.

any other plausible solutions or Ideas where i can search?
thanks

@cyborg111 - Make a new thread in the section that @pierremgi linked you to.

ARMA 3 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING

Added: New (get)CalculatePlayerVisibilityByFriendly script commands 

CalculatePlayerVisibilityByFriendly

Any idea what this does?

calculatePlayerVisibilityByFriendly true
//friendly units will/will not calculate visility of player

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, I'm guessing it will / can give a performance boost if you are in a scenario that doesn't require friendly ai to know where exactly the player is?

51 minutes ago, lexx said:

So, I'm guessing it will / can give a performance boost if you are in a scenario that doesn't require friendly ai to know where exactly the player is?

Not really since it's by default off. Instead it can decrease a little bit performance if used

4 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Not really since it's by default off. Instead it can decrease a little bit performance if used

Oh damn. :/

I assumed it was off by default to avoid issues such as drivers not seeing players and driving over them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it no longer possible to enable the debug console in a SP scenario outside of editor?

I swear this was possible until a few months ago; I just stumbled upon a bug I need to debug outside of editor mode, and all of sudden, I find out it's no longer possible to enable the debug console in such a setting??

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Is it no longer possible to enable the debug console in a SP scenario outside of editor?

I swear this was possible until a few months ago; I just stumbled upon a bug I need to debug outside of editor mode, and all of sudden, I find out it's no longer possible to enable the debug console in such a setting??

See Larrow's / R3vo's post.

So the only solution now is to use an addon. Great... mouais.gif

@haleks

Why do you need debug console in SP scenario (inside Missions). You can use debug in SP editor, etc.. There are also third party debug consoles/tools that you can download/use. You can also make your own.

• Like 1

Please, is it possible to add build-in engine command to get actual system time that works even in SP? I am using workaround with missionStart and it works reliable only in MP. Why there is no simple GetSystemDate function to retrieve host date/time? It will be extremely helpful for SP/MP persistent missions.

Well, I used to play in MP solo to access to all stuff: console, but also parameters in lobby and all workable commands/functions. It's a little bit boring to make a useless LAN network but that's worth it. Perhaps a future version could rub the differences between SP and MP session, not mentioning the difference in initialization order.

Can a Dev please help explain how the engine pixelGrid command values are calculated.

I have been trying to design a UI to help with laying out gui's based on the pixelGrid command values, which has the ability to show the designed ui at different resolutions and pixelGrid types (<< this is the important part of why I must be able to accurately calculate pixelGrid engine values). Having spent a while trying to figure out the maths for evaluating base grid values (pixelGridBase, pixelGridNoUIScale and pixelGrid) I came up with this...

Spoiler

_uiScaleFactor = getNumber( configFile >> "uiScaleFactor" );
_uiScaleMaxGrids = getNumber( configFile >> "uiScaleMaxGrids" );

getResolution params[ "", "_screenHeight", "", "", "_uiSize" ];

_pixelGridBase = _screenHeight / _uiScaleMaxGrids;
_pixelGridNoUIScale = floor(( _screenHeight / _uiScaleMaxGrids ) / _uiScaleFactor ) * _uiScaleFactor;
_pixelGrid = round((( _screenHeight / _uiScaleMaxGrids ) * _uiSize ) / _uiScaleFactor ) * _uiScaleFactor;

...but at certain resolution/ui sizes I have been noticing errors compared to the engine values.

So I went hunting and found this...

Spoiler

_pixelGridBase = _screenH / _uiScaleMaxGrids;
_pixelGridNoUIScale = (round (_pixelGridBase / _uiScaleFactor)) * _uiScaleFactor;
_pixelGrid = (round ((_pixelGridBase * _uiSize) / _uiScaleFactor)) * _uiScaleFactor;

...inside the code for RscTestGrids.

The problem is that the errors from the RscTestGrids code versus the engine values are slightly worse than even my own equations.

When reading the pixelGrid wiki page it seems to suggest that uiScaleMaxGrids should be 64...

It is also important to know that as resolution changes, the number of available grids may fluctuate:

uiScaleMaxGrids = 64; uiScaleFactor = 4;

1080p

1080 / uiScaleMaxGrids = 16.875 (pixelGrid rounds to 16) 1080 / 16 = 67.5 available grids

1440p

1440 / uiScaleMaxGrids = 22.5 (pixelGrid rounds to 24) 1440 / 24 = 60 available grids

...but this is not true and uiScaleMaxGrids is 60.

So I decided to plot out the engine vs RscTestGrid vs uiScaleMaxGrids @ 64 vs my formula, for a number of resolution heights and all the ui sizes.

Default engine values where taken by putting Arma in windowed mode and selecting the resolution and ui size from the video options, making sure to restart Arma every time I changed a setting.

This is what I ended up with. Dark green bar is actual pixelgrid type values for that specific resolution and ui size. Red values are values from either of the equations that do not match the engine value for the pixelGrid type.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c3Kf4bLm18NFXRyvjzCkaTcN5uj9msQ1NI1lDzO9UHA/edit?usp=sharing

So after much tearing out of hair over the last couple of weeks, I have come to ask a Dev if they can explain how exactly to reproduce the correct values for the different pixelGrid values. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

• Like 7

It's never been adressed, so I'm probably talking to the wind, but the AI tendancy to go prone in stealth/combat modes is a real problem...

A "allowProne" command or any alternative would do such a big difference for mission makers...

• Like 1

And AIs have tendency to exhibit their binoculars or range finders instead of primary weapons, even in close combat situation. I removed all binoculars for AIs.

• Like 2