2 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

were threat_path and pathplan ever actually working?

They did help me calm down the more compulsive ticks of helicopter pilots. As with everything in the editor, I may have been attributing it to this while actually something else did the trick. 

8 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Thought threat_path and pathplan were VBS exclusive?

I don't think those two parameters are implemented. The list on the wiki for disableAI was recently updated with all available parameters.

They popped up at some point, seemed to work. They either worked, or they have not and DEV build recently included throwing errors for unrecognized strings... I have been deceived before but at least I was very convinced that these commands were providing remedy to the problems I had at the time.

Current Main build does not give errors, DEV build does.

4 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I don't think those two parameters are implemented. The list on the wiki for disableAI was recently updated with all available parameters.

Look at that, they removed the entries! I checked a few days ago and they were still there, DEV thread showed nothing. I guess that answers my question :D

On 10/30/2017 at 3:00 AM, mad_cheese said:

They popped up at some point, seemed to work. They either worked, or they have not and DEV build recently included throwing errors for unrecognized strings... I have been deceived before but at least I was very convinced that these commands were providing remedy to the problems I had at the time.

Current Main build does not give errors, DEV build does.

Look at that, they removed the entries! I checked a few days ago and they were still there, DEV thread showed nothing. I guess that answers my question :D

only place i can find them is

https://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/disableAI

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Yep! VSB2 is not Arma3

They were listed in the Arma 3 page clearly thx  ;)  well, not any more!

I'm assuming the revive system put in with Apex is never going to get event handlers added to it?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, gossamersolid said:

I'm assuming the revive system put in with Apex is never going to get event handlers added to it?

it would be good if it had some scripted event handlers to make use of the already-implemented scripted event handler system.

what things were you thinking of?

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

it would be good if it had some scripted event handlers to make use of the already-implemented scripted event handler system.

what things were you thinking of?

status changes (begin healing, cancel/fail healing, done healing).

Basically anything to allow you to extend the functionality via our gamemodes. Maybe I need to update some variables based on whether you were revived or not?

On 3.10.2017 at 12:12 AM, h - said:

This doesn't seem to like custom Eden mission Attributes (Cfg3DEN -> class Mission -> class custommissionattribute), spews out error : Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "custommissionattribute" when trying to set value to one with set3DENMissionAttribue or set3DENMissionAttributes..

Has there been any solution for this problem? With showScriptErrors enabled it doesn't look that great now to use a custom mission attribute.

6 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Has there been any solution for this problem? With showScriptErrors enabled it doesn't look that great now to use a custom mission attribute.

Fixed in the latest dev (143722):  "Fixed: Warning messages connected to the set3DENMissionAttribute script command were not correct "
Obviously stable is stil screwed :(

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2017 at 11:27 AM, pierremgi said:

lifestate command already exists. Something more?

That doesn't look related to the revive system (well there's no note of it anyways), also it's not an event handler (which makes it pretty useless for catching changes without having a fast loop constantly running).

Tweaked: The diag_setLightNew and diag_lightNewLoad script commands were enabled for the Diagnostics executable 

Tweaked: The"hiddenSelectionsTextures" now works on magazines (only if weapon supports the magazine as proxy)

hm, `hiddenSelectionsTextures` looks particular interesting. has anybody tried any of these out already? share your feedback, if possible ;)

It seems all the menuXXX commands are just totally broken and don't work sadly. There's also weirdness with the menu control types themselves, type 46 deletes itself when losing focus (like a context menu - which is meant to be type 14).

• Like 2

Hi,

Is anyone else getting doubled up text when using sideChat ?

I think the bug started for me after yesterdays update.

For example with this code:

_message = format ["All units be advised: Artillery Support is inbound at map coordinates 000000."];
[[west,"Base"], _message] remoteExec ["sideChat", west];

I'm getting something like this:

Base. "All units be advised: Artillery Support is inbound at map coordinates"All units be advised: Artillery Support is inbound at map coordinates 000000."

I'm hoping its a know issue that will be fixed with today's update.

Cheers.

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but does anyone know if there is any kind of tutorial explaining how to use the variantsAI[] parameter in animations configs?

The Config Reference doesn't say much... I'm trying to add several idle animations to a custom moves set as variants, but I can't get my units to play them - they always play the same default custom idle anim.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to help people (rookies) with some heli landing issues.

You tell one person to do something and it works fine for another it fails, it took my feeble brain a while to work out what was going on.

There seems to be bug in  the land_wp .

It only works if the chopper is already flying it won't work if the chopper has to take off first.

I do know about using the land command and that works it's just very confusing for newbies when simple things don't work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f2k sel said:

Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to help people (rookies) with some heli landing issues.

You tell one person to do something and it works fine for another it fails, it took my feeble brain a while to work out what was going on.

It only works if the chopper is already flying it won't work if the chopper has to take off first.

I have good results when i put the landing orders in the waypointstatement of a move waypoint. so "move to [X,Y,Z]" then attempt landing. No extra loops required.

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_AIXHeliInsert.sqf#L297-L308

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed setting difficulty to not show detected mines doesn't prevent players from targetting and revealing them - causing the mine detector to stop playing the beeping sound...

That's not practical IMO, anyone knows if it's possible to work around that? I've been fiddling with it for the last 2 hours, the lack of scripting options regarding difficulty and mine interactions is driving me crazy. :/

Edit : Found a solution, although it's for a very specific scenario : I don't want players to see or be able to disarm mines. Forcing said mines to stay below ground level seems to be working : players can see them on the detector, but can't reveal them.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, f2k sel said:

I do know about using the land command and that works it's just very confusing for newbies when simple things don't work.

Yeah i was facing this a while ago with the Hummingbird + editors, certainly is a bug of some sort somewhere. Haven't tried Quicksilver's method yet, simply because i was too lazy to do it lol.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:27 PM, pierremgi said:

lifestate command already exists. Something more?

lifestate command sometimes returns incorrect results in MP if another player is far from you.

More exactly - after another player lifestate changes - on your machine lifestate continues to return the previous value for a pretty long time. 

I currently face such behaveour.

8 hours ago, winse said:

lifestate command sometimes returns incorrect results in MP if another player is far from you.

More exactly - after another player lifestate changes - on your machine lifestate continues to return the previous value for a pretty long time. 

I currently face such behaveour.

Interesting... if it occurs in Vanilla Arma! I'll give it a test.

I already found that incapacitated AIs are considered as healthy for orders (it's ridiculous that AI's leader are still ordering incapacitated units to do something...)

and this other weird problem is not solved: The usual "need more info" is not fair at all for a 2 minute test in vanilla. BI devs don't care with that.

• Like 1