AllowDamage has  behavior like reported in BIKI. For safety reason, probably. Roughly AL EG but not so evident to apply for JIP players or even players...

For example, if you uncheck the enableDamage in playable unit special state (useful against explosion on hidden not yet-playing unit), if you script into unit init field, you can't use a simple spawned: ...waitUntil {isPlayer thisUnit}; thisUnit allowDamage true;... probably because the locality of unit has changed. This incoming player seems to be invulnerable! (kill able only on a hosted server in fact).

The best way is to script the new allowDamage behavior in the initPlayerLocal.sqf... or as a poor workaround, you can spawn in init field something like:

...waitUntil {isPlayer thisUnit}; [thisUnit,true] remoteExec ["allowDamage",thisUnit];...

9 hours ago, R3vo said:

Is it just me or isn't there a getter command for allowDamage? Is there a specific reason for that?

ive been asking for this for 4 years

never even had a dev make casual comment about it

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

ive been asking for this for 4 years

never even had a dev make casual comment about it

That's a pity, it would make certain script so much easier. Well, one can just hope...

On 3/7/2017 at 1:42 PM, killzone_kid said:

No idea, somehow header file is not included properly

If I do the following:

compile preprocessFileLineNumbers'A3\Functions_F\Debug\Utilities\utility_moonPhases.sqf'

the output looks like this:

{
#line 1 "A3\Functions_F\Debug\Utilities\utility_moonPhases.sqf" 
#line 1 "A3\Functions_F\Debug\Utilities\lib\header.sqf"
disableSerialization;

Not sure if the way the header.sqf is preprocessed is correct. I expected that

#line 1 "A3\Functions_F\Debug\Utilities\lib\header.sqf"

is replaced with the actual code inside the header.sqf

7 minutes ago, R3vo said:

#line

This is special directive, an anchor to tell where from to calculate line number in case of error. Everything is included fine for me, both header and the body

9 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

This is special directive, an anchor to tell where from to calculate line number in case of error. Everything is included fine for me, both header and the body

Ah yes, I read the article you added on the wiki recently. So I guess the header.sqf is included. My fault =/

Still doesn't explain why it isn't when execed from the Eden interface, though.

1 minute ago, R3vo said:

Still doesn't explain why it isn't when execed from the Eden interface, though.

No idea, if you make a ticket with repro, someone might have a look. For me execVM or spawn compile preprocessFile/FileLinenumbers all work, havent tried from Eden menu though.

26 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

No idea, if you make a ticket with repro, someone might have a look. For me execVM or spawn compile preprocessFile/FileLinenumbers all work, havent tried from Eden menu though.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123706

7 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Have you tried remoteExec it? 

"A3\Functions_F\Debug\Utilities\utility_jukebox.sqf" remoteExec ["execVM", clientOwner];

Same result =/

7 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Fixed, should come in the next update

Awesome, thank you. Out of curiosity, what was it?

6 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Awesome, thank you. Out of curiosity, what was it?

Missing display

39 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isDamageAllowed

holy shit you guys are fast ;)

thanks to whoever on the team helped deliver this

Just awesome, much appreciated. Thanks alot!

Edit: @killzone_kid

Thanks for fixing the issue with Eden and the Arma 3 Utilities, it's working splendidly now.

The type filter of nearestObjects and probably similar commands is broken for simple objects.

_type = "Building"; 
_pos = [1000, 1000, 0]; 

_obj = createSimpleObject [_type, AGLToASL _pos]; 

systemChat str nearestObjects [_pos, [_type], 1];                         // []
systemChat str nearestObjects [_pos, [], 1];                              // [7: empty.p3d]
systemChat str(nearestObjects [_pos, [], 1] select {typeOf _x == _type}); // [7: empty.p3d]

Still reports the simple objects if the type filter is empty. The work-around is using select with typeOf, which for whatever reason still works.

A small suggestion for setHit and setHitIndex
The Eventhandlers (like handleDamage) already deliver (damage _unit) for index -1 or selection ""
Why not add this behavior vise versa?

So that _unit setHitIndex [-1,value] increases (damage _unit) value but doesnt change the other hitpoints

(same for setHit ["", value] maybe)

3 hours ago, creep said:

A small suggestion for setHit and setHitIndex
The Eventhandlers (like handleDamage) already deliver (damage _unit) for index -1 or selection ""
Why not add this behavior vise versa?

So that _unit setHitIndex [-1,value] increases (damage _unit) value but doesnt change the other hitpoints

(same for setHit ["", value] maybe)

Because setHit is local command and setDamage is global

The argument for setHit sure is local, the effects tho are global, so I dont see a problem with that

if the argument isnt local it will behave like setHit already

2 hours ago, creep said:

The argument for setHit sure is local, the effects tho are global, so I dont see a problem with that

if the argument isnt local it will behave like setHit already

It is not that simple, the damage system is already quite complicated by itself and adding locality issues on top will only make it more complicated.

nvm, got an error that was my own fault.

Edited by x3kj

How feasible would it be to add a low-level "Set Input Action" scripting command to manipulate AI/player raw actions/output, essentially the opposite of getting the User Action and instead Setting the user action. E.g. _plane SetInputAction Pitch [1 to -1]. This would open up a Huge number of possibilities for the community! If scripters could manipulate directly how AI vehicles (in particular) behave through their fundamental output the community would be virtually limited only by their imagination. Complex aerobatic maneuvers could be written for AI vehicles to undertake like rolls, realistic attack runs, smooth banking turns proportional to distance, threat level etc. the list goes on. Planes could be made to fly efficiently and intelligently through waypoints in placement of the often squirely and unpredictable AI waypoint following.

I made a ticket for this two years ago but got nothing back whatsoever. I really think this would be a great tool for the community, and from my mind doesn't seem like it'd be too unreasonable to consider implementing if not at least trialing? 

Would it be possible to improve this command https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVehicleTIPars

by seperating Body & Engine? Don't see a reason why both parts would be connected.

Additionally it would be great if more vehicle parts would be supported, e.g, secondary gun etc.

Thermal simulation only has these three properties and TI textures only three channels, so this is not going to happen without some deeper changes, R3vo.

If you fire the commanders machine gun on a tank for example, the main gun will heat up and it has been like this since this was implemented. You'd have to overhaul every model and probably add a system that uses selections like the damage material system.

• Like 1