Would be extremely useful.

Yeah, would be nice to be able to use polygons to define zones in gamemodes rather than getting stuck with rectangles or ellipses.

• Tweaked: The addAction command’s functionality was extended (WIP)

Any details on this? Maybe something like the addAction that was available in TKOH?

• Like 1

Any details on this? Maybe something like the addAction that was available in TKOH?

I think its for the 3D world displays coming.

Basically like a drawicon3d where you can walk up and click on it

At the very least it would be great to get an extra parameter for addAction that will adjust the default radius (15 I believe). Having to add a distance check to the condition of every addAction is a little tedious imo. As I mentioned TKOH had this parameter, so it just needs dusting off and implementing into ArmA 3 :)

• Like 2

Is it possible to see negative integer select in arrays similar to python?

for example:

_array = [1,2,3,4,5,6];

_num = _array select -1;

//num is equal to 6

And another feature I'd like to suggest/request is the addition of custom event handlers, with syntax similar to addEventHandler for adding one, and a command to trigger events with a syntax such as this:

object triggerCustomEvent [eventName, arguments];

Edit:

Noticed another thing, The newly introduced trails are presenting a couple of issues;

nearestTerrainObjects documentation claims you can filter for roads/trails/tracks but it doesn't actually pick up anything (I'm assuming it's due to the introduction of shape files for road networks in A3, could this be fixed?).

nearRoads doesn't allow for any filtering at all and returns every type of road.

_array = [1,2,3,4,5,6]; 
_num = _array select ((count _array) - 1);

This works, not sure how speedy it'd be compared to an engine command though.

Yeah I know about the current method, I was just thinking it'd be nice to have as a simplification and perhaps a small performance gain.

Was local version of createSimpleObject command suggested before? If not, I'd love to have local version of it to cut down on traffic for pretty much always static objects and optimize local client performance so I can create and destroy local object on fly.

• Like 1

At the very least it would be great to get an extra parameter for addAction that will adjust the default radius (15 I believe). Having to add a distance check to the condition of every addAction is a little tedious imo. As I mentioned TKOH had this parameter, so it just needs dusting off and implementing into ArmA 3 :)

we hear you bro

• Like 1

Any update on the new/overhauled inventory commands? If I remember correctly I read something about that a few month ago.

Would it be possible to get the BIS_fnc_ambientPlanes and BIS_fnc_ambientHelicopters to work, as they are still in the ARMA 3 functions in editor. These would be more beneficial than the BIS_fnc_ambientFlyby for altis, tanoa, and player maps with multiple airports for immersion.

Thanks,

Reed

The header of BIS_fnc_camera says "Splendig Config Viewer". Didn't know the camera was capable to do that. The parameters are also incorrect.

• Like 1

Epic!

NOTE: condition is evaluated on each frame in non-scheduled environment. If action is added to some object and not to playercondition will only get evaluated IF player is closer than 15m to the object AND is looking at the object. If action is added to player, the condition is evaluated all the time.

May I ask - how is "player is looking at the object" determined? cursorTarget or something with eyePos?

Would it be possible to implement a param to toggle whether to use cursortarget or eyepos in this case?

The radius parameter saves some resources and for the changes around the life states, some documentation will arrive soon but it's still work in progress.

• Like 2

I'm a little underwhelmed. Its nice that those two checks are handled internally but its nothing we couldn't do before with the condition code

Great feedback, thank you for making pushing improvements to the script commands even more of a challenge.

• Like 4

Would have been useful to get the TKOH extensions (positionInModel, radiusView, showIn3D, available, textDefault, textToolTip).

These in combination with the unitInfoTypeLite, which seems to have been removed recently.., would allow modding of more advanced vehicle interfaces and unit/vehicle interaction.

Related to that a way/difficulty option/extension of weaponCursor to finally hide cursor of vehicles as well would have been nice.

• Like 1

Great feedback, thank you for making pushing improvements to the script commands even more of a challenge.

I didn't mean it that way :) Really along the lines of what kju is saying.

your work on improving the scripting language is much apprecated, as is the work of our men on the inside in the implementation. hopefully there is more enhancements to addAction going forward, its one of the most used commands in MP community content so any improvements are great bang for buck

This command (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnconscious) was supposedly reworked recently with the whole respawn system reworking.

I can't manage to get a player out of unconcious state using _objRef setUnconcious false. The player will still stay knocked out. Anybody else having this issue? I'm on the apex preview for reference.

setUnconscious won't work until 1.64 as far as I can tell. Tanoa is 1.62. It's still WIP.

Might be wrong, but thats what I've heard.

I'm on the apex preview for reference.

I believe the new revive system is only in the current Dev Branch as of 1.63.137060 not the Apex RC branch.  While both branches have many similar updates from yesterday, the RC branch is missing the "Tweaked: The Revive feature was overhauled" text.  Also the feedback thread only mentions dev branch.