Any chance we can get some documentation for CT_MENU and CT_MENU_STRIP controls as well as their associated commands and events?

Request:

EventHandler for bringing sights up (and down).

It could be simple and return true/false or maybe more complex and give more information.

Would be really useful for some scripts and mods imo.

• Like 5

Speaking of eventhandlers, would be nice if we'd have onShow for controls/displays, you know, basically onLoad but would always trigger when control is shown (ctrlShow true) :shrug:

• Like 1

isn't there something like onDraw for maps for example? basically like a onEachFrame handler i think. might be limited to map controls though. but maybe that makes it easier to port it to other stuff?

any chance the ray cast commands (intersect etc) could be changed so the ignoreObj parameter is an array so more than one object can be ignored as an option. would be really great.

Hi,

I think the "position accuracy" (_this select 6) on script command targetKnowledge is broken.  

It records a level, but then if you run off and hide, it stays at the same level, whereas using nearTargets updates properly as it should,

It used to update properly, but it's been broke for a while.

For a repro:

1 - Download mission

2 - Make sure enemy dude sees you then run around the corner and wait.

3 - Compare the hint (targetKnowledge) vs systemchat feed of neartargets.  All of the other values correspond properly, but position accuracy does not.

Thx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101800212/targetKnowledge.Stratis.7z

As I posted this late last night in the wrong place while full of beer... here goes again. :)

Could the eventhandlers for GetIn and GetInMan be updated so that they can return the expected data when the unit gets into the commander seat? Currently, 'gunner' is returned when getting into the commander seat.

BIS_fnc_Arsenal could need some updates in the future. It's using some functions which were replaced by engine commands, like bis fnc params, bis fnc distance2D etc.

Kind Request:

Documentation on modparams, maxping, maxDesync?

maxping, maxdesync, maxpacketloss, disconnectTimeout aren't scripting commands ...

and those're still heavy work in progress so no documentation as it's subject to change

maxping, maxdesync, maxpacketloss, disconnectTimeout aren't scripting commands ...

and those're still heavy work in progress so no documentation as it's subject to change

while these sort of configs are on the table, how about a (SE) command to query a clients latency :)

Can anyone explain we why:

2 call BIS_fnc_sideType;

returns GUER instead of Independent?

GUER is not mentioned once in the function (SIDES_ENUM)

Function:

/*
    Author:
        Karel Moricky, optimised by Killzone_Kid

Description:
        Returns side type based on side ID

Parameter(s):
        0: NUMBER

Returns:
        SIDE
*/

/// --- engine constants
#define SIDES_ENUM [east, west, independent, civilian, sideUnknown, sideEnemy, sideFriendly, sideLogic, sideEmpty, sideAmbientLife]

private _sideID = param [0, 4];

/// --- validate input
#include "..\paramsCheck.inc"
paramsCheck(_sideID,isEqualType,0)

SIDES_ENUM param [_sideID, sideUnknown]

GUER is the string version independent/resistance (which are just aliases of one another)

• Like 1

GUER is the debug name for independent/resistance side, was like this for very long time. str independent == str resistance == "GUER"

what's all this ownedMine scripting commands going in?

Is this to fix the 'respawn disconnects me from my mines' issue?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addOwnedMine

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllOwnedMines

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeOwnedMine

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getAllOwnedMines

will be handy in any case

also +1 for BIS_fnc_arsenal being optimized. Its highly used so would be good bang for buck.

GUER is the debug name for independent/resistance side, was like this for very long time. str independent == str resistance == "GUER"

Thanks for the info.

On another note: Is the optimisation of functions still an on-going process? I found serveral functions which could be improved by replacing function calls by engine commands or similar, but I am not sure if it's worth posting this stuff here.

what's all this ownedMine scripting commands going in?

Those command look very promising, especially because we haven't seen any changes to how mines work for the last 2 years, maybe even longer.

Any chance to get some infos about the new commands:

pixelGridNoIGUIScale

pixelGridBase

pixelH

pixelW

pixelGrid

We now have tons of commands for GUI scaling but I personally have no clue where which command should be used. Some practical examples would be nice.

• Like 1

Were there actually any fixes to findEmptyPosition?
I opened a bug on the feedback tracker back in the alpha, and it was in fact broken since Arma 2. It simply sometimes picks a position inside a rock or a building (often a non-enter-able portion of it), resulting in units being setPos to that position getting stuck inside.

Were there actually any fixes to findEmptyPosition?

I opened a bug on the feedback tracker back in the alpha, and it was in fact broken since Arma 2. It simply sometimes picks a position inside a rock or a building (often a non-enter-able portion of it), resulting in units being setPos to that position getting stuck inside.

Probably not, but there might have been changes to the methods it is using or objects themselves

pixelGridNoIGUIScale

pixelGridBase

pixelH

pixelW

pixelGrid

We now have tons of commands for GUI scaling but I personally have no clue where which command should be used. Some practical examples would be nice.

Seconded.

Perhaps the biki should be updated to at least the current game version on the dialog/GUI parts where maybe a bit more in depth explanation about the logic behind those commands could be revealed?

And indeed a very practical 'explain-it-like-to-a-newborn' examples with screenshots that explain how the dialog stuff works would be grand...

• Like 1

pixelGridNoIGUIScale

pixelGridBase

pixelH

pixelW

pixelGrid

We're still working/experimenting on them, once the system will be deemed done and ready, it will be documented on the community wiki :292:

Ps: I will however document the two new scripting commands I've added.

• Like 4

any possibility of getting some drawing commands or extra arguments to compliment drawPolygon in the areas of filling in the polygon with brushes and colours? It's amazing that we can now define custom shapes to be drawn, now we just need to finishing touches to bring it in line with the old marker shapes.

• Like 1

any possibility of getting some drawing commands or extra arguments to compliment drawPolygon in the areas of filling in the polygon with brushes and colours? It's amazing that we can now define custom shapes to be drawn, now we just need to finishing touches to bring it in line with the old marker shapes.

Would be extremely useful.

• Like 1