Hi mate,

This is just a guess but is it a class defined somewhere else (description.ext/modfile etc)?

So you make your subMenu like:

class mySubMenu
{
   // stuff
};

Then you put it in the string:

submenu = "mySubMenu";

Just a wild stab in the dark though...

I got a little further but not much, I tried what you suggested but I just get something like cannot find config entry.

I did find something else but it still doesn't go far enough.

class CfgCommunicationMenu {

class myclass {

text = "My Tools"; // Text displayed in the menu and in a notification

submenu = "#USER:myclass"; // Submenu opened upon activation (expression is ignored when submenu is not empty.)

expression = true; // Code executed upon activation

icon = ""; // Icon displayed permanently next to the command menu

cursor = ""; // Custom cursor displayed when the item is selected

enable = "1"; // Simple expression condition for enabling the item

removeAfterExpressionCall = 0; // 1 to remove the item after calling

};

};

I believe it opens a blank sub menu, I just can't see how to populate it with new options.

findCover, getHideFrom, setHideBehind. Are there plans to fix those commands or have they been removed on purpose?

addItemToVest is either broken or I'm somehow misunderstand the usage of it.

I've added a vest to my player object, I then try to add items to the vest via _playerObj addItemToVest "30Rnd_65x59_caseless_mag"

I get this error:

Inventory item with given name: [30Rnd_65x59_caseless_mag] not found

Not sure why as that's a valid magazine classname. The BIKI page says weapons and magazines should work with that command.

Inventory item with given name: [30Rnd_65x59_caseless_mag] not found

30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag

Could somebody at BIS get knowledgable devs to take a real look at scripting-related feature requests on the tracker? Half of the requests gets marked as reviewed and die off forever, and the other half doesn't even get updated, with little to nothing being resolved/implemented at all (maybe 1% of everything). Even the simplest ones that would only require a dozen lines of code in the engine.

You guys actively promote modding, and even make a huge contest to further increase it, yet it feels like nearly nobody cares about giving content creators the little things they ask for.

We need you, BIS! Where are you?

I'm getting a lot of this in the .rpt recently. As far as I can tell the classnames are valid so I'm not really sure what it's referring to. Thought I'd post this here rather than the tracker as it is most likely something I'm doing so I don't want to bother the devs with it right now.

I've tried googling the message but no hits.

Inventory item with given name: [H_Booniehat_ocamo] not found
Inventory item with given name: [itemRadio] not found
Inventory item with given name: [H_Booniehat_ocamo] not found
Inventory item with given name: [H_ShemagOpen_olive] not found
Inventory item with given name: [H_ShemagOpen_olive] not found

Have BIS updated the actionkeys list?

In A2/OA I could use "Prone","Crouch" ect to obtain the mapped button number using

hint str (actionKeys "Crouch");

now it returns []

Some of the actionkeys are still working but not the ones I want.

still working

hint str (actionKeys "ReloadMagazine");

Returns [19];

Is it a bug?

Is there a new list any where?

Cheers Sel.

there is also toggleCrouch etc

Have BIS updated the actionkeys list?

In A2/OA I could use "Prone","Crouch" ect to obtain the mapped button number using

hint str (actionKeys "Crouch");

now it returns []

Actions "Prone", "Crouch" and "Stand" are undefined by default, you can check that and define them in the Controls. You are probably looking for actions "MoveDown" and "MoveUp", these are now used for changing of stances by default.

;2693714']there is also toggleCrouch etc

Not quite the one I was after.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Actions "Prone"' date=' "Crouch" and "Stand" are undefined by default, you can check that and define them in the Controls. You are probably looking for actions "MoveDown" and "MoveUp", these are now used for changing of stances by default.[/quote']

Yes it was "moveup" = crouch I wouldn't have thought about that.

Chhers Sel.

• Script command weaponsItems now works also for ammoCrates

Seems nice!! Does it work for groundweaponholders? Does this mean we can get the ammo count of a weapon on the ground without giving it to a dummy unit?

• Fixed: addUniform commands do not check uniform allowance
  • Added: New script command isUniformAllowed
  • Added: New script command forceAddUniform

I expect some people may need to adjust their mission scripts.

Fixed: addUniform commands do not check uniform allowance

Added: New script command isUniformAllowed

Added: New script command forceAddUniform

Great fixes and additions here.

I've added documentation to the wiki and updated pages where needed.

addUniform

forceAddUniform

isUniformAllowed

I expect some people may need to adjust their mission scripts.

It's been common knowledge that uniforms given to wrong sides make the target player appear in underwear, if people haven't taken that into account after so long then I don't know what to say, lol

I think that a question of interest is, why are uniforms restricted in the first place? It'd be great to be able to steal uniforms to blend in with the enemy.

I think that a question of interest is, why are uniforms restricted in the first place? It'd be great to be able to steal uniforms to blend in with the enemy.

it would be great to have a description.ext option: restrictUniforms=0 or something.

It's been common knowledge that uniforms given to wrong sides make the target player appear in underwear, if people haven't taken that into account after so long then I don't know what to say, lol

I thought it was something about the AI. I swear there was something mentioned about it. Probably how you could steal uniforms and the AI would still shoot you as they knew you were enemy. All I remember is that back in their old videos way before Alpha, they definitely could do it.

Can anyone confirm that unassignCurator is not working?

I used the syntax below and it has no effect.

{unassignCurator _x;} forEach allCurators;

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

So uhh... Anyone else notice that the following command do not exist in 1.20 like they're suppose too?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isUniformAllowed

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/forceAddUniform

Here's an issue tracker entry for the matter, vote it up if it affects you :)

It has come to our attention that scripters need to use complicated expressions for basic operations on 3D vectors, so we've decided to expose some basic arithmetic operations on them to modders.

These will be available on DEV branch as of 124787 (probably next Monday):

vector: Array of 3 numbers ( hardcoded to 3D vectors, I suppose people don't need a whole MATLAB simulator in Arma ).

vectorAdd [ vector1, vector2] : vector1 + vector2

vectorSub [ vector1, vector2 ] : vector1 - vector2

vectorCrossProduct [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://mathworld.wolfram.com/CrossProduct.html

vectorDotProduct [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DotProduct.html

vectorCos [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/CosineDistance.html

vectorSize vector : Size of a vector

vectorSizeSqr vector : Squared size of a vector ( a tiny little bit better for performance )

vectorMult [ vector, scalar ] : vector*scalar

vectorDistance [ vector1, vector2 ] : euclidean distance between two vectors

vectorDistanceSqr [ vector1, vector2 ] : squared eluciledan distance between two vectors

Documentation by the awesome DarkDruid will be available soon on the community wiki.

Edited by DnA

It has come to our attention that scripters need to use complicated expressions for basic operations on 3D vectors, so we've decided to expose some basic arithmetic operations on them to modders.

vector: Array of 3 numbers ( hardcoded to 3D vectors, I suppose people don't need a whole MATLAB simulator in Arma ).

crossProduct [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://mathworld.wolfram.com/CrossProduct.html

dotProduct [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DotProduct.html

vectorCos [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/CosineDistance.html

vectorSizeSqr vector : Squared size of a vector ( a tiny little bit better for performance )

vectorDistanceSqr [ vector1, vector2 ] : squared eluciledan distance between two vectors

Documentation by the awesome DarkDruid will be available soon on the community wiki.

Awesome! Will the functions currently present in the game for some these things be adapted to be aliases of these commands or will they stay as they are?

crossProduct [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://mathworld.wolfram.com/CrossProduct.html

dotProduct [ vector1, vector2 ] : http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DotProduct.html

Awesome news, I can't describe how awesome these awesome commands are awesome.

@kolji: I also often need to rotate the Oxyz basis to align one of the z axis along a vector.

This is quite useful in order to make sub-munitions scripts: say _v0 is the speed of the initial projectile, then you need to rotate the basis so that you can make a uniform distribution of the sub-munitions easily.

If _v is the speed of a sub-projectile in this Basis where the z axis is aligned to _v0, then it is nice to have a function doing the tedious matrix computations to go back to Oxyz:

//Function transforming the coordinates of a vector _v in a basis with the axis Oz' oriented along a vector _v0 (B') to the game Oxyz Basis (B).

private["_v","_v0","_vx","_vy","_vy","_vz","_v0x","_v0y","_v0z","_thetaz","_thetay","_cz","_sz","_cy","_sy","_vprimex","_vprimey","_vprimez"];
_v = _this select 0;
_v0 = _this select 1;

_vx = _v select 0;
_vy = _v select 1;
_vz = _v select 2;

_v0x = _v0 select 0;
_v0y = _v0 select 1;
_v0z = _v0 select 2;

//angles of the rotations along the B z axis (_thetaz) and the y' axis (_thetay). The last one corresponds to the y axis in the basis after the _thetaz rotation.

_thetaz = if(_v0y<0) then {180+atan (_v0y/_v0x)} else {atan (_v0y/_v0x)};

_thetay = if(_v0z<0) then{180+atan (Sqrt(_v0x^2+_v0y^2)/_v0z)} else {atan (Sqrt(_v0x^2+_v0y^2)/_v0z)};

_cz = Cos _thetaz,
_sz = Sin _thetaz;
_cy = Cos _thetay,
_sy = Sin _thetay;

_vprimex = (_cy*_cz^2 + _sz^2) *_vx + (-_cz *_sz + _cy *_cz *_sz)* _vy + _cz *_sy *_vz;
_vprimey = (-_cz* _sz + _cy *_cz* _sz)* _vx + (_cz^2 + _cy* _sz^2)* _vy + _sy *_sz* _vz;
_vprimez = -_cz* _sy *_vx - _sy* _sz *_vy + _cy *_vz;

[_vprimex ,_vprimey,_vprimez]

Example of use: http://i.imgur.com/jcdyAcG.gif

Moaaar Maths functions please ;).

PS: Also, I know it's not at all a priority, but do you think that it is possible to have the setWaterLevel command in the future?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16156

I badly need this!

Edited by super-truite
Added function example

For the size/distance ones are you using non-accelerated square root function that returns accurately (verses whatever is used in the distance function)?