:j:I forgot "nul =", sorry for the that.

Could we get a command that returns all selection of the given object?

Something like:

_selections = getSelections _object;

EventHandlers like Dammaged, HandleDamage and HitPart allready return the damaged selection but it is not usable to get all the selections of a model.

best regards

Lappihuan

Hello there, our custom modules built for ALiVE utilising the BIS module framework have been doing weird things on dedicated server only. Previous to the last patch they were happily initing before the briefing screen, and now they do not. I saw this in the last changelog:

Fixed: Module framework no longer waits for execution of modules outside of the framework

Fixed: Modules were not executed in the right order upon mission start

Can a developer possibly explain the expected results of those changes?

This is a serious issue for us as the modules are being pushed out when simulation has started making things tremendously slow. Have these changes been correctly implemented on dedicated binary, because when running local or in editor, the module start up functionPriority is working fine, but as soon as it's tried on a dedi it does not work.

You're running Linux dedicated server?

no, regular arma3server.exe as a local dedicated

I had a poke around in fn_preload, and some of the module initialisation methods in the framework today, as far as I could tell bis_fnc_preload_init was being set on the player without waiting for the server side bis_fnc_preload_init to be set.

We have some global modules which are much quicker to init on the public side, because the server side is doing the heavy lifting. So the player side modules will all have inited, and bis_fnc_preload_init will be set, which I am guessing sets the loadingscreen to switch off on the client and proceed to briefing. The server side of the modules continues to init in briefing and then out into the game, at which point bis_fnc_preload_init gets set again.

Me again!

Well whatever changes BIS have made to object ID's in the last dev branch update have caused nearestObject function to completely fail:

In debug console, with a object id I am standing next to

(getPos player) nearestobject 251753206;

result in RPT

Performance warning: Very large search for 3938095 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 3938095 was very large (30750 m)

locks the game up and never finds the object.

Heres a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/cD14C7w.jpg

in this case on screenshot the error even is...

Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for -522349 was very large (8224 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for -522349 (>320 m)

-522349 ?

Me again!

Well whatever changes BIS have made to object ID's in the last dev branch update have caused nearestObject function to completely fail:

In debug console, with a object id I am standing next to

(getPos player) nearestobject 251753206;

result in RPT

Performance warning: Very large search for 3938095 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 3938095 was very large (30750 m)

locks the game up and never finds the object.

Heres a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/cD14C7w.jpg

Got exactly the same problems here - weird negative numbers and so on.

Good show - will vote up when I get home (no access to FT from this PC).

I spent the entire evening trying to get nearestObject (objectID) to work last night. It was okay with something like:

for "_i" from 0 to 500 do
{
   _ob = [0,0,0] nearestObject _i;
};

But as soon as the numbers are high enough (83902000 for example), it just freaks out.

There is some hinky going on, for example on Stratis object ID 51116 has now changed into 67140282..

very likely its something simple like an index table that was not updated.

Ok, first of all, hi all, i need help with adding some kinde of script or trigger. The thing is i was trying to make generator on of switch and it works but how can i attach my custom sound on the generator. For example like in cars start has difrent sound from stop. So i was thinking to make 3 custom sound. One for cranking one for running and one for turning off. But hot can i add it so sound is activated when i interact on the genereator and i press on, or off it shuld be difrent sounds?

Ok, first of all, hi all, i need help with adding some kinde of script or trigger. The thing is i was trying to make generator on of switch and it works but how can i attach my custom sound on the generator. For example like in cars start has difrent sound from stop. So i was thinking to make 3 custom sound. One for cranking one for running and one for turning off. But hot can i add it so sound is activated when i interact on the genereator and i press on, or off it shuld be difrent sounds?

You're in the wrong section, try making a new thread there: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?162-ARMA-3-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTING

has the syntax for nearEntities changed in the last month or so?

specifically, I can't get it to accept a string or array of strings as the type filter - it is expecting an object instead? (not sure if it still works on stable)

It works fine for me in current dev build. If you are still observing this issue, could you please create a ticket on Feedback Tracker and attach there a repro mission? Thanks

darkdruid: please disregard, it appears that it was my error. Thanks for checking it out for me :)

Is there is a reason why the 3 lines at the end of A3\ui_f\scripts\initDisplay.sqf are outcommented?

It would be quite nice to be able to use scripted EHs on the different displays.

Hi, i'm working on a (little) interface with the GUI.

I've a button but I don't know how to execute 2 actions with this button : close the interface (closeDialog 0;), and execute a script (VAS\open.sqf).

Here is the dialog.hpp and ressources.hpp : http://pastebin.com/8F8R7kXp

The problem is at ligne 91, so if anybody can explain me how to do...

Hi, i'm working on a (little) interface with the GUI.

I've a button but I don't know how to execute 2 actions with this button : close the interface (closeDialog 0;), and execute a script (VAS\open.sqf).

Here is the dialog.hpp and ressources.hpp : http://pastebin.com/8F8R7kXp

The problem is at ligne 91, so if anybody can explain me how to do...

ok the code you have pasted on line 91 is missing " symbol to separate the action code

example

class FA18_RETURN_TO_MAIN_BUTTON_1608: FA18_RscButtonMenu

{

idc = 1608;

x = 0.787409 * safezoneW + safezoneX;

y = 0.110712 * safezoneH + safezoneY;

w = 0.0918668 * safezoneW;

h = 0.0280066 * safezoneH;

text = "";

size = 0.023;

tooltip = "Return to main menu";

action = "[]Spawn JS_JC_fnc_FA18_E_RETURN_MAIN";

};

class FA18_CLOSE_DIALOG_BUTTON_1609: FA18_RscButtonMenu

{

idc = 1609;

x = 0.877963 * safezoneW + safezoneX;

y = 0.110712 * safezoneH + safezoneY;

w = 0.094491 * safezoneW;

h = 0.0255 * safezoneH;

text = "";

size = 0.023;

tooltip = "Close this menu";

action = "closeDialog 0";

};

There is no problem with "player execVM "VAS\open.sqf";" (I mean the game will understand "player execVM " and then ";" ?)

There is no problem with "player execVM "VAS\open.sqf";" (I mean the game will understand "player execVM " and then ";" ?)

try this, and BTW there is a separate tread by Iceman77 on GUI and it's functions mate

action = "player execVM "\VAS\open.sqf"";
Edited by John_Spartan

Ok, with

action = "player execVM "VAS\open.sqf"";

the game crash : line 87: '/SampleDialog/controls/VASControl.VAS':'\' encountered instead of '='

Maybe with buttonaction, or buttonsetaction ?

-EDIT-

i'm finnaly unsing a function, problem resolved.

Edited by Guest

Is there is a reason why the 3 lines at the end of A3\ui_f\scripts\initDisplay.sqf are outcommented?

It would be quite nice to be able to use scripted EHs on the different displays.

Because multiplayer script kiddies.