removeuniform being global meaning if someone jips they usually will make everyone lose their uniform

wait. isn't that more of a problem with the code? like executing something like "RemoveUniform player" in the wrong places? i mean RemoveUniform should require a unit a input to work. or is it really that broken that it will just remove uniforms on everyone? that would be crazy.

i had a thought earlier and also posted it but somehow some of my posts got lost. so here it goes again. i was wondering if it was possible to add event handlers to ammo objects. i tested to addeventhandler bullets before and it didn't seem to work. probably due to them being under CfgAmmo rather than CfgVehicles. i just thought it would work due to being able to "createvehicle" them. so would it be possible to add event handlers to CfgAmmo? it would be quite something to play with.

please tell me if i just missed something and it's already possible. just wanted to see what people thought about this.

so would it be possible to add event handlers to CfgAmmo? it would be quite something to play with.

This would be vey nice, been dreaming of this since OFP..

How the hell is this still an issue... these things were pointed out seriously in the first alphas when we all got used to the new clothing system.

Come on BIS...

Don't you realise they are busy working on steering wheels? That amazing feature that we are all really looking forward too... ahem.

I found a problem with inventory handling via script.

If you enter this on the console, all Chemlight_blue are removed from the players inventory:

player removeMagazines "Chemlight_blue";

So the big question is, how many blue chemlights does the player have after exeuting this code:

player removeMagazines "Chemlight_blue"; player addMagazines ["Chemlight_blue", 3]

The answer should be 3, but it is 4.

To make matters worse:

player removeMagazines "Chemlight_blue"; player addMagazines ["Chemlight_green", 3]

The player ends up with 3 green chemlights.

Ticket made

in the latest dev branch i get an error relating to 'private'

never had this error before. pretty sure i idnt chnage anything regarding private as well.

it is quite vague

Error in expression <private>
 Error position: <>
 Error Invalid number in expression

Not sure if this has been found or discussed before. It appears that BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler and BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler when using "onMapSingleClick" will remove your ability to set a personal way point on the map.

Steps to reproduce:

Load an empty mission in mission editor and place a soldier unit

Note that you can set a personal way point with shift click

Press escape and Local exec this: "["Blah", "onMapSingleClick", "hint str time"] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;"

Note that you can no longer set a personal way point

Press excape and Local exec this: "["Blah", "onMapSingleClick"] call BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;"

Note that you can no longer set a personal way point. (it does remove the event correctly)

Is anyone else getting this? I'm getting this on the stable branch at the moment. Could anyone with dev branch downloaded or someone with a faster internet connection than me verify if this is still a bug?

Would it be possible to make createDisplay use resources defined in description.ext? Don't understand why we can't do this already, createDialog works fine but obviously has its limits...

I did a quick search and tried some of the scripting commands and new functions for the Curator but I can't seem to find a way to add a specific object to the Zeus spawn list. I understand how to add the addons listed in CfgPatches, but some of these lists contain things I do not wish to add. So, does anyone know a way to add(or remove) a specific object to(from) the Zeus list?

I'd just like to raise awareness of this ticket, which advocates adding scripting commands to get the currently equipped items in the night vision and binocular slots, so we can have a complete set of built-in commands to query each inventory slot with ease and without the need to loop over every equipped item. Seems like a logical and trivial thing to add. :)

Such speed. :D Thanks DarkDruid!

Here's another thing that can be improved by you guys, after analyzing the image carefully, click it for the ticket.

HygUdJo.jpg

in the latest dev branch i get an error relating to 'private'

never had this error before. pretty sure i idnt chnage anything regarding private as well.

it is quite vague

If you are still able to reproduce this issue, then please create a ticket on Feedback Tracker. Repro mission/script would be very helpful. Thanks!

Not sure if this has been found or discussed before. It appears that BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler and BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler when using "onMapSingleClick" will remove your ability to set a personal way point on the map.

Steps to reproduce:

Load an empty mission in mission editor and place a soldier unit

Note that you can set a personal way point with shift click

Press escape and Local exec this: "["Blah", "onMapSingleClick", "hint str time"] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;"

Note that you can no longer set a personal way point

Press excape and Local exec this: "["Blah", "onMapSingleClick"] call BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;"

Note that you can no longer set a personal way point. (it does remove the event correctly)

Is anyone else getting this? I'm getting this on the stable branch at the moment. Could anyone with dev branch downloaded or someone with a faster internet connection than me verify if this is still a bug?

If you are still able to reproduce this issue, then please create a ticket on Feedback Tracker. Thanks!

Would it be possible to make createDisplay use resources defined in description.ext? Don't understand why we can't do this already, createDialog works fine but obviously has its limits...

I have reassigned your ticket (FT: Modify createDisplay to read configs from missionConfigFile) to the right person. He is working currently on something else, so I am not sure when he will be able to look at it.

I did a quick search and tried some of the scripting commands and new functions for the Curator but I can't seem to find a way to add a specific object to the Zeus spawn list. I understand how to add the addons listed in CfgPatches, but some of these lists contain things I do not wish to add. So, does anyone know a way to add(or remove) a specific object to(from) the Zeus list?

I guess new Zeus documentation could help with this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator

In case you won't be able to solve this with documentation, please use part of forums dedicated directly to Zeus mode. Thanks

Such speed. :D Thanks DarkDruid!

Here's another thing that can be improved by you guys, after analyzing the image carefully, click it for the ticket.

http://i.imgur.com/HygUdJo.jpg

You are welcome! :)

The custom input action issue is more complicated. I will look at it and ask our programmers about it, but I am afraid it won't be so quick this time.

You are welcome! :)

The custom input action issue is more complicated. I will look at it and ask our programmers about it, but I am afraid it won't be so quick this time.

Yep, I'm aware that this is much different and involved than adding a few commands and might not even be something you specifically would handle. The feature request itself is a benefit across the board for the users and those who make mods. :)

I appreciate your initiative to take a look and involve others anyway. ;)

If you are still able to reproduce this issue, then please create a ticket on Feedback Tracker. Repro mission/script would be very helpful. Thanks!

sure would, but i solved it by playong pure vanilla arma3. the error lies in a user addon.

Edited by twisted
it was not vas as the problem. its a user addon.

It'll search from the current folder, you can't go up in the hierarchy

Hi, I'd like to raise awareness for this ticket. Essentially, if you set

nopop = true

, every single popup target in the mission becomes absolutely rigid. Doesn't pop down, doesn't pop up. It seems 'nopop' is a global command just hanging out there in the world.

It makes it very difficult indeed to create any form of controllable rifle range. I've been tearing my hair out for days now trying to resolve this, I think I'm going to have to model, texture and config my own targets, because of this bug.

Really trying very hard not to be whiny, but this ticket has been 'new' since July last year.

If I've posted this in the wrong place, let me know and I'll post it in the correct place.

Edit: Just saw that DarkDruid has been assigned/assigned this to himself. Thanks very much, really appreciate it.

Edited by Spudly

Anyone has a n idea or maybe an tutorial for me for an script to add custom police uniforms to altis life ???

Hi ! I've a problem with "sleep" : I've a scipt para.sqf :

_team = _this select 0;

{
_x  action ["Eject", vehicle _x]; 
sleep 2;
}
forEach  units _team;

and in the Init.sqf of the mission I put

fctPara = compile preprocessFile "para.sqf"; 

Bt when I call fctPara there is this error :

1393794798-arma3-2014-03-02-22-12-03-61.png

What may I do ?

Spawn it instead of calling it. You can't sleep in the non-scheduled environment.

I was calling it with (in a waypoint) [team1] call fctPara.

What should I write ?

I was calling it with (in a waypoint) [team1] call fctPara.

What should I write ?

[team1] spawn fctPara

I would like to bring attention to a ticket which contains a very special but simple proposal that could propel Arma 3 modding the next level: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15079

Basically, the request is to allow extending the game's config classes from a mission's description.ext, just like from an addon's config.cpp; I don't know about the level of feasibility, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard, as description.ext already allows the creation of new classes, albeit within "missionConfigFile".

A simple change like this would grant mission makers a very high level of customization, while keeping it vanilla and thus not require players to download external addons. For example, one of the things I always wanted to do is increase the "maximumLoad" value of trucks, but I oppose requiring my playerbase to download external stuff for such little modifications, as it would shy away most players and prevent newcomers to simply jump into my servers and discover my mission. The classes I'm specifically interested into are CfgVehicles, CfgWeapons, and CfgMagazines. The number of possibilities would be endless.

Any other mechanism to achieve this effect would also be viable, like a config.cpp at the root of the mission PBO for example.

If anyone from BIS deems this impossible, a short explanation would be great.

If similar requests have already been made in the past and discussed about with devs, I'd love to be pointed to the related thread(s).

Thanks.

Also related:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21591

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?108454-New-mergeConfigFile-scripting-command

Edited by AgentRev