Thanks guys for the replies.

That is truly a weird situation (when it comes to MP). So at the moment, could you feed that info to the "victim" with BIS_fnc_MP?

Something like:

[[_this], myTag_fnc_hitPart, _this select 0 select 0, false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

Assuming the "victim" has myTag_fnc_hitPart complied on their machine?

EDIT: I might make a thread for this in Mission Editing as I fear I might be derailing this thread.

Atm you need to transfer the data registered by hitPart yourself over network (pV or setVar public).

There should also be:

backpackContainer

uniformContainer

vestContainer

(source)

Though none of them seem to be documented yet. :)

Btw. what are the chances of this happening?

I.e. having the magazinesDetail* commands return an array of arrays instead of strings (which are difficult to work with). Example, from the linked ticket:

- this is what it does at the moment

["6.5mm 30Rnd Caseless Mag(30/30)[id:10924]","6.5mm 30Rnd Caseless Mag(30/30)[id:10925]", ...]

- this is what would be more easy to use

[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 30, 30, 10924], ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 30, 30, 10925], ... ]

Edited by MadDogX

There should also be:

backpackContainer

uniformContainer

vestContainer

(source)

You can use them like a backpack, like this:

_uniform = uniformContainer player;
_uniform addMagazinesGlobal ["HandGrenade", 2];

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind those. They can be emulated with the uniformContainer/vestContainer commands. And the presence of addItem* commands somewhat makes me wonder why there's no addMagazinesToUniform etc ?

Also, the documentation doesn't say anything about locality, so are these global, or local ?

maybe you can try commands magazinesAmmo or magazinesAmmoFull player which could provide a easier way to work with magazines stored in inventory

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

There should also be:

backpackContainer

uniformContainer

vestContainer

(source)

Btw. what are the chances of this happening?

I.e. having the magazinesDetail* commands return an array of arrays instead of strings (which are difficult to work with). Example, from the linked ticket:

maybe you can try commands magazinesAmmo or magazinesAmmoFull player which could provide a easier way to work with magazines stored in inventory

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

commands somewhat makes me wonder why there's no addMagazinesToUniform etc ?

since tomorrow Steam DEV build you should be able to add magazines into inventory using addItemToXXX commands.

since tomorrow Steam DEV build you should be able to add magazines into inventory using addItemToXXX commands.

Great. What about locality, will they be local only, i.e addMagazineCargo, or global ? If only local, their use will be pretty limited for anything but single player missions

As I promised the new version of Steam Dev build will be contain extension for addItemToXXX and canAddItemToXXX which allow to store even magazines and weapons into containers(DEV. 110988 see http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14576#c57233). About locality, well it seems to be a big issue, because since now nobody takes care about gear commands locality - so I implemented them by my best conscience's sake :-) and obviously community has quite different opinion about locality.. so I'm going to take a look what is a current state, then I will rewrite all to Global versions and will see what happen. Don't worry, I really like what I'm doing, so I will do my best to keep it(or lead it) to a as good shape as it can be possible ;-)

As I promised the new version of Steam Dev build will be contain extension for addItemToXXX and canAddItemToXXX which allow to store even magazines and weapons into containers(DEV. 110988 see http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14576#c57233). About locality, well it seems to be a big issue, because since now nobody takes care about gear commands locality - so I implemented them by my best conscience's sake :-) and obviously community has quite different opinion about locality.. so I'm going to take a look what is a current state, then I will rewrite all to Global versions and will see what happen. Don't worry, I really like what I'm doing, so I will do my best to keep it(or lead it) to a as good shape as it can be possible ;-)

If they are global (or get global variants), I would assume that BattlEye will need new filters for them too, correct? Or will the old addXXXcargo.txt filters catch these things?

If they are global (or get global variants), I would assume that BattlEye will need new filters for them too, correct? Or will the old addXXXcargo.txt filters catch these things?

sure.. BattleEye support for new global commands has to be available. Unfortunately there could be a certain time window between global commands will be released and covered by BE hence we have to testing them(I'm talking about DEV version - in stable we will merge it together).

Would it be possible to expose the radio commands, that show up in the commanding menu when you select squad mates with the F keys, to scripting? Or is it possible to, for example, make an AI squad leader to order "flank left" at the moment?

If yes, is there any documentation regarding it? I haven't been able to find anything related to that on the wiki.

I can add a weapon to a vest with...

player addItemToVest "hgun_ACPC2_F";

But I cannot remove a weapon from the vest with...

player removeItemFromVest "hgun_ACPC2_F";

case "MapDraw": {
	_cam = missionnamespace getvariable ["BIS_fnc_camera_cam",objnull];
	_ctrlMap = _this select 0;
	_ctrlMap drawIcon [
		BIS_fnc_camera_iconCamera,
		[0,1,1,1],
		position _cam,
		direction _cam,
		"",
	];
	//[texture, color, position, width, height, angle, text, shadow]
};

More examples in BI scripts.

Keep in mind that like the other draw* commands it has to be executed every frame.

Keep in mind that like the other draw* commands it has to be executed every frame.

Yep, I have an onEachFrame block already for other GUI stuff, so I don't mind slappin it in there

;2531771']
	case "MapDraw": {
	_cam = missionnamespace getvariable ["BIS_fnc_camera_cam",objnull];
	_ctrlMap = _this select 0;
	_ctrlMap drawIcon [
		BIS_fnc_camera_iconCamera,
		[0,1,1,1],
		position _cam,
		direction _cam,
		"",
	];
	//[texture, color, position, width, height, angle, text, shadow]
};

More examples in BI scripts.

So this is you passing a map control you made, I was trying to get it to work on the actual map the player accesses via "M", couldn't seem to get that working.

What did the Commands setCausticsParams, setSkyFogColorationStart, setHorizonSunColorationScale do exactly?

addItemTo* (*Uniform, vest, backpack) for magazines successfully adds magazines to the container, however the magazines are not usable by the weapon (rifle). You can even drag them to the magazine slot of the primary weapon but it reports 0 rounds and 0 magazines.

addItemTo* (*Uniform, vest, backpack) for magazines successfully adds magazines to the container, however the magazines are not usable by the weapon (rifle). You can even drag them to the magazine slot of the primary weapon but it reports 0 rounds and 0 magazines.

DEV. 111183

[PUBLIC][FIXED] AddItemCargo, AddItemToVest add empty magazines - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14576#c57683

a "getmass" command could be useful too (which would take into account the geo LOD mass and keeps track of the modifications done via setmass). Or maybe it already exists?

The setCenterOfMass command is interesting for choppers, since it can be used to make their rolling and pitching movements more realistic.

For example, try this on a littlebird type chopper:

this setCenterOfMass [0, 0.5, 1]