As far as a repro mission goes, just do what I explained in my previous post with the editor and the addActions. :cool:

But now because of your reply to this post and all the other missing icons I've been reporting, I'm starting to wonder weather I should maybe uninstall and reinstall the game in case its corrupted. :confused:

What do you think I should do ? :shrug:

Cheers.

Yes, that mission described in your previous post is working for me (and I guess not just for me, because there is no similar bug reported on FT as far as I know). Try to use "Verify integrity of game cache" steam function (Right click on Arma3 in steam library > Properties > Tab Local files > Verify integrity of game cache). If this doesn't help, try to reinstall the game. If this doesn't help, then please use our Feedback Tracker and report this bug. Feedback Tracker is tool prepared directly for bugs. It is better to use it than talk about it here and create chaos by a lot of posts which should be on FT. Thank you

Yes, that mission described in your previous post is working for me (and I guess not just for me, because there is no similar bug reported on FT as far as I know). Try to use "Verify integrity of game cache" steam function (Right click on Arma3 in steam library > Properties > Tab Local files > Verify integrity of game cache). If this doesn't help, try to reinstall the game. If this doesn't help, then please use our Feedback Tracker and report this bug. Feedback Tracker is tool prepared directly for bugs. It is better to use it than talk about it here and create chaos by a lot of posts which should be on FT. Thank you

I've uninstalled the game and am reinstalling it now, hopefully this will fix my problems as I'm now thinking its a bad update/install.

When I went into my Programs and Features section to uninstall the game it was still listed as being Arma 3 Alpha is that correct ? otherwise it might be a good indication that its a bad install.

Anyway I guess I'll find out shortly.

OK if it doesn't fix it I'll use the bug tracker and put in a report.

Thank you for your replies and advice on this topic.

UPDATE:

It turns out it was a corrupt install, the reinstall fixed the issue and the code works again.

Doesn't give me much faith or confidence in the new steam way of providing updates. I hope this doesn't happen often as I cant get ADSL internet where I am, only a mobile connection service which has great speed but its expensive and I've only got a maximum data of 15G per month so you can understand my concerns.

Anyway its fixed now and that's the main thing, I'll try and focus on that.

UPDATE TWO:

Well I hope you drop back in here DarkDruid and see these updates mate, looks like I posted my last update to soon. When I posted it I had only tested my code in the beta stable version, as soon as I updated to the Dev Build the code breaks and doesn't work.

So I thought shit this is bullshit + some more stuff that I wont repeat and I reverted again back to the stable version and hey presto the code works again so I don't no if you tested my code with a stable version or a Dev version because it definitely breaks for me with the Dev version.

So for now I'm going to have to stay with the stable version until its fixed, and I guess I better have do a bug report which is something I was hoping I wouldn't have to do.

This really gives me the shits happening so close to release and up until now I never really had any problems.

Edited by PartyHead

ok, so STABLE branch is fine, yet the code is broken on todays newest DEV branch build? got any RPT file errors logged ? ...

ok, so STABLE branch is fine, yet the code is broken on todays newest DEV branch build? got any RPT file errors logged ? ...

Yeah seems to be ok in the stable and it started breaking straight after Dev Build version: EXE rev. 09136, 16-08-2013.

Nothing shows in the RPT it just breaks the code with no report.

I knew I wasn't going mad and that it was being broken by the update.

Anyway do you wont me to do a bug report still or is there something you might be able to directly do yourself because it needs to be fixed.

I don't know why I'm the only one to be reporting this, I'm sure its got nothing to do with my pc.

Edited by PartyHead

please make repro mission and post it on feedback tracker, then url here, ty

That code is working fine in today's dev build for me, for BLUFOR units of course.

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles";} else {player addItem "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles";}; 

please make repro mission and post it on feedback tracker, then url here, ty

Here's a link to the bug report http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13101

That code is working fine in today's dev build for me, for BLUFOR units of course.

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles";} else {player addItem "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles";}; 

Yeah there's something wrong with it for me though kylania and I cant test anymore then I have to find the problem which seems to be the Dev build for me at this stage.

Only other thing I can think of it might be is that its something wrong with steam and the files I'm receiving but I do an file integrity test and it always checks out.

Maybe it is something wrong at my end but what could that be and why is only the Dev Build effected.

Here's a link to the bug report http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13101

Your test unit, the AutoRifleman, has no free inventory space which is why you addNVG function is failing. Remove a box of ammo from him or switch him to a unit which does have space free and it works just fine.

Your test unit, the AutoRifleman, has no free inventory space which is why you addNVG function is failing. Remove a box of ammo from him or switch him to a unit which does have space free and it works just fine.

Thanks for that kylania but it still doesn't explain why it works fine with the Autorifleman in the stable build without having to do that, and I've been using the Dev build pretty much since day one and I never had this problem or had to do that with the Autoriffleman and this all started only after the Dev build update that I've previously mentioned.

I'm starting to get a bit disheartened by all this, I hate this sort of shit happening and to make it worse it appears I'm the only one to have this problem, which will probably make it really less of a priority for anyone to care.

I've put a bug report in, I've communicated with a Dev, cant do anymore then that apart from every now and then switch to the Dev Build to see if its corrected or works again.

Everything works for me in the stable build so I'll just stick with that for now, but I'm seriously thinking about going back to Arma 2 again and come back in 6 - 12 months time, Arma 3 might be a stable game by then.

And I didn't like the idea of steam when it was announced and experiencing it I have to say it really sucks.

Cheers.

* Almost forgot to say thanks kylania for your testing efforts and interest in this issue, hopefully because it use to work it might eventually sort itself out again but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by PartyHead

Maybe it has something to do with the updated carry capacity in the dev build.

This is it exactly. The Dev Build uses different weight and volume for items vs the Stable build. In Stable the AR has "half" his uniform free for items. In Dev he's totally full. They said this morning or something that we're stuck with the current weight system from Dev in Release I believe, but they'll still be tweaking it, so expect more things like this to crop up. :)

Beside, I doubt anyone's gonna remain on Stable after they put Altis in. Two weeks without trying that beauty out when she's just a click away? No way! :)

This is it exactly. The Dev Build uses different weight and volume for items vs the Stable build. In Stable the AR has "half" his uniform free for items. In Dev he's totally full. They said this morning or something that we're stuck with the current weight system from Dev in Release I believe, but they'll still be tweaking it, so expect more things like this to crop up. :)

Beside, I doubt anyone's gonna remain on Stable after they put Altis in. Two weeks without trying that beauty out when she's just a click away? No way! :)

Yeah your right on the money kylania I reverted back to the Dev build to try out what you said, changing the autorifleman to an rifleman, and it works fine just like you said, so its not actually broken it means that to do what was once simple you now have to factor in the weight each unit is carrying first just to see weather you can add some NV-Goggles to his inventory or not.

What do I do now about the bug tracker report I put in ?

Yeah your right on the money kylania I reverted back to the Dev build to try out what you said, changing the autorifleman to an rifleman, and it works fine just like you said, so its not actually broken it means that to do what was once simple you now have to factor in the weight each unit is carrying first just to see weather you can add some NV-Goggles to his inventory or not.

What do I do now about the bug tracker report I put in ?

If its something that isn't now an issue I could reference this thread and request the ticket to be closed as a non-issue due to weight-management being factored into the current DEV Beta Build (input the version #), and the Stable Beta Build version (input the version #) in the comments :)

Only thing I cant understand is with the test mission I did for this, at the start of the mission I have it that the autorifleman's NV-Goggles are removed and the idea of the add actions is to try and return them to his inventory.

Now, if the NV-Goggles are removed shouldn't that then create that much added space for them to be put back in his inventory, I mean what happens to that space the NV-Goggles had to start with before they are removed does it just disappear, because my way of thinking is if you remove something it should create a space for that object to be put back in.

Is that how you guys see it ?

Now, if the NV-Goggles are removed shouldn't that then create that much added space for them to be put back in his inventory, I mean what happens to that space the NV-Goggles had to start with before they are removed does it just disappear, because my way of thinking is if you remove something it should create a space for that object to be put back in.

Is that how you guys see it ?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13101

There is a check of free space for items added by script commands but no check for items added by config. In this case that unit has more items than the capacity of its inventory is even after deleting of that NVGs. When you try to add anything by script command to its inventory, script command checks available space and because there is none, nothing is added into inventory. It is a bug, we know about it and it should be fixed soon.

Can anyone see anything wrong with my fire mission script.

// Mortar fire mission.
mortarFireMission = 
{
   _mortar = _this select 0;                                       //--- Mortar unit.
   _target = _this select 1;                                       //--- Target.
   _radius  = 25;
_splash = 0;

if (_target in _bases) then 
   {
	_centre = getMarkerPos _target;                             //--- Get target markers central point.
       _splash = getArtilleryETA [_mortar, _centre select 0, _centre select 1, _centre select 2, getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0];
}
else 
{
	_centre = getPos _target;                                   //--- Get target objects central point.
       _splash = getArtilleryETA [_mortar, _centre select 0, _centre select 1, _centre select 2, getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0];
};

//hintSilent format ["DEBUG\n\nCurrent Target = %1", _target];    // Debug hint.

_position = 
   [
       (_centre select 0) - _radius + (2 * random _radius),        //--- Random dispersion radius X.
       (_centre select 1) - _radius + (2 * random _radius),        //--- Random dispersion radius Y.
       0                                                           //--- Target pos Z.
   ];

_mortar commandArtilleryFire                                    //--- Mortar fire mission.
   [
       _position,                                                  //--- Target position.
       getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0,                        //--- Select mortar ammo type.
       4                                                           //--- Number of shots per round.
   ];

hintSilent "Rounds Complete.";	

//hintSilent format ["DEBUG\n\nETA to Target = %1", _splash];     // Debug hint.

sleep _splash;

_roundsComplete = true;
};

I keep getting this RPT error message but I cant find anything wrong with my script ?

Error in expression <             
_splash = getArtilleryETA [_mortar, _centre select 0, _centre sele>
 Error position: <[_mortar, _centre select 0, _centre sele>
 Error Missing ;
File C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\PartyHead\missions\test_mission.Stratis\mortar.sqf, line 51

I also tried putting the _centre select entries in brackets like this (_centre select 0), (_centre select 1), etc, etc. but I still get the message.

Is getArtilleryETA broken at the moment or am I doing something wrong ?

Well there doesn't appear to be a _bases? :s

Yeah _bases is an [array] of marker names on another script, but that's not the culprit here the error message seems to be pointing to the _splash = getArtilleryETA part, as when I comment that part out I don't get the error message.

I just tried it like this and still got the message. I've highlighted the part that when I remove it I don't get the message.

// Mortar fire mission.

mortarFireMission = 
{
   _mortar = _this select 0;                                        //--- Mortar unit.
   _target = _this select 1;                                        //--- Target.

_bases  = ["markerA", "markerB", "markerC"];                     //--- Target markers.

_radius = 25;
   _splash = 0;

{
_centre = getMarkerPos _target;                              //--- Get target marker central point.
   }
   else 
   {
_centre = getPos _target;                                    //--- Get target object central point.
   };

hintSilent format ["DEBUG\n\nCurrent Target = %1", _target];     // Debug hint.

_targetX = _centre select 0;                                     //--- Target position X.	
   _targetY = _centre select 1;                                     //--- Target position Y.
   _targetZ = _centre select 2;                                     //--- Target position Z.

[color="#FF0000"]_splash = getArtilleryETA [_mortar, _targetX, _targetY, _targetZ, getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0];[/color]

_position = 
   [
       _targetX - _radius + (2 * random _radius),                   //--- Random dispersion radius X.
       _targetY - _radius + (2 * random _radius),                   //--- Random dispersion radius Y.
       0                                                            //--- Dispersion radius Z.
   ];

_mortar commandArtilleryFire                                 //--- Mortar fire mission.
   [
       _position,                                                   //--- Target position.
       getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0,                         //--- Select mortar ammo type.
       4                                                            //--- Number of shots per round.
   ];

hintSilent format ["DEBUG\n\nETA to Target = %1", _splash];      // Debug hint.

sleep _splash;

_roundsComplete = true;
};

EDIT: There must be something wrong with getArtilleryETA because this works perfectly with no error message. [Can a Dev check] ?

// Mortar fire mission.
mortarFireMission = 
{
   _mortar = _this select 0;                                        //--- Mortar unit.
   _target = _this select 1;                                        //--- Target.

_bases  = ["markerA", "markerB", "markerC"];                     //--- Target markers.

_radius = 25;
   _splash = 10;

{
    _centre = getMarkerPos _target;                              //--- Get target marker central point.
   }
   else 
   {
    _centre = getPos _target;                                    //--- Get target object central point.
   };

hintSilent format ["DEBUG\n\nCurrent Target = %1", _target];     // Debug hint.

_targetX = _centre select 0;                                     //--- Target position X.	
   _targetY = _centre select 1;                                     //--- Target position Y.
   _targetZ = _centre select 2;                                     //--- Target position Z.

_position = 
   [
       _targetX - _radius + (2 * random _radius),                   //--- Random dispersion radius X.
       _targetY - _radius + (2 * random _radius),                   //--- Random dispersion radius Y.
       0                                                            //--- Dispersion radius Z.
   ];

_mortar commandArtilleryFire                                     //--- Mortar fire mission.
   [
       _position,                                                   //--- Target position.
       getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0,                         //--- Select mortar ammo type.
       4                                                            //--- Number of shots per round.
   ];

hintSilent format ["DEBUG\n\nETA to Target = %1", _splash];      // Debug hint.

sleep _splash;

_roundsComplete = true;
};

Edited by PartyHead

Well to check it just assign a variable with some basic values (i.e. only put numbers in the array rather than some variables), then create a hint to broadcast the variable and if it works fine then it's your syntax or an issue in one of the variables (in getting whatever value it needs), if it doesn't work then yes, that command is borked.

Is there a trick to getting BIS_fnc_error to log to the RPT? All I'm getting is the on screen message which isn't helpful while lo

Is there a trick to getting BIS_fnc_error to log to the RPT? All I'm getting is the on screen message which isn't helpful while lo

Don't know mate, BIS_fnc_error not working to ?

Well to check it just assign a variable with some basic values (i.e. only put numbers in the array rather than some variables), then create a hint to broadcast the variable and if it works fine then it's your syntax or an issue in one of the variables (in getting whatever value it needs), if it doesn't work then yes, that command is borked.

Yeah its broken, I just did a couple of tests with hints and the variables that I'm giving the getArtilleryETA command are returning as correct, and I've written the code exactly as it is on the New Scripting Commands List web page but it gives an error message, so it must be broken.

Tested using this.

_mortar = _this select 0;
_target = _this select 1;

_centre = getPos _target;

_targetX = _centre select 0;//--- Target position X.
_targetY = _centre select 1;//--- Target position Y.
_targetZ = _centre select 2;//--- Target position Z.
_magazineType = getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0;

hint format ["DEBUG\n\n%1\n%2\n%3\n%4\n%5", _target, _targetX, _targetY, _targetZ, _magazineType];

_splash = getArtilleryETA [_mortar, _targetX, _targetY, _targetZ, _magazineType];

Edited by PartyHead

PartyHead, after some playing around it looks like the syntax for the command is different than was originally documented. This works:

_flightTime = _mortar getArtilleryETA [getPos _target, (getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0)];

I've updated the wiki to reflect that. Sorry for all your troubles with this. :)

PartyHead, after some playing around it looks like the syntax for the command is different than was originally documented. This works:

_flightTime = _mortar getArtilleryETA [getPos _target, (getArtilleryAmmo [_mortar] select 0)];

I've updated the wiki to reflect that. Sorry for all your troubles with this. :)

Hey that's great kylania thanks heaps mate it works perfectly now. :)

Any chance the Scripting Commands Arma 2 and Arma 3 wiki page could be made downloadable in adobe reader format ?

Edited by PartyHead

Is there a trick to getting BIS_fnc_error to log to the RPT? All I'm getting is the on screen message which isn't helpful

You need allowFunctionsLog 1 in the description.ext to allow logging to the RPT.

Changing BIS_fnc_init_displayErrors true/false in your profileNameSpace will toggle the on screen messages.