So we got a new function, BIS_fnc_findInPairs, but it can only return a number? It would be infinitely more useful if it could return anything. I'd love to use it for something like this:

nvgs = [["WEST", "NVGoggles"], ["EAST", "NVGoggles_OPFOR"], ["GUER", "NVGoggles_INDEP"]];
_mySillyNewNVGClassname = [nvgs, str(side unit)] call BIS_fnc_findInPairs;

Could we remove the "value must be number" limit from this? While we're at it removing the "key must be a string" would be handy too.

uavControl returns this: Array - in format: [unit_object,position_string]

What's unit_object exactly ? The drone ? or it's current controller ?

If not the controller, is there any way to find out who is currently controlling the drone ?

Varanon: Description - Get array with unit connected to vehicle and position in that vehicle.

This means the array will get the unit it's connected to (controller) and its position.

Varanon: Description - Get array with unit connected to vehicle and position in that vehicle.

This means the array will get the unit it's connected to (controller) and its position.

It doesn't specifically say it's the controller. It could be anything, for example, it could be the unit itself. A clarification is necessary, these one-liners are not precise at all

It doesn't specifically say it's the controller. It could be anything, for example, it could be the unit itself. A clarification is necessary, these one-liners are not precise at all

unit connected to vehicle

Surely that's the unit (UAV op for example) that is connected to the vehicle? :s

unit connected to vehicle

Surely that's the unit (UAV op for example) that is connected to the vehicle? :s

So what if it means the actual UAV terminal connected to the vehicle ? Or some hidden AI like in Arma 2 ?

To clarify, I tried it just now. Controlling a UAV directly make uavControl return an array [player object, "DRIVER"]. So basically, you get the controllers for each aspect of the UAV ("DRIVER", "GUNNER", or "" if it's controlled through the terminal autonomous interface

And I also exited to see that the player is NOT in the UAV (or in fact, switched to the UAV), the position stays the same when the UAV moves. So it is also possible to get a distance between player and UAV.

So what if it means the actual UAV terminal connected to the vehicle ? Or some hidden AI like in Arma 2 ?

To clarify, I tried it just now. Controlling a UAV directly make uavControl return an array [player object, "DRIVER"]. So basically, you get the controllers for each aspect of the UAV ("DRIVER", "GUNNER", or "" if it's controlled through the terminal autonomous interface

And I also exited to see that the player is NOT in the UAV (or in fact, switched to the UAV), the position stays the same when the UAV moves. So it is also possible to get a distance between player and UAV.

Ah. It would be a benefit then instead of "" it perhaps returned the playername using it (Or just "player" for SP), imo.

For the distance thing, yeah, I noticed that on the lolstream that BIS did I think, where the player stood still in an awkward pose and everyone was like ...

Could potentially make some interesting effects happen with the whole determining distance from UAV to UAV op though.

Is there any chance of expanding drawicon3d ? Right now it's amazing for adding floating icons etc but being limited to a single line of text is annoying, and adding a second drawicon3d usually leads to the two overlapping at a distance. Allowing structured text or something similar would go a long way

Please, can we have the HandleHeal event handler also trigger when a unit heals himself? It's weird that you should be able to detect someone else healing you but not if you do it yourself. Considering the FAK controversy, it would be good to be able to handle them via scripting. Issue Ticket here.

Hello Dev's,

This line of script doesn't seem to work anymore since before Dev Build version: EXE rev. 09136, 16-08-2013.

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles";} else {player addItem "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles";};

Also when written like this.

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeWeapon "NVGoggles";} else {player addWeapon "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles";};

Prior to Dev Build version: EXE rev. 09136, 16-08-2013, it use to add NV goggles then assign them to the units helmet or it would unassign them from the units helmet and remove them. But now it will only unassign and remove them from the units helmet it wont add and assign them back again.

What have you changed that would cause this ?

Have you changed or added a new script command for adding or assigning NV goggles ?

I'm aware of the NV goggle class name changes which I don't think has anything to do with this though.

Could a Dev please answer or address this for me please.

Thanks.

Edited by PartyHead

NVGs are an item, not a weapon. That is your problem.

No its not my problem, someone else said the same thing in my other posts about this.

And if you take a closer look at my post you might notice that I've got examples written both ways with removeItem, addItem and/or removeWeapon, addWeapon, both of which don't work anymore, both of which worked for me prior to Dev Build version: EXE rev. 09136, 16-08-2013. The removeItem and removeWeapon works but not the addItem, addWeapon part.

* AGAIN CAN A DEV PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

This line of script doesn't seem to work anymore since before Dev Build version: EXE rev. 09136, 16-08-2013.

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles";} else {player addItem "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles";};

Also when written like this.

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeWeapon "NVGoggles";} else {player addWeapon "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles";};

Prior to Dev Build version: EXE rev. 09136, 16-08-2013, it use to add NV goggles then assign them to the units helmet or it would unassign them from the units helmet and remove them. But now it will only unassign and remove them from the units helmet it wont add and assign them back again.

What have you changed that would cause this ?

Have you changed or added a new script command for adding or assigning NV goggles ?

I'm aware of the NV goggle class name changes which I don't think has anything to do with this though.

Could a Dev please answer or address this for me please.

Thanks.

Edited by PartyHead

NVGoggle class names changed to reflect each faction color so you need that. Sorry, I don't know where to find it.

The above script would only remove the NVGs from BLUFOR soldiers, not OPFOR or Greenfor soldiers. You'll need to use NVGoggles_OPFOR and NVGoggles_INDEP for the classnames, respectively.

No its not my problem, someone else said the same thing in my other posts about this.

I also explained it's addItem and removeItem and the bugs that happen when you use weapon with NVGoggles. :)

NVGoggle class names changed to reflect each faction color so you need that. Sorry, I don't know where to find it.
The above script would only remove the NVGs from BLUFOR soldiers, not OPFOR or Greenfor soldiers. You'll need to use NVGoggles_OPFOR and NVGoggles_INDEP for the classnames, respectively.

Yeah thanks guys I realize that about the class names as I said that in my original post and I don't think that's the problem here because with the class name changes wouldn't you just use the same script commands I'm talking about like this this.

unassignItem "NVGoggles";
removeItem "NVGoggles";
assignItem "NVGoggles";
addItem "NVGoggles";

unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
assignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
addItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";

unassignItem "NVGoggles_INDEP";
removeItem "NVGoggles_INDEP";
assignItem "NVGoggles_INDEP";
addItem "NVGoggles_INDEP";

And if not then that's what I'm asking the Dev's because there must be an new script command otherwise. That's what I want to Know.

But I don't think I've ever had a Dev ever reply or answer any of my questions ever since I've been a member of this community which I think is 2009.

And lately my questions have just been sucked up by the daily hoards of community question out there.

Oh sorry I tell a lie I did get an PM from a Dev or maybe forum admin to tell me that I had been given an infraction for comments I'd made in a post in defense of BIS and Arma 3, go figure.

I give up.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I also explained it's addItem and removeItem and the bugs that happen when you use weapon with NVGoggles. :)

Yeah thanks kylania its not you that I was referring to mate :)

There's got to be a new script command kylania because I just placed a unit in the editor and put this in his init field,

this unassignItem "NVGoggles";
this removeItem "NVGoggles";

And gave him some addActions like this,

debug_action1 = player addAction ["<t color=""#e5b348"">Add NV goggles", "edit\debug1.sqf", [] , -1, false, true, "true", "alive player"];

debug_action2 = player addAction ["<t color=""#e5b348"">Assign NV goggles", "edit\debug2.sqf", [] , -1, false, true, "true", "alive player"];

debug1

player addItem "NVGoggles";

if (true) exitWith {};

debug2

player assignItem "NVGoggles";

if (true) exitWith {};

Then I played the game and checked my inventory and my NV goggles where not there (correct).

I then used the addAction that should add NV goggles to my inventory and then when I checked my inventory they where not there (incorrect).

Unless I'm doing something wrong it still didn't work even using the commands that way :confused:

There has/must be a new script command but the Dev's wont answer my questions :mad:

Also I've never known code to work one minute and not the next, unless something has changed :rolleyes:

Edited by PartyHead

I just tried this version via console in current dev build and it works for me. Could you please report a bug via Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com/) and add there exact repro steps or repro mission? Thanks

but the Dev's wont answer my questions :mad:

When you asked here for the first time, in our country was 1:28 AM. Your last post is from 5:31 AM. I'm sorry, I was sleeping. :o

Edited by DarkDruid

I just tried this version via console in current dev build and it works for me. Could you please report a bug via Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com/) and add there exact repro steps or repro mission? Thanks

When you asked here for the first time, in our country was 1:28 AM. Your last post is from 5:31 AM. I'm sorry, I was sleeping. :o

:oops: I guess you've got to sleep some times hey. :)

As far as a repro mission goes, just do what I explained in my previous post with the editor and the addActions. :cool:

But now because of your reply to this post and all the other missing icons I've been reporting, I'm starting to wonder weather I should maybe uninstall and reinstall the game in case its corrupted. :confused:

What do you think I should do ? :shrug:

Edited by PartyHead