Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Men of War: Assault Squad 2

http://www.menofwargame.com/games/assaultsquad2/

http://steamcommunity.com/games/mowas2

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244450#scrollTop=0

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is the next chapter in the award-winning Men of War strategy game series and a continuation of the Men of War: Assault Squad experience.

Discuss...

Fair enough.

The small list of details released so far:

• New singleplyer skirmishes.
  • Eight player co-op and multiplayer 8v8 game mode.
  • New multiplayer maps.
  • Five factions and various battlefields in Europe, Eastern Europe, Northern Africa and the Pacific.
  • Improved engine graphics and sound.
  • The Developer is planning to release the sequel later this year. We’ll let you know when we have a date.

And probably the best one so far:

• New Steam functionalities such as Steam Cloud, Workshop and multiplayer match-making.

God how I hate the current system; Have so few battles in AS because of general high ping, NAT problems and random disconnects.

Release is scheduled for 2013 still.

For screens: http://www.menofwargame.com/games/assaultsquad2/screenshots/124

Cant wait to try it, have been big fan of the serie since Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2. AI is so well-made that even the skirmishes are fun in SP.

Bringin this from the dead....

Release date announced: February 20th.

Pre-Purschase with 20% off - 30% for AS1 owners.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244450/

____

First Dev Update - Better late than never huh?

Talk about the XP system: http://digitalmindsoft.eu/news/developers-update-1-0

01.jpg

In summary, your XP, level and rank are tied to your Steam. You will unlock units with XP (faction tied!), it's a way to guide begginers with units without overwhelming them. It will be fast enough to unlock units so veterans shouldn't be worried. Playing with friends grant a XP boost. Quitting a match = no XP.

Unofficial matches (4fun, mods) without XP will exist. SP won't be affected.

02.jpg

Steam integration and XP system - all good in my eyes. Previous games were plagued with quitting players and the whole MP plataform was really bad.

they key part is DMS has full source so they can do much more and way faserthan just hope for BestWay to fix the issues ...

Discuss...
Wish they fleshed out the netcode (not sure about that, my last try was SHOWW) and first person control, could be a nice competitor to other titles in the reaslism genre Smile_trollface-3.gif

edito: oops, sorry. thought whole assault squad 2 was new :D

Edited by Mr Burns

it's improved MOW:AS in way that they can finally do with engine what they wanted to in first place (before with MOW/MOW:AS they only got license w/o source code)

The Closed beta starts today for CtA backers who have preordered MOWAS2. Can't wait to try out the game, I think my MOWAS lag is finally fixed with multi-core support.

Shame though that it seems they are still using the same FoW skins for the infantry, they stand out even more of the upgraded graphics & vehicles.

I liked Commandos, got into it a little with Behind Enemy Lines, got quite attached to the characters, wanted to keep them alive in a mission. Is this like that, only without the attachment I suppose.

More like Commandos: Total War :D

But once in a while you get attachted to unit that made something heroic ingame, be it destroying something important or just scouting behind the lines (VERY important).

Worth the money buying do you think? I really like Assault Squad 1 (Vietnam was pretty fun in MP tbh)

I think it will be worth it so I already ordered it. Multi core support along with mulitplayer improvements is worth it alone IMO and it's not USD ~60.00 like some of the AAA rip-offs.

Open beta for everyone who pre-order starts on thursday. Since it's still beta I assume there will be issues but lets hope they are minor ones...

/KC

Don't think their are that minor because the release date was pushed back to March 20th: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/news/713927-men-of-war-assault-squad-2-new-release-date

Anyway, bought mine. It's just another MoW and I'm happy with that, just wishing that this Steam integration bring more western people (ping, language, timezones) to play with.

Agree, more western players would be nice since I don't speak RUS it can be hard to get teamwork going.

What game modes do you guys play? Personaly I prefer larger (8-16 players) Combat games with sane amount of soldiers/armour. Would be nice to hook up with some of you and test it out.

/KC

Downloaded but didn't play engouh to take any conclusions yet.

At the 20th February of 2014, you will be able to join the beta if you pre-purchased Men of War: Assault Squad 2 on Steam!

We will gradually expand the beta and add new content and features along the way. In this regard, I'd like to address a few things:

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 runs on a different engine compared to the first part or any other Men of War game. This was a huge step for us as an indie developer and it was taking a lot of time to fix many of the issues we were encountering along the way. It's easier to build a game from scratch on a new engine, than porting it. The engine AS2 uses is identical to the engine Call to Arms will run on and you will get all the benefits of the modernized engine, such as multi-core threading and many new shaders including parallax mapping.

Aside from the core engine aspects, changing the whole multiplayer integration from GameSpy to Steamworks was a huge step as well. Changing a system like this is not like pushing a switch, instead it's many months of hard work. Work we dedicated to deliver you the best possible multiplayer experience.

Once everything works like we want, we will move on to add new features into the game and listen to player feedback. But please bear with us that performance and stability are our biggest concerns right now and fixing needs time. We want this game to look better and run better for everyone and this can't be achieved without your support and patience!

Lastly, more is not always better. Our main concern is to polish and fix all the existing features in-game to provide a fantastic and smooth experience for veterans as well as for newcomers. We have so many great features in this game very few people know about and we want to make sure everyone is able to see, learn and understand the game mechanics.

Some voiced the concern that AS2 was created to fund the development of Call to Arms. This is incorrect. AS2 has been discussed and agreed on before we went public with our plans for Call to Arms. In fact, the development of Call to Arms allowed us to invest way more into the engine which benefits all of us. Undoubtly, Assault Squad 2 contains the most changes out of any Men of War games and we will continue to support the game post release.

However, please keep in mind this is not Men of War 2, but Assault Squad 2, so do not expect a totally different game. We never promised such, nor will we. It's clearly communicated what AS2 will contain on the store page and every owner of AS1 receives an additional discount on an already rather affordable game. If you are looking for an overhaul of Men of War you can choose Call to Arms or wait for Men of War 2. If you want all the great improvements and new technology we have been working on, Assault Squad 2 is your call!

We also want to thank you for your support and trust! Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is already on the road to be the most successful title in the series and we will make sure it deserves this spot!

Happy gaming! :)

juIQxNKr.jpg yCvZOsry.jpg hE3OtZuD.jpg yuEm6Bnj.jpg SASOjLyH.jpg uRb5kTSe.jpg 7LxOfvlc.jpg clQGhP0s.jpg VSZcPyNT.jpg

Edited by Smurf

Are there any SP campaigns or this game focuses on MP mostly?

SP = Skimirish; Mostly you have to advance on enemy's positions and "conquer" the map. No big deal, focus is on MP.

Last update for the upcoming release:

We are nearing release and just published a new update for Men of War: Assault Squad 2.

The update features the release of the Commonwealth faction, which consists of British, Canadian and ANZAC forces!

Included are also new multiplayer maps as well as new skirmish missions for the Commonwealth, alongside with various other fixes and improvements.

For the full list, please read the Change-Log.

Your Steam Client will automatically update your game.

Enjoy and see you in-game!

Changelog: http://steamcommunity.com/app/244450/discussions/0/540733523822983644/#c540740500947682712

Again, didn't played as much as I wanted to.

This game is pretty awesome, the editor is even better you can build some epic missions from full scale war to stealth missions.

I don't like the arcadish feeling of it. Matter of taste i suppose (i only had two days to try it though).

Edited by ProfTournesol

I don't like the arcadish feeling of it. Matter of taste i suppose (i only had two days to try it though).

Its pretty moddable, ive already been having a ganders at the effects :p