Sign in to follow this  
FLYBOY4258

Reload on the run

I don't think you can reload on the run in OFP. I belive the engine only allows for 1 action at a time. Theres running, and reloading. 2 things, they can't both be done at once.

Is it possible to make a running/reloading animation, as in doing both in one animation. That way you could make an action command, in a script, which ran this animation and when it's done your script could simply fill the clip.

It's probably simpler than that but there you go. wink.gif

Okay, I didn´t know soldiers were taught to reload on the run. I was not, at least. The AG-3 clips are quite heavy, and if you drop one on the ground, it will bury itself in the sand or mud, and you can kiss your weapon goodbye.

Also, reloading when having fun with the guys *SORRY for the typo! biggrin.gif* on the shooting range is not like reloading when you are running for your life. Just a reminder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Aug. 09 2002,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FLYBOY4258 @ Aug. 09 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

ok for the record about the old forum a DU round out of the M82A1 will go throught the armor of a T-72 and the 30mm of an A-10 will cut throught a tank like a hot knife through butter.

</Snip><span id='postcolor'>

Sir, that horse is long dead, stop flogging it!

Stop taking the information you find on CS fan sites as gospel. The M82A1 can penetrate up to 34mm of Rolled Homogeneous Armor (RHA) equivalent, which is not enough to penetrate a T-72 anyplace where it matters. You also don't seem to understand what RHA is, or you'd stop equating the potential penetration depth with armor thickness.

Lastly, there are no DU rounds for the M82A1 in the US arsenal.<span id='postcolor'>

Not to mention angle of impact and deflection. Layered composites and absorption liners.

And Frag is 100% correct, there is no DU round for any M82 system. The SLAP (Sabot Light Armor Penetrator) has a tungsten carbide penetrator, not depleted Uranium. Hmm... you would think someone that 'says' they where issued it and trained on it would know what ammo is available for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ Aug. 09 2002,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

Also, reloading when having fun with the gays on the shooting range is not like reloading when you are running for your life. Just a reminder.<span id='postcolor'>

God, I hope that was a typo... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Aug. 09 2002,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lucidity @ Aug. 07 2002,08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sprinting accuracy should be like aiming now (while you're moving). Running accuracy should be like when you're badly injured now & just moving you should be able to make a fairly accurate shot. Realisticly firing a weapon is not always from a stopped position, so why should the game simulate that you should be in a fixed position when you're using your weapon?<span id='postcolor'>

You're joking right?<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, sorry for the bad idea. I was only stating how much more realistic accuracy could be (or at least what I think it could be), contrary to how it is. What do you think?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lucidity @ Aug. 10 2002,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Aug. 09 2002,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lucidity @ Aug. 07 2002,08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sprinting accuracy should be like aiming now (while you're moving). Running accuracy should be like when you're badly injured now & just moving you should be able to make a fairly accurate shot. Realisticly firing a weapon is not always from a stopped position, so why should the game simulate that you should be in a fixed position when you're using your weapon?<span id='postcolor'>

You're joking right?<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, sorry for the bad idea. I was only stating how much more realistic accuracy could be (or at least what I think it could be), contrary to how it is. What do you think?<span id='postcolor'>

It's quite easy to hit someone from hundreds of meters away when you're not moving as it stands.  I doubt anyone in the world could do that consistently while running, firing from the hip no less.  If you use the iron sight view and move it is possible to aim accurately while moving slowly.  

I think aiming is easy enough, possibly too easy.  For instance, the gun doesn't shake/wobble if you aim in one place for too long (to simulate muscle fatigue), I don't think wind effects the trajectory of your bullets, they don't travel upwards initially meaning if close to a target you should have to aim slightly lower (do they loose height over long distances?), loads of other stuff too that I haven't considered.

In short, shooting is considerably easier than "real life" in OFP, I think your suggestions would make it totally arcade (no offence intended).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sparky @ Aug. 10 2002,18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's quite easy to hit someone from hundreds of meters away when you're not moving as it stands.  I doubt anyone in the world could do that consistently while running, firing from the hip no less.  If you use the iron sight view and move it is possible to aim accurately while moving slowly.  

I think aiming is easy enough, possibly too easy.  For instance, the gun doesn't shake/wobble if you aim in one place for too long (to simulate muscle fatigue), I don't think wind effects the trajectory of your bullets, they don't travel upwards initially meaning if close to a target you should have to aim slightly lower (do they loose height over long distances?), loads of other stuff too that I haven't considered.

In short, shooting is considerably easier than "real life" in OFP, I think your suggestions would make it totally arcade (no offence intended).<span id='postcolor'>

Accuracy in a stationary position & moving slowly is fine, my point is that it bcomes too -arcade- once you start running. I don't want the game to be easier or harder, just more realistic. I'd really like to be able reload while I'm sprinting for the next ditch to take cover in, & maybe pop off a few rounds that might have a chance at hitting one of the enemy. Not just fire knowing my shots will be flying way off into the sky, so the purpose of shooting is not to only make myself a more visible target.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they don't travel upwards initially meaning if close to a target you should have to aim slightly lower<span id='postcolor'>

Yes they do. And yes, bullets in OFP are also affected by gravity, so they'll drop over distance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't want the game to be easier or harder, just more realistic. I'd really like to be able reload while I'm sprinting for the next ditch to take cover in, & maybe pop off a few rounds that might have a chance at hitting one of the enemy.<span id='postcolor'>

Hate to burst your bubble ... but reloading while sprinting is pretty much impossible as far as I know. You'll probably end up dropping your mags, or grinding your face into the ground.

Besides that ... when sprinting for some cover, the last thing you'd want to do is turning around to fire some shots at the enemy (you'll have aprox. 0.01% chance of hitting anything remotely in their direction).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my point is that it bcomes too -arcade- once you start running<span id='postcolor'>

Nope .. your ideas would make it too arcade smile.gif

Having to stop to reload sucks full stop tounge.gif you should not be able to run, but the slow~walk would be perfect!. BUT! if you absolutly have to stop. at least make us kneel down to reload, and not just stand there like an incapacitated dummy waiting to be shot!! sad.gif . if you gotta stop at least make less of a target of us!...

PS. so what if some kid is on a military fantasy!.who appointed anybody here his judge&jury. you've picked your (militantly prideful wink.gif holes in him!. any more is just as assine as pretending you're a Gyrine...

If he was a pediaphile or something I could understand your tenacity.

The game reloads extremely fast. If you want the game to be even more realistic, have it so that you can't see how many more bullets are left in your magazine (assuming you don't have clear plastic mags). In addition, you absolutely MUST stop to reload a weapon like most machine guns.

And what about malfunctions? 1 out of every 100 rounds (depending on the weapons system) should be a malfunction, and fixing that takes at least as long as the game currently takes to reload.

From my training experience, squad level firefights are often extremely clumsy, and people that get shot almost never see the person that shoots them. People trip over stuff, fall down, drop magazines, bla, bla.

Everyone is always trying to be more effecient and streamlined, but that's because nothing ever is. Everyone seems to think that whatever is happening right in front of them is the most important thing going on. And after the experience, everyone has their own personal account of what happened.

Quit complaining that "I can't move while I reload." I like certain limitations, and I'd like to see my guys sometimes tell me to "F*ck off," when I tell them to do something stupid.

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Aug. 11 2002,09wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hate to burst your bubble ... but reloading while sprinting is pretty much impossible as far as I know. You'll probably end up dropping your mags, or grinding your face into the ground.

Besides that ... when sprinting for some cover, the last thing you'd want to do is turning around to fire some shots at the enemy (you'll have aprox. 0.01% chance of hitting anything remotely in their direction).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope .. your ideas would make it too arcade smile.gif<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

sprinting and aiming FORWARD (as in an attack) mr.BubblePopper. No-one in their right mind would turn around in a full sprint & fire a weapon. But in defence since it's sucha HORRIBLE idea to do anything but STOP while being chased by guys with fully automatic weapons, why would it make sense to have a chance at shooting back.

Since I stated that I so badly want the game to be arcade style, I was thinking about maybe skinning my guys with white shirts with red bull's eyes on them.

But I'll shutup now since I'm on a game diminishing rampage.

I suggest that Veteran mode gives the option of disabling the feature of seeing how many bullets you have left in your magazine.

I also suggest Veteran mode gives us the option of disabling that feature where helicopters maintain their altitude in AGL instead of MSL.

In addition I suggest Veteran mode gives us the option to disable LAW/RPG reloading. It's not only unrealistic to have 4 LAW rockets and take out an entire platoon of BMPs but also highly "arcade" in my opinion.

Last but not least Shilka/Vulcan/Avenger cannons should shoot in bursts and should somewhat try to mimic barrel overheating. They should also (if possible and allowed by Flashpoint game engine) try to shoot as many bullets (per second) as they do in real life. I find it almost impossible to succeed as a gunner in anti-aircraft vehicle.

I agree that maybe OFP should feature mag-change on the go , but one condition:

The mag-change should take atleast 7-8 seconds and you should only be able to walk slow, not run and deffinately not sprint. wow.gif

I like Advocatxxx's suggestions too:

-No automatic height-adjustments in vet-mode

-1 lawlauncher = 1 shot , not reloadable (Put more launchers on the back of the soldier instead)

i didnt know there was an ammo indicator. i'm still trying to turn it on. te only indicators i have are in veichles or it tells me what weapon is selected no ammo counter.

That is because you have

A: Some addon that is conflicting with OFP such as That addon which I can't remember right now

B: A hacked, cracked, or otherwise pirated copy of OFP.

Bollox!,

The ammo counter only comes on when you use your 'Toggle Weapon' key...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> te only indicators i have are in veichles or it tells me what weapon is selected no ammo counter.<span id='postcolor'>

That is the ammo counter!. It tells you how many magazines you have, and how many rounds are in 'te' current mag' wink.gif ...

mine doesnt actually count down how many rounds are remaining nor count up of how many rounds were spent it just tells the name of the weapon and how many clips.

M_S_Holder  I dont know what military your in, but I have never had a malfunction that would happen 1 out of every 100 rounds. Also you CAN reload on the run. I have done it a few times. "From my training experience, squad level firefights are often extremely clumsy, and people that get shot almost never see the person that shoots them. People trip over stuff, fall down, drop magazines, bla, bla." What the heck is up with that? Are you in some third world country's military. If you have that much problems with your gun you should clean the damn thing, and dont over oil it. The time it takes to hit your magazine release, put your old magazine away, grab your new mag out and load it in, should only take you about 6 sec. And it only takes that long if you dont drop your clip or have it tied to your strap.

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ Aug. 16 2002,11wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also you CAN reload on the run. I have done it a few times. "From my training experience, squad level firefights are often extremely clumsy, and people that get shot almost never see the person that shoots them. People trip over stuff, fall down, drop magazines, bla, bla." What the heck is up with that? Are you in some third world country's military. If you have that much problems with your gun you should clean the damn thing, and dont over oil it.<span id='postcolor'>

Well perhaps that tripping thing was about this:

If you run and reload at the same time, it is likely that

you can't observe so well, and that may cause you getting

tripped and dropping your mag. And you have realize

that some panic and tunnel view will reduce your performance.

And what that over-oiling has to do with anything?

And, what I don't understand, is that what's the big deal about the reload

on the run. I think it's much better to hit the dirt, reload, seek target,

fire and then move on.

over oil can cause a jam along with other problems

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ Aug. 16 2002,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">over oil can cause a jam along with other problems<span id='postcolor'>

Not if you remove the oil before shooting.