Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

The sound thread

The sound isn't behind you, it's always at your position even though the sound source must be created at bush's

The sound isn't behind you, it's always at your position even though the sound source must be created at bush's

The sound should be created as you enter the bush, not as you leave it.

Bigpickle and InstaGoat have a point.

I wish BIS just added reverberation post-processing that would've solved a lot of issues that JSRS will bandaid

And THIS ^

Bigpickle and InstaGoat have a point.

And THIS ^

i agree

I think they should increase the volume of gunfire in the distance. It's too quiet right now.

Weapon sounds are great but explosions are very weak...I hope they are placeholders just like the effects coming with them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Why isnt this in Arma vanilla?

Edited by NordKindchen

Ground vehicles need some tweaks too..the audio samples are for the most part fine but they are just so gosh darned quiet, the hunter is as loud as the offroad for example, sound's like a kitten rather than a tiger.

I believe that reverb is done by the scripts and other tricks atm in arma3

but arma needs to support it by the sound engine itself aka Post-Processing Enhancement of Reverberation

Can we have a clarification on whether sound occlusion will be back or is it gone for good and why?

I believe that reverb is done by the scripts and other tricks atm in arma3

but arma needs to support it by the sound engine itself aka Post-Processing Enhancement of Reverberation

Well, IMO reverb in ArmA 3 is not done by any scripting, it is just a soundfile gunshot with recorded long tail-off to it. It sounds exactly the same way outdoor as indoor, no matter what density of building is around the shooter, vegetation/trees, terrain shape. I might be wrong because i didn't played A3 for some quite time right now and it could change but Im not a believer it did.

Reverb topic is quite wide area to cover - do we talk only about reverb or also the echo/reflexes artifacts off nearby/distant objects/trees? These sounds must be generated in 3D area, sound placed in 3D space within listener hearable area. That way it would sound more natural. Moreover it is possible with stereo sounds and directx 3d sound that is in series since OFP.

It just needs quite of work to do but with dedicated professional sound team + programmer it couldn't be a problem.

Im all for it to call the sound engine "new".

I have no ambient sound by loading a saved mission !

If I start a mission the sound works without problems, but if i save a mission and load it again to play I have no ambient sound !

only the steps or shoots works.

have anybody the same problem?

pls help

thx in advance

^ Wrong place. You should try in here: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?161-ARMA-3-BETA-TROUBLESHOOTING

But check:

All I can say is that ArmA series always had issues with loaded saves, like in A2OA loaded muzzle fire if not shooting a gun.

You could also make a ticket on this on FT - Im sure it would be much more noticeable by devs than here on forums.

Edited by fragmachine

Well, IMO reverb in ArmA 3 is not done by any scripting, it is just a soundfile gunshot with recorded long tail-off to it. It sounds exactly the same way outdoor as indoor, no matter what density of building is around the shooter, vegetation/trees, terrain shape. I might be wrong because i didn't played A3 for some quite time right now and it could change but Im not a believer it did.

Reverb topic is quite wide area to cover - do we talk only about reverb or also the echo/reflexes artifacts off nearby/distant objects/trees? These sounds must be generated in 3D area, sound placed in 3D space within listener hearable area. That way it would sound more natural. Moreover it is possible with stereo sounds and directx 3d sound that is in series since OFP.

It just needs quite of work to do but with dedicated professional sound team + programmer it couldn't be a problem.

Im all for it to call the sound engine "new".

Actually it's enough to simply implement different reverb areas like it's done with EAX, EFX and in many engines with their own proprietary tech.

A player will never tell if the reverb indoors sounds like that because of a preset or because sound reflects from walls in real time. However a player will easily tell that the sound indoors sounds the same as outdoors which is how it is in ArmA.

It's not like BIS even has to code something from scratch themselves, there are many solutions like the aforementioned EFX which will work on any system and is very resource-light.

If you guys want to improve your sounds and overall gaming experience -

-_-

Lol I thought you were serious but tht was funny.

Quite frankly I really don't like the gun sounds, the pre canned reverb/echoing effect being exactly the same EVERY TIME just shatters any immersion I would have into little pieces :(

Better place for this than any other:

There is a bug with the map and ambient sound. If (for example) you are the passenger in a vehicle and you open your map, eventually (a few seconds) you will not hear any ambient sound including the vehicle engine. Playing tonight and a couple of people said the same. We were playing on the stable branch.

I think the weapon firing sounds are really really good (except the Mk200 which sounds awful and the cannon firing sounds I'm not a fan of), seriously great job Bohemia.

There is a bug with the map and ambient sound. If (for example) you are the passenger in a vehicle and you open your map, eventually (a few seconds) you will not hear any ambient sound including the vehicle engine. Playing tonight and a couple of people said the same. We were playing on the stable branch.

i noticed this a long time ago in the alpha, still same issue yesterday.

happens in SP/MP/EDITOR

they added an echo inside the tracked vehicle in latest dev patch, damn, thats a good start! Hopefully thats not all they gona do with echoing. Needs to be applied in open world as well!

Jepp noticed that echo too. But to be honest - the way it is atm souds rather buggy and annoying.

Echo is a nice thing but it needs to be adjusted badly^^

I created an issue for this problem some time ago: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8539

If you guys want to improve your sounds and overall gaming experience -

Well I heard it but in my taste too heavy for the ears :)

they added an echo inside the tracked vehicle in latest dev patch, damn, thats a good start! Hopefully thats not all they gona do with echoing. Needs to be applied in open world as well!

Wonder if it is soundfile or real-time filter? Can't check atm.