Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Whats the use for these m4a1 accessories?

sopmodm4.jpg

The use of some of them is quite obvious, but a few things are troubling me confused.gif

1. What is a "Visable Light" (located right about the grenade launcher)? Is this just a flashlight, or is it EXTRA visable?

2. What is a "Visable Laser" (Above the foregrip)? Just a laser sight or what?

3. What is the use of the AN/PEQ-2 IR pointer/illuminator?

Visible light and laser are (i belive) light you can see without the aid of NV/IR goggles.

The laser pointer illuminator is basically like having a cross hair. THe weapon wont have to be shoulderd for a good shot

I hope im not wrong here

confused.gif

visible light = flashlight.

visible laser = red point

AN/PEQ-2 = IR laser pointer, visible only with NVG thus retaining a certain degree of invisiblity.

a deeper explanation:

flashlight - entering dark areas, work both on illuminating a large area and blinding the other side.

draw back: you are anouncing your presence world wide. to be used in absence of NVG's.

red point- its essensially a sight, that points LOS of the barrel, good up to 50 meters, and your signature is much smaller, although you have to be very careful with it, since it still can give you position away.

IR laser pointer - same as above but is unvisible to the naked eye, thus demanding the user to be equiped with NVGs.

a major plus is that in order to detect you the opponent have to have a NVG'

a major minus, is that ppl tend to be over confident in that plus, and if the bad guy has NVG, they are up to a nasty surprise.

i've myself used this kind of equipment both with MG and M16A1, and it a very good sight, though you need to be extra careful not to use it too much.

Ok, great. Thank you both, just what i needed smile.gif Next question...

Is everything in that picture proportionate? I'm playing around with it in photoshop... biggrin.gif

Iv seen some M4 pictures with the AN/PEQ-2 mounted and it looked smaller. Dont know if that was the same model though...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is everything in that picture proportionate?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it's all to scale.