purple

benelli m4 super 90 pack by Purple

Hello Mates,

i was a little bit away from ARMA3 lately (but i still check the forum from time to time), but yeah, im still supporting the mod. I'll try to look into it and update the mod with a fix if i can... thanks for your feedbacks. I've already noticed this issue and indeed, i thought it was due to bug with the shotgun shell implementation....

Hello Mates,

i was a little bit away from ARMA3 lately (but i still check the forum from time to time), but yeah, im still supporting the mod. I'll try to look into it and update the mod with a fix if i can... thanks for your feedbacks. I've already noticed this issue and indeed, i thought it was due to bug with the shotgun shell implementation....

Hey mate, glad to see you're still around. The fix I posted previously has seemed to work out fine for the shotguns I've worked on (in so much as it removes the error message, and doesn't seem to have any negative impact, at least none that I have found thus far).

Thanks Jackal, i'll try your workaround and keep you updated whether it fixed it. As for the animation, i really would like to improve them but i really suck at animations ... (i have a script in the work to reload the shotgun with a shell at a time, but i still miss a good anim for that).

stay tuned for updates

Guest HellGhost

Hi Purple,

You know, I think that the animations can wait a little ;)

The little errors that always pop-up the dialogs box should be the first priority I think.

Because like the Benelli is a clos range weapon, getting this kind of bow during action completely break all the action haha !

I say that I think, but it's your mod, so it's your entire choice to select what need to be done first ;)

Thanks for this mod, I delete it actually since I don't have any way to fix this issue, but when that will be fixed, I just use it again, these tactical shotguns are really great !

@Purple

Your animations are taken from A2 that use different face bones than A3, that produces RPT errors with missing bones etc. You need to remove all face bones when reusing A2 rtm's in A3.

Done the work for you on this one. Package contains both binarised and unbinarised proper animations so you can see what I've done to them. So if you can please update your addon with these.

prpl_benellim4.rar

Could you fix errors animations?

Thank.-

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Purple, when reloading the shotgun while prone, the unit now stands for the duration of the reload animation, and then is immediately prone once it is complete. In every other stance, the animation runs smoothly (crouching, sitting etc...). It is just while prone.

Hi Purple, when reloading the shotgun while prone, the unit now stands for the duration of the reload animation, and then is immediately prone once it is complete. In every other stance, the animation runs smoothly (crouching, sitting etc...). It is just while prone.

Are you using v1.2 (i.e. the latest version)? That issue was fixed as far as I remember.

Hey Jackal, yeah, I am using version 1.2. Is it possible for you to double check what I am seeing? Is it possible the latest DLC has messed it up?

Hey Jackal, yeah, I am using version 1.2. Is it possible for you to double check what I am seeing? Is it possible the latest DLC has messed it up?

The shotgun animation has been messed up since day one as it never had a prone version to use (hence it would default to standing you up to reload whilst prone) - Note, this isn't Purple's fault as he used BI animations that are part of the ArmA3 data files that were never finished due to shotguns not being included in the final game (for various reasons).

I'll re-downloaded v1.2 and see whats going on.

EDIT: It seems v1.2 still uses the broken BI animations for reloads

reloadAction = "GestureReloadM4SSAS";

So until Purple (hopefully) updates it to use different animations (or new shotgun-specific ones) we/you are S.O.L.

Edited by Jackal326

I think the reload system is messed up. I only can reload by "shift + F" which is pretty annoying. Any ideas how to get it loaded by "R" again?

6 minutes ago, cyclone83 said:

I think the reload system is messed up. I only can reload by "shift + F" which is pretty annoying. Any ideas how to get it loaded by "R" again?

The author Purple was last active on the forums in December 2016. Hopefully they find the time to fix the issues in the future. 

I'm sorry for quickly posting before properly testing. I found out that my complete reloading system is messed up, not only for the Benelli. Though pistols are reloading by the default key properly, no rifles will reload anymore at all. Not even vanilla stuff :(

I will do some research now for clarifying if it's mod related and if so, which one it messes the reloading up.

EDIT :

ArmA 2 Cut scenes mod was the cause ;)

I believe the original creator is MIA, So i doubt there will be any updates. The source files are there for anyone to fix though.

8 hours ago, WastedMike_ said:

Any plans for an update or adding to steam workshop?

The author Purple was last active on the forums in December 2016. Hopefully they find the time to fix the issues in the future. 

I will close this thread, if the author needs to re-open the thread he can contact a moderator.