purple

benelli m4 super 90 pack by Purple

ASDG Rails support: the final step to glory!;)

Now, this mod is nearly perfect!

All works very well!

Thanks again!

you're welcome Flipper, im now working on to update the textures and fix a few things... so more updates will come in the future

cheers, Purple

Hello guys, i released the version 0.6 with a quick fix for a script bug

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

update v0.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@prpl_benellim4.png

@ Purple;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hi i get this when im using it maybe you need to add a nil check

Error in expression <) displayRemoveEventHandler ["KeyDown", keyDownBenelli_EHId];

_origPrimWeap = >

Error position: <keyDownBenelli_EHId];

_origPrimWeap = >

Error Undefined variable in expression: keydownbenelli_ehid

File prpl_benelliM4\s\STOCK\STOCKwep.sqf, line 30

this is what you need todo

if(!(isNil "keyDownBenelli_EHId"))then {

(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveEventHandler ["KeyDown", keyDownBenelli_EHId];

};

@armatech: thanks for the feedback mate ... i'll include the fix in the next update,

cheers, Purple.

there is also 2 error in the STOCK_deployed and STOCK_raised functions

retract:

if (_secWeapMag != "") then {

player addMaga>

Error position: <_secWeapMag != "") then {

player addMaga>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _secweapmag

File prpl_benelliM4\s\STOCK\STOCK_deployed.sqf, line 123

Extend:

if (_secWeapMag != "") then {

player addMaga>

Error position: <_secWeapMag != "") then {

player addMaga>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _secweapmag

File prpl_benelliM4\s\STOCK\STOCK_raised.sqf, line 143

To fix

STOCK_deployed Line 92 add

if(isNil "_secWeapMag")then{_secWeapMag = "";};

if(isNil "_handGunMag")then{_handGunMag = "";};

STOCK_raised Line 108 add

if(isNil "_secWeapMag")then{_secWeapMag = "";};

if(isNil "_handGunMag")then{_handGunMag = "";};

Hey Purple,

Thanks for making this and using ASDG JR!

Quick config advice:

Because you're referencing these external classes:

class asdg_FrontSideRail;	// External class reference
class asdg_OpticRail1913;	// External class reference

You should list the mod they belong to into your requiredaddons cfgpatches class:

requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers", "asdg_jointrails"};

This will prevent having warnings in the RPT and possibly game save corruption.

For maximum compatibility, for every external class you're referencing/inheriting in your config, you should find which addon it belongs to and add that to requiredaddons.

Cheers!

hello Robalo!

ok thanks for the tip! I'll fix it ... also thanks a lot for your addons!

cheers, Purple.

I am noticing on this mod and your FAMAS mod that the standard NATO sniper is missing his scope and so is the standard AAF sniper when those mods are activated. I believe you had fixed it awhile back but it looks like it reappeared (maybe I am confusing the fix with the R3F Armes, because they too had a similar problem, but it was fixed, something with the rifles scope sway config I think).

Keep up the great work and both mods are spectacular, especially this one due to there being no shotguns in the vanilla Arma 3.

If no one else is receiving this bug, then please ignore this post and I will mull through the game settings on my own machine.

Is it possible to have pre made ammo boxes for your Benelli and your FAMAS packs, for ease of use, Like many other weapons mods have? Just Curious? I don't have much knowledge on how to make my own with the weapons in them. Thanks!

Is it possible to have pre made ammo boxes for your Benelli and your FAMAS packs, for ease of use, Like many other weapons mods have? Just Curious? I don't have much knowledge on how to make my own with the weapons in them. Thanks!

Hey dude, watch

made by Jester814.

The classnames for the different weapons and ammo types are included in the readme that comes with the pack!

~

Purple, it seems you can't reload these shotguns while being in the prone. My character seems to stand up straight and then start to reload, thank the holy lord the characters hitbox stays in prone form!

Also the reload animation (the bit at the end when he loads the chamber) seems a tad lengthy.

Great work so far and thank you for bringing shotguns back to the Armaverse!

(Oh and the sounds are really nice as well, watching npc's flop to the floor after a good strike with a sluground has never been this satisfying.. )

Purple, it seems you can't reload these shotguns while being in the prone. My character seems to stand up straight and then start to reload, thank the holy lord the characters hitbox stays in prone form!

I just came here to see if this bug was already reported. Edit: And I see it's an unused BIS animation. Now we have to wait until BIS adds the prone animation.

About the reloads: It's always the 8 round animation, will you do a shorter one for 6 rounds? I don't think you can change it per magazine, so it wouldn't help when using 6rd mags in the long version, but it would be a good reason to use the short one. Even with the same animation, you could speed up the reload time per gun.

Edit: Well, I guess in A3 you now can change the reloadanim (and so -time) per magazine: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Custom_reload_animations

New animations are needed though.

As arthuro said: Nice work and thank you.

Edited by Scruffy

Hi guys,

sorry i was quite busy IRL lately, i'm releasing the version 1.0 of the benelli pack.

I've added a removeable muzzle break you can add to your rifles... and mainly updated materials and textures. Check the first post for links...

A screenshot:

7efa5dce-b559-4836-b670-31a08a79ed2d.jpg

@Scruffy & arthuro12 : looking into those reload animations thing will be my next task; Im not happy at all with the long and boring animation, especially since you can't interrupt it ... stay tuned

Edited by Purple

Nice work Purple, again.

arma3_2014_05_17_16_2dqjuq.jpg arma3_2014_05_17_16_27ak15.jpg

Will you try to do a "just" new animation or something scripted? I wanted to try something myself and found you kind of use the way I wanted it to work with your collapsible stock already. Didn't get very far when I remembered my talent for scripting. Anyway i'm excited :)

@Scruffy: thanks; ideally i would like to find a way to simulate reloading shells one by one and have a single animation for reloading one round; Im thinking of binding a shortcut to "override" standard reload to reload a single round and not a whole "mag". If i can figure out how to do it, you'll have to press that shortcut 8 times to reload 8 rounds (or keep it pressed until the gun is full), or press R to reload all 8 rounds at once the standard way

Neat :)

That's the way I wanted to try. Since you can't manipulate a loaded magazine you need to remove the weapon, add a first mag and the gun again. You hide the normal 6/8rnd ones and make a second "magazine" that's just a simple shell to give to the player. When the player reloads remove one of his 1rnd mags from inventory and the gun, add a normal mag with 2 shots, repeat +1.

Even fancier possibility to add if this even works: Save which ammo was reloaded, buckshot or slug and after firing change the mag accordingly.

Maybe you need to remove all the 1rnd mags so Arma doesn't load them first when they are already in the inventory. That might shuffle your inventory quite a bit. You could also not allow the 1rnd mags to be loaded inside the gun and check a custom_magazines[]={}; array and the inventory. Instead of a "proper" reload, because you have no working mags, the script could fake it and have the player play a hand gesture, after all that's what it already does when reloading. Using this Arma might do strange stuff though and throw out the 1rnd mags when dropping/picking up weapons because they are useless to the game.

That were just some ideas I had what could work and could go wrong. Never tested any of it, but I saw you use most components already in your scripts, checking inventory/config and removing/adding the weapon.

Edit: Also found this to check for reload key, but not action menu reload: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173330-Execute-code-when-unit-reloads-weapon&p=2625285&viewfull=1#post2625285

Edited by Scruffy

I am noticing on this mod and your FAMAS mod that the standard NATO sniper is missing his scope and so is the standard AAF sniper when those mods are activated. I believe you had fixed it awhile back but it looks like it reappeared (maybe I am confusing the fix with the R3F Armes, because they too had a similar problem, but it was fixed, something with the rifles scope sway config I think).

Keep up the great work and both mods are spectacular, especially this one due to there being no shotguns in the vanilla Arma 3.

If no one else is receiving this bug, then please ignore this post and I will mull through the game settings on my own machine.

I am showing that the vanilla Sniper units are no longer missing their scopes since the update, but the FAMAS pack still has the same problem, maybe whatever you corrected on this mod's attachment inheritance(if that's what's causing it) can be applied to the FAMAS pack as well?

Keep up the great work!

Edited by distractor2004
bug still persisting with FAMAS Pack

@Scruffy: Yes that's the idea... since you can also add a new mag and specify the amound of ammo in it; Let's say you have a 8rnds mag in your inventory: then when you "reload" a single shell, you can remove that mag, add a new one with only 1 round, remove add the weapon again so the gun is loaded with the 1 rnd mag; and add a new 7 rnds mag instead of the 8 rnds mag... For each iteration, you can get the number of ammo in the weapon, remove the loaded mag, replace it with a new mag + 1 rnd, and add a new mag in the inventory decremented of 1. The only limitation, is that once you've loaded a round type, all the following rounds will be of the same type. But if you track all the mag in memory, you could theoretically have multiple ammo types mag...

anyway, i don't know why Bohemia coded the weapons and mags like they did, this is so poorly designed... and it is like this since OFP, that's depressing; It would have been so easy to code it right from the start and simulate ammo, magazines load, weapon, chamber ... etc ... correctly

All those realism issues related to weapon handling in ARMA are just that: poor coding design from the start. Im almost sure most of the source code of ARMA3 is basically OFP code that they never touched...

@distractor2004: i'll look into it; I thought i corrected that bug already with the famas pack ...

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

@distractor2004: i release version 0.13 of the famas pack to fix the issue

Edited by Purple