purple

benelli m4 super 90 pack by Purple

Dear comrades,

im happy to release my first benelli pack. That's still a beta version so there may be some bugs and stuff that are not perfect, but i considered it already advanced enough for a release, so here it is.

I want to thank Oliie for helping me with the sounds.

some screenshots:

b2658274-983d-46f4-ab7e-209774ad17b1.jpg

b3b76344-1216-4d43-b77a-e3e0869c4225.jpg

1174fbfd-6514-4fcb-8c65-313e2b5e0e40.jpg

7efa5dce-b559-4836-b670-31a08a79ed2d.jpg

Version 1.1

- now compatible with 1.24

Version 1.2

- fix issue with ammo

- added incremental reload option (not animated yet)

- use CBA keybindings for weapon options: default SHIFT-H for stock, SHIFT-F for loading a round

requires ASDG Joint Rails

As always with my packs, they are open source so feel free to get the source files, modify them etc...

download links:

binarized addon:

mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3pfwgqfwbheb4cg/prpl_benelliM4_1.2.7z

playWithSix: http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/prpl-benellim4

armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21870

source pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1QUAobMgri5cTZUQXZWSk85R28/view?usp=sharing

also available through google drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1QUAobMgri5UE5HTGZ3cHNHek0&usp=sharing

Edited by Purple
  • Like 1

Cool stuff mate, thanks for the release.

always a fun weapon, thanks for these..

Wow. Lol, what an epic screen shot. Nice! Looks like one of those example photos you get on the back of a game cover.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Purple

Thank you for this mate-but mostly for your good intention to include the *src file so you can help

an irrelevant poor bastard some-day..

Wow. Lol, what an epic screen shot. Nice! Looks like one of those example photos you get on the back of a game cover.

Thank you for that's comment ;) that's always a pleasure to work on a screen with those creation who are done by our modding community

Just a request, could you make it take up the AT launcher position? No one would really use the shotgun as a primary, so its more of a misc weapon when it comes to warfare, like door breaching and room clearing. It would be nice to carry a rifle, a shotgun and a sidearm if possible. And the weapon is absolutely fabulous! It so damn sexy

Just a request, could you make it take up the AT launcher position? No one would really use the shotgun as a primary, so its more of a misc weapon when it comes to warfare, like door breaching and room clearing. It would be nice to carry a rifle, a shotgun and a sidearm if possible. And the weapon is absolutely fabulous! It so damn sexy

If it's possible it would be awesome ! i really like the idea

By the way I forgot to add, i found some bugs, one, the shotgun buckshot shells do not knock down the knock down target boards. Two, sometimes when im prone and reload, my character automatically stands up and reloads, and when reload is completed, i magically go back to prone position. And lastly, in the virtual ammo box, the weapon displays double buckshots and slugs, so instead of being able to select 2 options, you have duplicates of each shell type. Just thought you should know

That would be cool if you could mount on the back like AT. Then we could have 3 gun competitions added similar to the firing drills.

thanks for the feedbacks mates, i'll look at the issues and bugs ...

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

I tried to shot target boards and even if i increase the damage value of the ammo, i can't knock them down. So i guess that's a bug inherent to the BIS ShotgunBase ammunition model (the ammo is still effective against human targets though!)

I can try to include shotguns for the AT inventory slot; I remembered that there were issues in OFP that prevented standard weapons to work with AT slot (like inheritance problems etc)... i'll give it a try... In the meantime, you could just bring the extra shotgun in a backpack ... I quite like the shotgun usable as a primary, that's mainly a weapon for CQB/CT/HR ... or shooting zombies :) I think it will fit nicely the police/GIGN/1stRPIMA units out there :)

i think when ACE will be ready for ARMA3 they will include the secondary weapon slot... i don't know why Bohemia did not allow more flexibility with inventories (like been able to put any weapon in any slot as long as you don't go beyond your weight carrying limit)... nevermind

Oh just to ask, Purple, the mod says more than 8 variants of m4s, my virtual ammo box only lets me choose one, the standard full length m4 with 8 round cap and a collapsible buttstock, and there is no ammo box for it at the moment =/

Any idea how i can use the other variants? And I found another bug, weapon ammo replenishes when you collapse or extend the stock, so if i have fired 3 shells, i should have 5 left, but when i collapse or extend the stock, ammo automatically goes back to 8

Edited by Blackwater13

Actually, because all variants have the same name, the VAS just adds one (it will be fixed in next release); In the meantime, you should use a script to add other variants in a box; The readme file includes the list of all variants:

----------------------------------------

weapons class names:

prpl_benelli: benelli M4 super 90 with collapsible stock (18.5" barrel)

prpl_benelli_rail : benelli M4 super 90 with front lower rail and collapsible stock (18.5" barrel)

prpl_benelli_14 : benelli m4 super 90 entry with collapsible stock (14" barrel)

prpl_benelli_14_rail : benelli m4 super 90 entry with front lower rail and collapsible stock (14" barrel)

prpl_benelli_pgs : benelli m4 super 90 with pistol grip full stock (18.5" barrel)

prpl_benelli_pgs_rail : benelli m4 super 90 with pistol grip full stock and front rail (18.5" barrel)

prpl_benelli_14_pgs : benelli m4 super 90 with pistol grip full stock (14" barrel)

prpl_benelli_14_pgs_rail : benelli m4 super 90 with pistol grip full stock and front rail (14" barrel)

Magazines class names:

prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Pellets : 8rnds 12 gauge buckshot

prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Slug : 8rnds 12 gauge slug

prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Pellets : 6rnds 12 gauge buckshot

prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Slug : 6rnds 12 gauge slug

For instance, in order to add them to an existing box, just put in the init field (through the editor) the following lines (copy and paste in editor):

this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli",5];this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_rail",5];this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_14",5];

this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_14_rail",5];this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_pgs",5];this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_pgs_rail",5];

this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_14_pgs",5];this addWeaponCargo ["prpl_benelli_14_pgs_rail",5];this addMagazineCargo ["prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Pellets",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Slug",100];this addMagazineCargo ["prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Pellets",100];this addMagazineCargo ["prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Slug",100];

As for the magazine that is replenished, actually your used mag should be your inventory; The issue is that how mags are handled in a very stupid way in ARMA (i don't congratulate the dev that came up with this poor design...) the weapon automatically load the fullest mag in your inventory; That's the same issue as when you pick up a new gun, its automatically loaded given the mags in your inventory ... i will spend some time to find a way to fix that.

Tomorrow evening, i'll release a new version that includes some of the fixes ...

Edited by Purple

quick fix released: version 0.2, check first post for links

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

it does not work for me...latest beta, cba, r3f,fhq. i'm using the r3f for the pbo and bisign. straaaaange :(

what do you mean by "it does not work" ? The addon doesn't load ? Be sure you put all the files from the addon (pbo and bisign) in any @XXX/addons folder that is loaded ingame and that's all.

For me it works ! nice addon , nice fix now you need to work on some camo version ahah : really nice work !

@ purple ...thats exactly what i'm done... for years ;) ... no other mod's are active...hmmm ...no idea!

Very good work! Especially the abilty to retract the stock - impressive! A HK 416 or SCAR Mk16 with this feature...:rolleyes:

Two issues:

- The rpl_benelli_14_rail doesnt reload, finds no correct ammotype...? Only my problem?

- The items (pics in menu) of slug and pellets are the same.