Sign in to follow this  
midgetgrimm

Will I need to be a genius or know physics to play this?

I picked up KSP because I wanted to fly around in space and land and all that, when I started playing I was expected to know about rockets and lift and thrust and all the math with it. Is this going to be the same or is it going to at least have an 'easy' mode where you can play and explore, becuase I love that stuff. I just don't the crazy math or any of that. So do I have to be a genius or can any ole fool play this game. I love to explore and enjoy the scenery...

Hi,

No you don't need to be a scientist to play this, in fact you control individual parts of the rover with WASD. At the same time, the vehicle is fully simulated, so what's happening in the background is detailed. As for scientific results, those are realistic, but are not literally necessary for you to read.

There are ideas on adding more simulation, however there would always be a difficulty setup so that not everyone is forced to use it.

I picked up KSP because I wanted to fly around in space and land and all that, when I started playing I was expected to know about rockets and lift and thrust and all the math with it. Is this going to be the same or is it going to at least have an 'easy' mode where you can play and explore, becuase I love that stuff. I just don't the crazy math or any of that. So do I have to be a genius or can any ole fool play this game. I love to explore and enjoy the scenery...

You only need a rough understanding of space travel to play KSP, basics of going in orbit and orbit transfer. For the rest, use your instinct and experiment, it's more fun that way :)

I didnt know nothing about that in KSP. I started playing some half a year ago, and still, best i have done is put a tiny rover on Duna (which run out of electricity as soon as it landed). But im proud of it :)

Amazing.

Can we control the camera masts and instrument masts?

Yes, you can control 2 parts of the rover simultaneously, which can of course be selected. This means that you can select to drive with WASD and use the mouse to turn the mast. Or, you could control the main part of the robotic arm via WASD and control its head using the mouse.

Yes, you can control 2 parts of the rover simultaneously, which can of course be selected. This means that you can select to drive with WASD and use the mouse to turn the mast. Or, you could control the main part of the robotic arm via WASD and control its head using the mouse.

Awesome, thanks for replying back. This is why I love BI! I look forward to when this comes out...come on tomorrow!

What about launching and landing, I hope we have some efforts in that, man I'm excited!