Sign in to follow this  
Jalio

Ever thought of Take On Space?

Take On Space?

A question for the devs really. I would just like to know the teams feeling on that as I think Take On Mars will be fantastic. :)

Take On Space?

A question for the devs really. I would just like to know the teams feeling on that as I think Take On Mars will be fantastic. :)

Personally, I would love to see things develop into a project of that scale, though we'll see how things go. Europa at minimum would be epic to explore.

Personally, I would love to see things develop into a project of that scale, though we'll see how things go. Europa at minimum would be epic to explore.

I know its kind of off-topic, and I generally don't post on forums, but I would love to see Bohemia interactive and the take on developers do a deep-sea exploration series. The underwater segments in Arma 3 are phenomenal, I would dearly love to see and be able to manager a huge underwater facility, for exploration and scientific gathering, perhaps with a platform base above the ocean. Like Take on Mars, with the rovers, you could have unmanned submersibles and other equipment. I think like Take On Mars, its another final frontier you could say that has yet to be really explored. From what I've seen of the Take on Mars, im really looking forward to it.

Im sure there would be plenty of ideas and goals that could be implemented to really capture the crowd, especially with how open Bohemia are to mods.

Also, one question, in regard to Take On Mars, i'm wondering if there will be a typical sandbox mode? where you can freely do what it is you want, if there is enough scope there, or will it be indefinitely mission based?

I know its kind of off-topic, and I generally don't post on forums, but I would love to see Bohemia interactive and the take on developers do a deep-sea exploration series. The underwater segments in Arma 3 are phenomenal, I would dearly love to see and be able to manager a huge underwater facility, for exploration and scientific gathering, perhaps with a platform base above the ocean. Like Take on Mars, with the rovers, you could have unmanned submersibles and other equipment. I think like Take On Mars, its another final frontier you could say that has yet to be really explored. From what I've seen of the Take on Mars, im really looking forward to it.

Im sure there would be plenty of ideas and goals that could be implemented to really capture the crowd, especially with how open Bohemia are to mods.

Also, one question, in regard to Take On Mars, i'm wondering if there will be a typical sandbox mode? where you can freely do what it is you want, if there is enough scope there, or will it be indefinitely mission based?

That I would love to see, we know less about the oceans on this planet than we do the moon, it would be an exciting game! That being said I love space, but who knows you could combine the two like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_Saturn_System_Mission

but I would love to see Bohemia interactive and the take on developers do a deep-sea exploration series.based?

Count me in for that! in fact a few have mentioned that in the Arma 3 forums as well, many would like to see this.

And thank you Dram for the reply.

That would make a pretty cool DLC for this game. Take On Europa, a tiny moon of Jupiter that's said to have a vast ocean underneath its icy surface.

Yes there is, the Editor mode allows you to create scenarios or just play around with everything.

And thank you Dram for the reply.

You are most welcome.

Take on Space Programs which will eventually evolve into Take on Galactic Civilizations 3 since SD is taking its sweet time. :mad:

A full blown program would be sweet, with other core game-play elements being introduced in a episodic fashion (DLC)

all this is classified as my secret project... tsk tsk :cool::p

Take on Space Programs which will eventually evolve into Take on Galactic Civilizations 3 since SD is taking its sweet time. :mad:

A full blown program would be sweet, with other core game-play elements being introduced in a episodic fashion (DLC)

I love you, hardly anyone likes galciv like me ):! GalCiv2 Twilight of the Arnor is my favourite game ever! I really hope they do a GalCiv3 :D

anyway remember that prior going on Take On Space you would need create project on smaller scale :) then expanding :) more gamez !

anyway remember that prior going on Take On Space you would need create project on smaller scale :) then expanding :) more gamez !

Until the ultimate 'Take on the Universe!' in which every aspect of the universe is modelled ;)

Any chance for modding capabilities? I'd think it'd be great to see what the community could come up with, such as maps like the Moon and Venus, and maybe some units like astronauts to send to Mars that is in the works by NASA right now(Woo!).

There is a huge space for community content. At the moment there is an ingame editor where you can make your own scenarios or maybe whole new campaigns. In the future we will give you even more tools to play with. ;-)

As my colleague mentioned, we will be releasing the Workbench suite, a toolset for making locations, particle effects, viewing objects and so on. The game itself at this point supports custom locations (they are also dynamically added to the campaign if a campaign scenario is present for the location, so you can extend it forever), custom vehicles, custom everything, though steam workshop support is limited at the moment and will be significantly improved in the future.

Question...I always see that you take your games and what you have learned from them and apply it to others. Will that be the case for this game towards Arma 3? IED rovers? =)

Well considering Take On Mars uses the enforce engine, not the real virtuality engine, then from a technical standpoint there is not much that can be carried over. However, from a gameplay perspective, of course one learns from every project, but I do not see too much that would be carried over to A3 in this situation.