Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Custom weapon iron sight zeroing

Have anybody idea how to make a custom weapons to use iron sight zeroing? like on MX etc

I have this in my custom class

discreteDistance[] = {100,300,400,600,800};    
discreteDistanceInitIndex = 1;
weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";

It is not working and i have no idea why - in OA it worked simple and easy :/

Seems to work fine for the weapons I've been working on. The only difference I can see between your code and that which I have been using is that I don't have 'weaponInfoType' defined and instead simply inherit from the 'Rifle_Base_F' class.

Tried it without 'weaponInfoType'​ and still not working - custom weapon is inherited from the 'Rifle_Base_F' class

Perhaps its a "feature" BI have added in a recent patch. Do you run the Dev Branch or the 'Stable' branch? I haven't booted up the game in a couple of weeks so my info might be null and void and my code may no longer work either :/

Edit: After booting up the game for the first time in weeks, it must be something BI has "fixed/changed/edited/broken" (delete as appropriate), as zeroing no longer works for the rifles I had coded up (and that previously worked fine).

Edited by Jackal326

I've ran into the same problem. Optics zero fine, however the iron sights not. Maybe a special hardcoded memory point is required?

Edit: Actually interestingly the weapon actually zeros. You can try shooting at something close you will see lift in the ballistic arc. Just cant seem to see the distance in the UI.

Edited by Soul_Assassin

latest dev branch changelog mentiones this:

"Fixed: Weapons picked up from crates are missing zeroing function"

havnt tested as at work atm but this maybe the solution. My test weapons were exclusively from crates

latest dev branch changelog mentiones this:

"Fixed: Weapons picked up from crates are missing zeroing function"

havnt tested as at work atm but this maybe the solution. My test weapons were exclusively from crates

Yes its fixed :)