progamer

Realistic Jumping Script

Realistic Jumping/ Running Vault Script

Special Thanks to Zooloo75/Stealthstick for allowing me to create this standalone version of a jump script from his discontinued Stratis-RP mission!

Features:

- Jumping Animation

- Causes Fatigue

- Jump height based on weight

Installation

Included in the download is a mission with the script setup to work in.

Add this to your init.sqf. Or create a text file called init.sqf

execvm "jump.sqf"; 

Copy the Jump.sqf to your mission folder.

How to use:

Start running and double tap the "C" Key to use.

Version:

- release

- random movement when jumping should be fixed.

- Jump height is now based on weight.

- Double tap the "C" key to use now.

-displaySetEventHandler was replaced with displayAddEventHandler, which will prevent the script from accidentally overwriting other event handlers.

Known Issues:

- Head snaps forward when jumping.

Credits:

- Zooloo75/Stealthstick for the original script.

- F2k Sel for helping fix the errors and bugs.

Download:

news_download_a3_3.png

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1e9fzpq76acqfhq/P2AxYrpJQQ

Video:

Edited by ProGamer

Hi

I have problem add this to trooper? execvm "jump.sqf";?

Make a text file in something like notepad or notepad++ and name it "init.sqf" without the "". Then add

execvm "jump.sqf";

Edited by ProGamer

What key is it V?, if so I cant get it to work. :(

NVM I got it. Press C while running or sidestepping Nice.

Edited by pillpopper123

What key is it V?, if so I cant get it to work. :(

Updated the post on how to use.

Sorry guys, this is my first time posting a script to for any Arma game.

If you are not looking at a jumpable item in the game you jump forward, if you are looking at jumpable item he jump's to the side...

Can this be the problem ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ycxNRgaagE

I think its more along the lines of being pulled certain directions.

I think its more along the lines of being pulled certain directions.

Whatever it is BI must include this, and make it so that you can jump when around 2 foot from a jumpable item which will keep the bunny hopping mentalist happy... :)

Mine has a jumping animation and is in script form. Meaning it can be added to a server without having a player download a mod. Mine also is more realistic.

Edited by ProGamer

Thanks a lot for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound!

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

If you think it lets you jump to high, don't just say "way to high", say how high it should be.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

Having the weight of what a player carries and wears affect the jump height is on the list of things to do.

Good work man :cool:. Thank you for this great script, and I hope that there will be upgrades ;)

Nice.

One question : How do we changed the key to doublepress C because when I am in crouch and sneaking up on someone I press stand to run faster but the soldier jumps and ruins the transition between crouch and stand..

Still rocks. :)

Mine has a jumping animation and is in script form. Meaning it can be added to a server without having a player download a mod. Mine also is more realistic.

In what way is more realistic than the addon?

In what way is more realistic than the addon?

That other Jump Mod is more like jump fly land. :(

This one is built into Arma3 already and is more real and fluid, and dose not need more addons, I'd rather add all this by default than loading up more addon's. :)

Edited by pillpopper123

That other Jump Mod is more like jump fly land. :(

This one is more real and fluid, and dose not need more addons, I'd rather add all this by default than loading up more addon's. :)

sure thing, this being a script makes it much easier. Just curious about the "more realistic" part of it.

So the range is less, i presume? anyway, looks good non the less!

sure thing, this being a script makes it much easier. Just curious about the "more realistic" part of it.

So the range is less, i presume? anyway, looks good non the less!

Sure is good, just need's assigning to 2xC key press so you don't jump up going from crouch to stand... :P)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

NVM I've assigned it to 57 (space bar) in

if ((_this select 1) == 57 and speed player >8) then {

Edited by pillpopper123

I really like this, thanks for sharing.

The only issue I'm wondering about is the fact that it's a script, and there is a keybind associated with it. If I understand correctly, this theory works great if everyone uses the same keybind set up. My issue, being an odd sort of fellow, is that I never use the default setup for keybinds in most games that I play. I tend to rebind things to the way I think they feel best for me.

So, if I add this script to my mission, and I change the keybind to suit myself as pillpopper has done, then when I host a buddy to play - what if he doesn't want it on that key?

I too usually prefer scripts over addons, but if there is a keybind involved, is it better to offer and addon version with a userconfig/config.hpp?

The only issue I'm wondering about is the fact that it's a script, and there is a keybind associated with it. If I understand correctly, this theory works great if everyone uses the same keybind set up. My issue, being an odd sort of fellow, is that I never use the default setup for keybinds in most games that I play. I tend to rebind things to the way I think they feel best for me.

So, if I add this script to my mission, and I change the keybind to suit myself as pillpopper has done, then when I host a buddy to play - what if he doesn't want it on that key?

I too usually prefer scripts over addons, but if there is a keybind involved, is it better to offer and addon version with a userconfig/config.hpp?

Right now, it is set to a single key for everyone, if you look up what number corresponds to each key. You can change this key.

Having jump on the C key is fine but it would be much better double pressing the C key to stop you from jumping when you go from crouch to stand.

Is it possible to add 2xC UI key code in this SQF script ?.

I set vault to 302 which is 2XV key then tried it with the C key but nothing happened.

How do you set a double press in the keyboard UI key code?.

I wish I knew what the hell I was doing, lol.

Edited by pillpopper123

Having jump on the C key is fine but it would be much better double pressing the C key to stop you from jumping when you go from crouch to stand.

Is it possible to add 2xC UI key code in this SQF script ?.

I set vault to 302 which is 2XV key then tried it with the C key but nothing happened.

How do you set a double press in the keyboard UI key code?.

I wish I knew what the hell I was doing, lol.

Got your wish!

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 ----------

Only way I could make it work like that would be using a data base like vas or something.