cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

I cannot see a link to download this, am I being an idiot?  :wacko:

I cannot see a link to download this, am I being an idiot?  :wacko:

I've fixed that, there was an issue with the download server and it was offline for some reason and just noticed.

I've just pushed an update so ill add the change log below.

-Fixed an issue with connecting to the server via command Line

-Ability to add your admin name via command Line

-Fixed an issue that was causing notifications to ignore the timeout

-Fixed the banlist not showing! (Should never be an issue again)

Spending more and more time on discord, if you want support or help you can join discord here.

https://discord.gg/babel-siren-bio

Hello, i'm using EPM RCon right now because i'm bored of DaRT. The only suggestion I could make, would be to add the country (from the ip) before the name of each player, like this

5y8ZAGn.png

• Like 1

Hey, the download for this is 404ing for me. Is this a known issue or have you discontinued this project? 

Thanks

Hey, the download for this is 404ing for me. Is this a known issue or have you discontinued this project? 

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out :P 

i've got the node back online and i've also get the globaldb back online so people can start using that again.

Hi Cortez, wondering if you can explain this oddball finding since the 1.58 patch

So, the setup

Arma3 server on default port 2302

Rcon port defined in BattleEye BEServer.cfg as 2301

Using your tool, if i set the port value to 2301 i cannot connect with RCON

If I set the port as 2302, default Game port, i can connect without any issue

I Initially thought they had blundered the RCON port implementation, so I removed the RConPort 2301 line from the BEServer.cfg and restested.

I was then unable to connect to either port, which destroyed my assumption they had blundered the implementation

I now assume that when your tool connects to the gameport it redirects to the RConport defined in the BEServer.cfg

I understand that BE checks all packets coming into the game port

What is the RConPort used for ?

I am failing to see the point of this, I was hoping you could explain it to me.

Hi Cortez, wondering if you can explain this oddball finding since the 1.58 patch

So, the setup

Arma3 server on default port 2302

Rcon port defined in BattleEye BEServer.cfg as 2301

Using your tool, if i set the port value to 2301 i cannot connect with RCON

If I set the port as 2302, default Game port, i can connect without any issue

I Initially thought they had blundered the RCON port implementation, so I removed the RConPort 2301 line from the BEServer.cfg and restested.

I was then unable to connect to either port, which destroyed my assumption they had blundered the implementation

I now assume that when your tool connects to the gameport it redirects to the RConport defined in the BEServer.cfg

I understand that BE checks all packets coming into the game port

What is the RConPort used for ?

I am failing to see the point of this, I was hoping you could explain it to me.

Sadly at the moment your understanding of the new RConPort is most likely the same as mine. I need to have a word with Battleye / Dwarden over the new features to try and get some solid answers.

All i've done is set the RConPort in the BEServer.cfg to something completely random on 4 different servers and im able to connect to the server just fine on those ports. I've tried things like 2472, 222, 221. Each one of those has worked without any issues so i suggest you shoul do the same.

Feel free to hit my up on skype with your findings and if its something i've broke in the rcon or something Battleye need to change / fix let me know. 

Sadly at the moment your understanding of the new RConPort is most likely the same as mine. I need to have a word with Battleye / Dwarden over the new features to try and get some solid answers.

All i've done is set the RConPort in the BEServer.cfg to something completely random on 4 different servers and im able to connect to the server just fine on those ports. I've tried things like 2472, 222, 221. Each one of those has worked without any issues so i suggest you shoul do the same.

Feel free to hit my up on skype with your findings and if its something i've broke in the rcon or something Battleye need to change / fix let me know. 

Hello

I heard that we have to add the Rcon port and RconIP in BEServer.cfg

But how can we add several IPs ? 

Because i added 127.0.0.1 for BEC on my server, but i can not add my personnal IP to connect with EPM ?

Hello

I heard that we have to add the Rcon port and RconIP in BEServer.cfg

But how can we add several IPs ? 

Because i added 127.0.0.1 for BEC on my server, but i can not add my personnal IP to connect with EPM ?

Remove the RConIP field inside the BEServer.cfg

Just a question but have you ever thought of making a mobile version of this? Like for Android or Apple to use on your phone? I use it on my laptop so I have my game machine free but a mobile version would be pretty handy..not sure if that's feasible or possible but just a thought..great tool by the way!

Diesel

Hello, i'm using EPM RCon right now because i'm bored of DaRT. The only suggestion I could make, would be to add the country (from the ip) before the name of each player, like this

5y8ZAGn.png

I second this suggestion, that is if the OP is even still around and willing to update. This tool works so much better then DART.

Problem:
No connection to DB (MySQL) from 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 (works from Win7/10)
Logfiles of MySQL do not show a login attempt.
Tested on 6 different Servers (4x 2008 R2 - 2x 2012 R2)

Could there be any Redis missing in WinServer machines?

Possible to take a look at it or will it be scrapped/Discontinued anyway, due to ArmAd?

Edit:
.Net Framework 4.5.2 is installed

*Update:
Something seems not/faulty be written to the Settings.xml on the Server. When uploading it from my PC to the Server -> Works instantly.

Im trying to set up rcon tool and reading all these posts. im abit confused on where to put BEServer.cfg in server files or in my computer fills. also does something have to be add to command line? in server?

Would anybody here happen to know what the maximum kick message / ban message length is? We'd like to include as much detail as possible in our bans so the player thoroughly understands the reason.

Is there a feature for the EPM RCon to automatically connect to a server upon launch. I thought I saw say that that was a feature in another forum but I have not been able to find it. I may have misread an the other post may have meant that the rcon automatically reconnects if the rcon was already connected and the server instance restarts. I really like the EPM RCon however the feature of automatically connecting on launch is kind of a deal breaker for me as I have my dedicated server restart daily and I don't want to manually start the rcon every time the server machine starts.

Thanks! 

No updates on that for a long time? And other program avaliable?

Currently I help administrate one of Oceania's largest Arma 3 networks, so it's a little tricky for us to test this in chat while a fairly substantial number of players are online.

Would anybody here happen to know what the maximum kick message / ban message length is? We like to include as much detail as possible in our bans so the player thoroughly understands the reason.

64 characters is maximum for each.

Is there a feature for the EPM RCon to automatically connect to a server upon launch. I thought I saw say that that was a feature in another forum but I have not been able to find it. I may have misread an the other post may have meant that the rcon automatically reconnects if the rcon was already connected and the server instance restarts. I really like the EPM RCon however the feature of automatically connecting on launch is kind of a deal breaker for me as I have my dedicated server restart daily and I don't want to manually start the rcon every time the server machine starts.

Thanks! 

If you initially connect to the server, after each restart it should reconnect straight away once the restart is complete.

• Like 1

Bug Report.

Text message sebt to the server chat channel from within the Rcon gui is not seen ingame by the clients

Verified and can be duplicated

Feature request:

Could you group the users by ID? Maybe put them in a treeview? It's a little bit confusing with all these entries in the database window.