cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

Cant get this to work, download, click exe, nothing..Doesnt work.

Edited by brucehamill

In new ver i cant get "load bans" to work. When i choose "load bans" they never load and i can see the program starts using a lot of cpu.

I can also see in ASM (Arma Server Monitor) that NTO (Network Traffic Outgoing) raises to aprx 9000-10000 kbytes/s and only goes down

again if i close EPM.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;2800830']In new ver i cant get "load bans" to work. When i choose "load bans" they never load and i can see the program starts using a lot of cpu.

I can also see in ASM (Arma Server Monitor) that NTO (Network Traffic Outgoing) raises to aprx 9000-10000 kbytes/s and only goes down

again if i close EPM.

strange' date=' i know it works but i had some issues while trying to get a very large banlist, due to a bug that i was talking over with bastian. Try loading the bans list using another rcon and let me know if that works or also fails. If it works ill take another look at it and see what i can come up with.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Beta 0.9.9.7

- General Code Cleanup.

- Added the ability to reload scripts and events at the same time with a single button press.

- Added the ability to clone existing favourites.

- Changed some DNS settings for the global DB and our auto updater.

- Fixed a bug with the Notifications being triggered by admin messages.

- Added the ability to scroll through previously sent chat messages.

- Added country locations of players in the players table.

- Fixed a bug that caused the rcon to run with a 100% CPU Usage.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Dorph;2801754']The banlist works fine when i use the 0.9.9.6 exe.

Would you do me a massive favor and get a hold of me on skype, if i could use your server to debug the 0.9.9.7 banlist code that would be handy.

Does EPM (0.9.9.6) cashe/buffer the banlist somewhere?

I have something strange going on where i seem to have some players banned even with an empty bans.txt. and to my knowledge i only use EPM and BEC =).

Other interesting thing is that i can only see the connect and the immediately disconnect in the logs no message about a ban or so. They on the other hand get "You got banned"

Thanks

Hello,

I try to get this tool to run,but always the message:Could not connect to server!

Here is my Server Info:

Iam using a Dedicated Windows Server from Game Server Company No Local Machine.........

here is my BEServer.cfg

its called BEServer.cfg on Ftp so the extension is .cfg created with notepad++

content of the file is

RConPassword mypass
MaxPing 200                              

the pass has no numbers or case sensite no space or anything like that only a space after RConPassword.

I try then to connect via BERCon.exe tool there it says

invalid password could not log in

So the Problem is anywhere on my Server

any idea?!

Edit:

Got it Fixed problem was its not the main Battleeeye folder on my end of the server company i use it was different one

BTW Nice Tool ;)

Edited by Tango2k13

Does EPM (0.9.9.6) cashe/buffer the banlist somewhere?

I have something strange going on where i seem to have some players banned even with an empty bans.txt. and to my knowledge i only use EPM and BEC =).

Other interesting thing is that i can only see the connect and the immediately disconnect in the logs no message about a ban or so. They on the other hand get "You got banned"

Thanks

Hi,

No the Rcon does not cache the banlist, what it sounds like is your server is using the ban.txt which is found in your root arma 3 folder and not the bans.txt which is used by Battleye.

Go check to make sure your ban.txt is empty :P

I'm having difficulty finding any reference to any command line arguments.

Is there any?

If there are, could you list them on the initial post in this forum, that would probably be the best place for reference

I'm partcularly interested in being able to connect to a given server via a command line argument.

IP, password etc

Strike that. I found them.......

Beta 0.9.6.0

- Ability to launch and connect to your server via command line. Switches are -ip=address -password=password -port=port.

Edited by Terox

Started using this today. I'm not sure I've survived so long running servers without it!

Couple of questions - Could the chat log show the name of RCON admins when they log in?

And I'm also not getting anything in the bans tab, even though I had two 'customers' for it during testing. :)

Last one.. When an RCON admin logs out of the tool, the log doesn't show anything for other admins still logged into it?

And another thing.. :) In the players tab of the RCON, could we see the player score?

Edited by Tankbuster

Started using this today. I'm not sure I've survived so long running servers without it!

Couple of questions - Could the chat log show the name of RCON admins when they log in?

And I'm also not getting anything in the bans tab, even though I had two 'customers' for it during testing. :)

Last one.. When an RCON admin logs out of the tool, the log doesn't show anything for other admins still logged into it?

And another thing.. :) In the players tab of the RCON, could we see the player score?

Hi Tank,

Dont think i will be able to show the rcon admin names in the chat log, but i will take a look at it, if your admins are using the admin naming feature inside the rcon it self, any message sent to the server should show their name and so should any logs saved by the rcon.

Banlist is a known issue and im working on fixing it, its taking a while due to me having one other major project going on at the moment.

Not sure a logoff message is sent via the BE Protocol so i dont think that is something i can do, but again ill look into something.

playerscores "Might" be a possibilty, seeing as i was doing some steam queries in another project i will take a look into scores and see if i can tie that into the rcon.

Fixed the banlist!

2015021903410948.png

I will try and push out 0.9.9.9 some time today for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks for still working on this.

Bug Report: v0.9.9.9 (Beta)

Selecting Load Bans, returns error:

Banlist was invalid, retrying now

Also sometimes causes the app to crash

I believe this was around on earlier versions too

What I did notice though, was a ban added yesterday via the RCON tool, was not listed under the bans listing, when the option/Reload Bans was selected even though it was listed in the BattleEye\Bans.txt

Could you please explain what the difference between the 2 menu options is

• Option/Reload Bans
  • Option/Load bans

Other info that may be useful

Private MySQL database used

-profile switch used

BE in same folder as the arma3server.exe

Ban added by another user, using older version than the latest

Thanks for still working on this.

Bug Report: v0.9.9.9 (Beta)

Selecting Load Bans, returns error:

Also sometimes causes the app to crash

I believe this was around on earlier versions too

What I did notice though, was a ban added yesterday via the RCON tool, was not listed under the bans listing, when the option/Reload Bans was selected even though it was listed in the BattleEye\Bans.txt

Could you please explain what the difference between the 2 menu options is

• Option/Reload Bans
  • Option/Load bans

Other info that may be useful

Private MySQL database used

-profile switch used

BE in same folder as the arma3server.exe

Ban added by another user, using older version than the latest

The rcon will continue keep trying to get the banlist untill it returns one that is valid, what currently happens is the banlist likes to include part of the playerlist, which if it does, the rcon will tell it self that the banlist is not valid and it will disregard that attempted that will retry. In my testing it only took 1/2 attemps to get a banlist and return about 5,000 entires each time across multiple banlists.

Im busy adding loads of error logging into the rcon along with a Log file that will be placed in the same folder as your setting.xml. This should make error finding and reporting loads easier.

Here is an explaintion to those two commands

Reload Bans: Loads the bans.txt or any other ban files specified server side only. So if you've gone in and edited the bans.txt file serverside that ban won't kick / ban that person until that command is sent via an RCon Tool.

Load Bans: Fetches a copy of the bans.txt or an other bans files that the user has specified. The list will show inside the bans tab with the RCon.

If you want to load more than one bans file currently you can use this command via the rcon. !loadBans ban1.txt ban2.txt ban3.txt

please note that you can name those files anything you want!

The private MySQL database was created so communitys have a place to store their players information. Unlike the local database that is just a selection of players that YOUR RCon can see, the private database is a collection of information from mulitple different RCons.

So if you've got 5 admins, setting up a private database might be an idea so you can find players if one admins is offline and his local database was the only one with the player information in it, then having a private db the other 4 admins would be able to pull the information needed.

It does not matter if one person is running the first ever released version of our RCon and another is running the latest build, the bans are all handled the same way so that won't effect anyone. The same goes if one admin is using DaRT or battlewarden and the others are using EPM. That won't have any effect on banning a user or pulling the banlist.

If you want any more info please let me know and ill do my best to explain.

For me Rcon just crashes on Launch. I have no idea what is going on but desperately need Rcon ! I have tried running as Admin and still dosent work!

Here is the Error code.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: EPM RCon Tool.exe

Problem Signature 02: 0.9.9.6

Problem Signature 03: 534eaf40

Problem Signature 04: System.Xml

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34230

Problem Signature 06: 53be3829

Problem Signature 07: 985

Problem Signature 08: 27

Problem Signature 09: System.Xml.XmlException

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: a10f

Additional Information 4: a10ff7d2bb2516fdc753f9c34fc3b069

Read our privacy statement online:

REMOVED LINK

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

REMOVED LINK

Please Help!

If for any reason the rcon crashs on start up please go to %appdata%\EPM DayZ RCon Tool and delete your settings.xml

On a side note, anyone that updated to 1.0.0.1 i will be reploying an update tonight to fix the broken playerlist.

If for any reason the rcon crashs on start up please go to %appdata%\EPM DayZ RCon Tool and delete your settings.xml

On a side note, anyone that updated to 1.0.0.1 i will be reploying an update tonight to fix the broken playerlist.

Thankyou !!!

Launching the latest version doesn't do anything on my Windows 8.1

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

NVM deleted the settings.xml recommended a page back and it worked

Hi Guys,

For the life of me i cant get this working, Im clearly being an idiot, Im using TADST to launch it. Im running the server on a VM thats local to me (is a public server that people are playing on and connecting too fine) I have to connect to the game locally to play etc. However I just get the message that it cannot connect. Im connecting to the games i.p locally 192.168etc i have also tried externally. I have created a BEConfig.cfg in both the steam arma3 directory and also the TADST battleye folder so i have the .dll's etc all in there.

the .cfg has this as its only txt

RConPassword password

MaxPing 250

is any one able to shine some light on the situation ? Im on TS quite often if that easier. the server is running Arma 3 console version 1.48 on port 2302. online gaming works fine as i said i just cannot get this to work. all help very welcome

I have also ticked the BattlEye box when launching in TADST (Tophe)

Hi Guys,

For the life of me i cant get this working, Im clearly being an idiot, Im using TADST to launch it. Im running the server on a VM thats local to me (is a public server that people are playing on and connecting too fine) I have to connect to the game locally to play etc. However I just get the message that it cannot connect. Im connecting to the games i.p locally 192.168etc i have also tried externally. I have created a BEConfig.cfg in both the steam arma3 directory and also the TADST battleye folder so i have the .dll's etc all in there.

the .cfg has this as its only txt

RConPassword password

MaxPing 250

is any one able to shine some light on the situation ? Im on TS quite often if that easier. the server is running Arma 3 console version 1.48 on port 2302. online gaming works fine as i said i just cannot get this to work. all help very welcome

I have also ticked the BattlEye box when launching in TADST (Tophe)

Try changing the ip address to 127.0.0.1 and port to 2302. 

If you can't get it running after that pm me your ts and ill pop on if i get a minute.

Is their any documentation for this..I'd like to use it for a server I am renting from NFO..I have all the info but cannot connect I seem to recall I need to make a cfg file but for the life of me I cannot remember what exactly I need to do...any help would be great thanks.

Diesel