cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

Can someone explain how to use the Teamspeak integration? I've added the teamspeak IP/port as well as my teamspeak UID/nickname and I'm not getting notifications, so confused.

Can someone explain how to use the Teamspeak integration? I've added the teamspeak IP/port as well as my teamspeak UID/nickname and I'm not getting notifications, so confused.

Hi,

So the Teamspeak part of the rcon uses Server Queries.

Under TS3 Connection Tab add the ip address for your server. The port is the Server Query Port which is NOT the same port players join with.

Then in teamspeak go to Tools -> ServerQuery Login and create a username there. That will generate a username and password needed for the rcon to send you messages.

If teamspeak is running on your dedicated box and you only have 1 server running then the server ID will be 1 by default. If you're renting teamspeak i suggest you ask your host for all this information.

Once again an idea for a helpful feature! :)

Often I find myself needing to send private messages to, say 2-4 people. Now to do that without sending the message to the whole server can be quite painful copy pasting and sending a private message to each and one of the players. How about being able to select a handful of players and send the same private message to each of them with one simple click? Could be done by selecting multiple players from the player list or a check box next to them...?

Hi,

So the Teamspeak part of the rcon uses Server Queries.

Under TS3 Connection Tab add the ip address for your server. The port is the Server Query Port which is NOT the same port players join with.

Then in teamspeak go to Tools -> ServerQuery Login and create a username there. That will generate a username and password needed for the rcon to send you messages.

If teamspeak is running on your dedicated box and you only have 1 server running then the server ID will be 1 by default. If you're renting teamspeak i suggest you ask your host for all this information.

Cheers, I got that info but now I'm not getting any notifications at all, not even if I have it set to flash or play sound. I installed EPM on another computer started from stratch testing the sound alert first and to begin with it just played every 15 seconds, I turned it off, restarted the app and now I'm not getting any notifications on that computer minimized or otherwise. Quite confused, any help would be appreciated =]

Cheers, I got that info but now I'm not getting any notifications at all, not even if I have it set to flash or play sound. I installed EPM on another computer started from stratch testing the sound alert first and to begin with it just played every 15 seconds, I turned it off, restarted the app and now I'm not getting any notifications on that computer minimized or otherwise. Quite confused, any help would be appreciated =]

I'd ignore the ts intergration fully for admin notifications for the time being, due to a mistype in the code its going to send you a message every time an rcon admin types or says something in the chat

That bug is fixed and working on making notifications a little better and more reliable atm.

Need some advice on setting up a global database for this.

I have to different game servers in 2 seperate locations and i need them to share the same ban list.

I want to host the database on one of these servers

I also want all the admins to share the same ban list, as in when 1 admin bans a player, they all have it listed on their bans list.

I am assuming this is done with the global database.

So my questions are, in order to achieve this, what do i need to do.

Which database app should i be using? (I only need it for this one reason, so something simple and ofcourse free would be ideal)

Cortez pm'd me on skype.

I needed mysql and to set up the private database

Edited by Terox

Hi Terox,

Please check you PM

By taking issues to pm's m8, you are not helping others who may have the same issues.

Best to discuss it here, incase it may help others,

[/color]

Hi Terox

I've created a file called BEServer.cfg into battleye folder.

This is the bepath: -BEPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma_3_Prova\BattlEye\BEServer.cfg -- there's no spaces after battleye

and i've the error: Could not connect to server!...

Help me please

this is the BEServer.cfg

RConPassword mare

MaxPing 600

Problem solved creating a folder in C:\battleye ;)

Another question...how can i see the side messages?

Edited by gianluzzz

Our server start up again at 4:00.

there is a possibility that the program by itself again reconnects with the server?

Thanks Terox for helping out answering peoples questions.

[/color]

Problem solved creating a folder in C:\battleye ;)

Another question...how can i see the side messages?

As long as there is more than 1 person on the server and side chat is enabled on the server you will see the messages in the rcon without having to do anything.

Lord_MDB the program should always try to reconnect, if it fails it could be something random stopping it ( a strange case with windows 8 ) but with windows 7 it seemed to have a 100% reconnection rate after server restarts and an uptime of 8 days without the connection dropping out.

I would also like to state that the download links on my site are fixed and people can download the rcon from there again.

As long as there is more than 1 person on the server and side chat is enabled on the server you will see the messages in the rcon without having to do anything.

Not entierly true.

You need 2 or more people on the same side before sidechat will be transimitted to the server | rcon ;)

Ie. if there are only 2 people on the server and they are on diffrent sides. sidechat will not be shown.

Not entierly true.

You need 2 or more people on the same side before sidechat will be transimitted to the server | rcon ;)

Ie. if there are only 2 people on the server and they are on diffrent sides. sidechat will not be shown.

Fair enough you win with your technicality, listent to what nuxil has writen above!

Cortez471 is it possible to implement the scoring system in the players table? It is a quick and dirty way to find out if someone is cheating, etc. :-)

Thanks in advance.

After Gamespy was removed :936: ,there is no way to get the scoretable from the server,

Unless its possible to query the steamApi for this info which i have not idea about.

If its not possible one would need to implement some server addon.

Using namedpipes, webserver etc that the rcon requests this info from..

hey

thanks for the tool, but can you add something that shows you from which country the players are?

for example in dart it shows a flag of the country

would be amazing : )

hey

thanks for the tool, but can you add something that shows you from which country the players are?

for example in dart it shows a flag of the country

would be amazing : )

Sorry for the not being as active as i once was, that feature is already in my dev build just need to find the time to finish the other features and release it.

I have been spending my time on doing another Rcon with less features but a more modern UI.

wpfrcon1.png

After Gamespy was removed :936: ,there is no way to get the scoretable from the server,

Unless its possible to query the steamApi for this info which i have not idea about.

If its not possible one would need to implement some server addon.

Using namedpipes, webserver etc that the rcon requests this info from..

Must be poss as this server browser shows score - even after gamespy's death. Look at first pic.

http://www.base16.net/projects/A3LEX/

Dorph;2753554']Must be poss as this server browser shows score - even after gamespy's death. Look at first pic.

http://www.base16.net/projects/A3LEX/

Ofc its possible, thanks to the steam API, that does not mean that its going to make its way into the rcon any time soon though.

Sorry for the not being as active as i once was, that feature is already in my dev build just need to find the time to finish the other features and release it.

I have been spending my time on doing another Rcon with less features but a more modern UI.

http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/screenshots/wpfrcon1.png

thanks for the answer

hope you release it soon : )

Thanks Terox for helping out answering peoples questions.

Lord_MDB the program should always try to reconnect, if it fails it could be something random stopping it ( a strange case with windows 8 ) but with windows 7 it seemed to have a 100% reconnection rate after server restarts and an uptime of 8 days without the connection dropping out.

I would also like to state that the download links on my site are fixed and people can download the rcon from there again.

with me on the computer it does not connect new

Then you set the or somehow with the start.exe which connects the program at startup?

greetings, your tool is amazing, but i have a few questions:

what kind of database is needed for local database?

how to connect to teamspeak? / is it possible to sync ts ban with server ban?

is there an startup command to join the server? for example -join or something like that?

Not sure i understand your question, could you try and write that so it makes more sense, i understand that english might not be your first language.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

greetings, your tool is amazing, but i have a few questions:

what kind of database is needed for local database?

how to connect to teamspeak? / is it possible to sync ts ban with server ban?

is there an startup command to join the server? for example -join or something like that?

Hi,

There is no set up that needs to be done by yourself inorder to use the local database. The rcon will handle all this and create it for you. If you still want to know its a SQL CE database.

The teamspeak part of the rcon requires a ts3 query login to work so that needs to be set up on your end, then you enter the information in the "more options" part of the rcon. It could be set up to allow you to ban players on the server and then ban them on ts3 via their ips.

There are start up commands that can be used if you want to automate the startup of the rcon. You need to open a program like cmd and type in "nameofexe.exe -ip -port -password" that should then auto connect you to the server.

Just came back to my PC after about an hour to find that EPM was taking up 99% cpu usage for some reason (fans going crazy!). The tool is almost constantly running and my pc is almost never turned off/restarted. This particular instance has been running for about 4 days. Don't know if it keeps any logs or whatever that may be useful but heres a cropped screenie:

rqynn6.jpg

If ift helps I had two instances running - one for A2 and one for A3. I shut down the one that was working normally to find that it was the arma 2 one that had gone rogue. The program itself appeared to be otherwise functioning normally

Edited by Sari

Just came back to my PC after about an hour to find that EPM was taking up 99% cpu usage for some reason (fans going crazy!). The tool is almost constantly running and my pc is almost never turned off/restarted. This particular instance has been running for about 4 days. Don't know if it keeps any logs or whatever that may be useful but heres a cropped screenie:

http://i57.tinypic.com/rqynn6.jpg

If ift helps I had two instances running - one for A2 and one for A3. I shut down the one that was working normally to find that it was the arma 2 one that had gone rogue. The program itself appeared to be otherwise functioning normally

Thank you very much for the report.

This is the strange bug that has only happened to my self once before while running it on my server for extended amounts of time and once for someone else. I've never been able to reproduce the issue which is a pain as i need to find out what is causing the issue.

Saying that though i do have a new version of the rcon coming out, this new version DOES have mutliserver support and i have an alpha build up and running. Once this build is done and in a state that we are able to release it then it should solve most if not all of the issues people have with the current rcon.