cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

TS3Server Address: Server IP

Username: ts query username

password: serverquerypassword

ServerID would be 1 if you only run 1 TS3 server from that 1 box

and in the Ts3 admins box add "U5sN2wuzOh1jAJrLffjaaxlbrcE=:Sari"

ahh cheers got it working (didnt realise it meant query user/pass)

Can anyone provide more info as to how to setup the TS3 connection? If I fill in the IP, port and my username (sari) and hit test connection the options box disappears and nothing else seems to happen. I don't have a clue how to find the server ID (google hasnt helped me much on that)

I have also entered "U5sN2wuzOh1jAJrLffjaaxlbrcE=:Sari" into the TS3 admin page

Hi Sari,

The TS3 connection part of the rcon uses server queries to send messages to you about kicks and bans that are coming from your game server.

Are you using the 0.9.9.6 Version of the rcon? it should have given you some sort of message letting you know that your settings were fine or that you have entered incorrect information.

Username and password should be the server query information you created by going to Tools -> ServerQuery Login.

If you're hosting the server yourself on a dedicated machine with no other teamspeak server running your server ID will most likely be 1. If its a paid for server i would recommend you ask your server hosting provider for that information. If none of that works i will give you a server query you can run to find the server ID

The information on the TS3 Admins page looks fine mine looks like JMDDukaea9zUHj1er9LmTiJu6jA=:Cortez so you've got that side of things done correctly.

I noticed yesterday an error with the TS3 Test connection button in any case and will try and get a hotfix out by the weekend to correct that issue.

---------- Post added at 05:02 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

TS3Server Address: Server IP

Username: ts query username

password: serverquerypassword

ServerID would be 1 if you only run 1 TS3 server from that 1 box

and in the Ts3 admins box add "U5sN2wuzOh1jAJrLffjaaxlbrcE=:Sari"

AH, just noticed there was a second page after sending a wall of text :P

Thanks Terox :)

Yeah I was using 0.9.9.6. Once i had the settings correct i did get a "connection sucessful" message, but when i was trying without a password, clicking test connection just made the whole options box disappear without any explanation.

hope that helps :)

I believe I read about another Rcon type tool out there that allows an Rcon admin to assign an ingame admin (at a voted in permission level). This would be a great addition to this tool

I believe I read about another Rcon type tool out there that allows an Rcon admin to assign an ingame admin (at a voted in permission level). This would be a great addition to this tool

The one issue i have is that BEC already does that, i don't really want this tool to become a replacement to BEC. I am looking into adding in a vote kick and vote ban system via the rcon and some smaller tweaks but ill consider this aswell.

Hello All,

I have been using Rcon for well a few weeks now, not that long. Well it was working fine last night.. I tried to log in today and i cannot connect to the server... and nothing has changed... on the server or on my end... anyone experiencing this??

The one issue i have is that BEC already does that, i don't really want this tool to become a replacement to BEC. I am looking into adding in a vote kick and vote ban system via the rcon and some smaller tweaks but ill consider this aswell.

I understand that, if possible though, this would be very much appreciated. I don't particular want to support the use of two apps, your tool is pretty much complete for us apart from this feature and it would mean having to give user support to our game admins for 2 apps instead of 1.

Either way, great tool and keep up the very much appreciated work you do for us.

Hi!

Im having some problems getting this tool to work... cant seem to connect to my server neither by the internet adress or by connecting to 127.0.0.1 localy on the server, any hints where i can be doing something wrong?

"Admin name" i can enter what ever i like to, right?

IP-adress i have tested both the servers internet adress and the localhost adress 127.0.0.1

Ports are double checked

Password is correct

firewalls are currently disabled.

Errormessage i get is just plain and simple "Could not connect to server!"

Please advice!

If you have double checked all the connection details to be correct, maybe try another rcon client and see if that works to pinpoint where the problem is?

Hi!

Im having some problems getting this tool to work... cant seem to connect to my server neither by the internet adress or by connecting to 127.0.0.1 localy on the server, any hints where i can be doing something wrong?

"Admin name" i can enter what ever i like to, right?

IP-adress i have tested both the servers internet adress and the localhost adress 127.0.0.1

Ports are double checked

Password is correct

firewalls are currently disabled.

Errormessage i get is just plain and simple "Could not connect to server!"

Please advice!

Hi manick,

You are correct about the admin name, that can be anything you like, it is there to allow users ingame to identify who they are talking to.

Make sure you all your settings are correct and you should be using the password that is set within the BEServer.cfg

I had an issue on my server using localhost due to firedaemon but that issue corrected it self.

You should be able to connect using both the internal IP and the external IP as long as the password and port are correct.

As stated before try connecting to the server using bercon supplied by battleye.

If you are able to connect using that tool then we know the issue is with the EPM Rcon tool and we can start to troubleshoot your issue.

Regards,

Cortez

Hi manick,

You are correct about the admin name, that can be anything you like, it is there to allow users ingame to identify who they are talking to.

Make sure you all your settings are correct and you should be using the password that is set within the BEServer.cfg

I had an issue on my server using localhost due to firedaemon but that issue corrected it self.

You should be able to connect using both the internal IP and the external IP as long as the password and port are correct.

As stated before try connecting to the server using bercon supplied by battleye.

If you are able to connect using that tool then we know the issue is with the EPM Rcon tool and we can start to troubleshoot your issue.

Regards,

Cortez

Hi Cortez, thanks for your answer!

Then im on the right track.. I can also spot the problem... BEServer.cfg, where is this file located?

Regards

Tommy

Hi Cortez, thanks for your answer!

Then im on the right track.. I can also spot the problem... BEServer.cfg, where is this file located?

Regards

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

It should be in the root Be folder, if it is not there you can create it in notepad. Make sure you call it BEServer and change the extention from .txt to .cfg

When the game server loads that should change to something like this BEServer_active_4acc.cfg

regards

cortez

Hi Tommy,

It should be in the root Be folder, if it is not there you can create it in notepad. Make sure you call it BEServer and change the extention from .txt to .cfg

When the game server loads that should change to something like this BEServer_active_4acc.cfg

regards

cortez

Got it!

And what should this file contain? :)

//Tommy

RCon Password Your_Password

MaxPing 200

MaxPing 200

^this

Made sure your BEServer.cfg looks like the above quote from Viba and you're good to go. Just make sure you place your own password where he has wrote Your_Password.

Thanks alot!

Im starting to suspect that my BEServer is not 100% complete since this was not pressent in the battleye folder from the beginning.

Is it correct that there should only be a beserver.dll, beclient.dll and a beserver.cfg in this folder?

Regards

Thanks alot!

Im starting to suspect that my BEServer is not 100% complete since this was not pressent in the battleye folder from the beginning.

Is it correct that there should only be a beserver.dll, beclient.dll and a beserver.cfg in this folder?

Regards

Thats correct, you should see the two dlls inside that folder and normally you have to create the BEServer.cfg unless you're with a hosting company and they should preconfigure it for you.

But once its created everything should work and you can start using the rcon.

Then i'll restart the server as soon as its empty, dont want to bother the players while in game :)

Server is hosted in my livingroom, got a diecent rigg @ a 250mbit connection at home, more then enough for Arma :D

Thanks again m8!

Then i'll restart the server as soon as its empty, dont want to bother the players while in game :)

Server is hosted in my livingroom, got a diecent rigg @ a 250mbit connection at home, more then enough for Arma :D

Thanks again m8!

I dont know what im doing wrong now... CFG added with password and everything, the file name changes as soon as the server starts but i still get "Could not connect to server!" :(

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

I dont know what im doing wrong now... CFG added with password and everything, the file name changes as soon as the server starts but i still get "Could not connect to server!" :(

Found the problem!

Incorrect

MaxPing 200

Correct

RConPassword Your_Password
MaxPing 200

I've added the ability to find peoples location via IP address, fixed the notifications being triggered by admins and added the ability to clone favs.

Is there any other features people would like to see in the next build?

Would it be possible to have the database notes section auto-apply to any name with the same guid/ip? Ie, I make a note against 'joe bloggs' for having been kicked for teamkilling, if joe bloggs changes his name/profile to 'john smith' and rejoins the server, the same note would automatically write itself to the john smith entry (maybe with an indication that it has been applied automaticaly as well)?

also, nice job on the ip location, was the one thing i missed from battlewarden!

Edited by Sari

Would it be possible to have the database notes section auto-apply to any name with the same guid/ip? Ie, I make a note against 'joe bloggs' for having been kicked for teamkilling, if joe bloggs changes his name/profile to 'john smith' and rejoins the server, the same note would automatically write itself to the john smith entry (maybe with an indication that it has been applied automaticaly as well)?

also, nice job on the ip location, was the one thing i missed from battlewarden!

I could place the notes on GUID / IP and not name. This way all previous names in the database will have a note attached. I will need to look into a system that updates the notes on a regular basis so if the person joins the server again if ties the note to the new name rather than not adding a new note.

Another feature suggestion:

Any possibility to auto ban people who get kicked for specified script/pubvar/etc. restrictions? That way if a player is using some obvious cheat that gets detected by the BE-filters, he cannot join again and wreak havoc with some other cheats. Similar to BEC:s autoban for gamehacks.

Edited by Viba

Another feature suggestion:

Any possibility to auto ban people who get kicked for specified script/pubvar/etc. restrictions? That way if a player is using some obvious cheat that gets detected by the BE-filters, he cannot join again and wreak havoc with some other cheats. Similar to BEC:s autoban for gamehacks.

Yes that should be possible, i would most likely allow the user to select which # the rcon bans for as some could be a kickable offence but not a bannable. like the seaguls in dayz mod a while back which was script restriction #1, i would kick for that but i would not ban for it as its was a bug with dayz.

I could add this feature in straight away and allow you to edit the config so you're able to use it straight away, as it may take some time to get a UI made and a rework of the whole more options form as its getting rather full at this point.

I'll see if i can get a test build out asap.