cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

I want know why i can't connect to my server with your software (Could not connect to server ..) ?

Cordially!

Beta 0.9.7.0

- General stability of the rcon has been improved. You will no long see random "Connection Lost" messages.

- Added a player note system to the private database

- Changed the way the "Test Connection" works for the TS3 Connection

Hi,

is there any "How To" for this tool?

I tried to set up a dedicated server on my computer where also Arma 3 runs but I always get this "Can´t connect" message. I tried the internal network ip from my computer, the ip I got from my internet provider and also the loopback adapter 127.0.0.1 with always the same result.

Then I tried to connect to a random Arma 3 dedicated server from the list and got (of course) the message Rejected password (or similar, can´t remember exactly). So obviously I´m doing something wrong. What do I have to do to connect to my server so that I am able to use the tool?

All players in my clan including me are able to connect normally to my dedicated server on my computer without any problem, just the RCON Tool is rejecting to work properly

Best regards

Kai

PS: I´m not a native speaker so forgive me any mistakes here in this posting.

Hi,

is there any "How To" for this tool?

I tried to set up a dedicated server on my computer where also Arma 3 runs but I always get this "Can´t connect" message. I tried the internal network ip from my computer, the ip I got from my internet provider and also the loopback adapter 127.0.0.1 with always the same result.

Then I tried to connect to a random Arma 3 dedicated server from the list and got (of course) the message Rejected password (or similar, can´t remember exactly). So obviously I´m doing something wrong. What do I have to do to connect to my server so that I am able to use the tool?

All players in my clan including me are able to connect normally to my dedicated server on my computer without any problem, just the RCON Tool is rejecting to work properly

Best regards

Kai

PS: I´m not a native speaker so forgive me any mistakes here in this posting.

Currently there are no "How To" for the rcon. When trying to connect to your server via 127.0.0.1 is it running on the same user account as the game server?

I have an issue connecting via 127.0.0.1 while using firedaemon to our game servers. If you're doing the same it seems that the rcon needs to be within the same area as the arma 3 console window.

To get round this issue all I did was change the 127.0.01 for the external ip of the server. So the ip address you use when connecting to your server from a remote host.

Hope this helps.

Arma 3, Arma dedicated server and the RCON Tool is running on the same computer. I tried not just the loopback adapter (127.0.0.1) but also the ip from my internal network 192.168.178.20 and my ip I got from my internet provider with the same result.

What do I have to do to connect?

- I run the dedicated server from Tophes tool with admin password set to "test"

- extracted the RCON Tool, opened it and make a connect to server, put in the correct port, ip and password

- Press the connect button

Then nothing happens for a few seconds and I get the message "Could not connect to server"

Anything else?

Arma 3, Arma dedicated server and the RCON Tool is running on the same computer. I tried not just the loopback adapter (127.0.0.1) but also the ip from my internal network 192.168.178.20 and my ip I got from my internet provider with the same result.

What do I have to do to connect?

- I run the dedicated server from Tophes tool with admin password set to "test"

- extracted the RCON Tool, opened it and make a connect to server, put in the correct port, ip and password

- Press the connect button

Then nothing happens for a few seconds and I get the message "Could not connect to server"

Anything else?

Are you able to connect to your server from your home computer with the rcon?

No, it doesn´t work. I can´t connect to my server.

Which file are you getting your BE Password from?

BE Password = BattlEye Password.

What file are you getting your password from?

I don´t know. As I said... I start TADST put there the serverpassword and admin password and thats all. After that I start Arma 3 and can connect to my dedicated server.

Are you hosting this yourself? on your own dedicated server? or rent from a hosting provider?

If its on your own dedicated server find your Battleye folder and look for a file called BEServer.cfg and get the battleye password from there. That is the password needed to connect to your server via RCON.

If you're having trouble after that i suggest you go read how to admin your server and how battleye works.

Hi,

after a few days searching for BE password setup and so on I´m still at the same point as before.

I created the BEServer.cfg (I found lots of sources where a BE.cfg or BEserver.cf is mentioned instead of BEServer.cfg)

with

RConpassword test

in it. ( I found here also something like RConpasswrd oder Rconpassword. Don´t know if it makes any trouble if I write it in capital letters or not.)

startet the server but still the same result.

Battle Eye is active on the server but still getting "Can´t connect to server" Message...

Any hints?

Okay, I found out what was wrong. I created the BEServer.cfg with the windows editor and that didn´t work. After creating the the file with notepadd++ it worked perfectly and I have now RCON access to my server.

Best regards

Commander | Kai

Quick Basic installation tutorial

1) In your Your server Battleye folder you need to create a file called

BEServer.cfg

Example content

RConPassword ABC123XYZ
MaxPing 200 // maximal delay to server before BattlEye autokicks

2) Restart the server

3) Download and install EMPRcon tool anywhere on your client

4) Start the client

5) Select the "Connect" >> Connect To Tab

Fill in the fields for

• IP

• Port (The port is the same port number you defined as -port in the startup parameters (Default 2302))

• RConPassword

You should then get a message in the RCon log window stating something like

Timestamp
| RCon admin #0
(Your IP & Port No.)
logged in

6) Then select "Favourites >> Add Current Server"

7) Then select "Favourites >> Edit Favourites"

8) Edit the "Name" field to something you recognise for that server instance and cllck "Apply"

9) With this version there seems to be an issue with the .xml file in

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\EPM DayZ RCon Tool\settings.xml

You will need to edit the following entry so that the Options >> More options tab works

<Cooldown>0</Cooldown>

to

<Cooldown>15</Cooldown>

When you have done this you will have access to the Teamspeak notification system and much more.

I also found the .xml does not save correctly, so I manually edited it again.

If you are going to do this, the following can be used as a template, replacing the blue text with the appropriate content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Settings Version="1.3">

<LastConnection Host="A3 SERVER IP ADDRESS" Port="PORT NO." Password="lots of numbers" />

<Favourites>

<Favourite Name="New" Host="127.0.0.1" Port="2302" Password="101121243222198231108097085246087078163152112045" />

<Favourite Name="Your Server " Host="Your server IP" Port="Server port" Password="lots of numbers" />

</Favourites>

<BanReason />

<AutoWriteBans>False</AutoWriteBans>

<Database Version="1.2">

<PrivateVersion>Global</PrivateVersion>

<Display>TRUE</Display>

<SendGlobal>False</SendGlobal>

<SendLocal>False</SendLocal>

<SendPrivate>True</SendPrivate>

</Database>

<Private Host="127.0.0.1" Port="3306" User="" Password="" Database="" />

<Logs>

<AutoSave>False</AutoSave>

<SaveAll>False</SaveAll>

<SaveChat>False</SaveChat>

<SaveLog>False</SaveLog>

<SavePath>e:\Apps\Rcon</SavePath>

<SaveTimestamps>False</SaveTimestamps>

</Logs>

<TS3 Host="TEAMSPEAK IP" Port="10011" Username="TS serverquery admin username" Password="server query password" serverID="1" />

<TS3Admins nickname="Your name" uniqueID="unique TS identification" />

<MinimizeToTray>False</MinimizeToTray>

<Notifications>

<Cooldown>15</Cooldown>

<WindowFlash>TRUE</WindowFlash>

<TS3Notification>TRUE</TS3Notification>

<PlaySound>TRUE</PlaySound>

<playerNotification>Admin,admin</playerNotification>

</Notifications>

</Settings>

Job done:yay:

repeat the process 5-8 if you have more server instances on different ports etc.

Features

Allows remote connection to the server without having to log on to either the backend or ingame

You can then

• Send chat messages to individuals or all
  • See chat messages in Global, Command, Side, Group, Vehicle and Direct.
  • Copy players Name, IP, GUID.
  • Kick , Ban Players
  • Load a mission
  • Lock/Unlock/Reassign/Restart and shut down the server
  • Logging options

Overall.

Very nice tool for server admins.

Thanks for the effort

Edited by Terox

Is there a way to get this to connect automatically to a server or even multiple servers through commandline/batch file etc? Also having problems with the TS notifications, I got one notify admin to work when I first configured it but after that all I get now are notifications when I kick/ban someone. We use a TS query login for a battlefield 4 admin plugin too so maybe they are conflicting, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

one other question, the admin notifier cooldown default is 15, is this 15 seconds or minutes?

Another suggestion:

When viewing the banlist it would be great if the timestamp was present too. there were a number of false positive bans by BE yesterday but I had to manually check each one off the logs to make sure that I was not unbanning someone who was legitimately banned previously.

It's a great tool, thanks

Is there a way to get this to connect automatically to a server or even multiple servers through commandline/batch file etc? Also having problems with the TS notifications, I got one notify admin to work when I first configured it but after that all I get now are notifications when I kick/ban someone. We use a TS query login for a battlefield 4 admin plugin too so maybe they are conflicting, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

one other question, the admin notifier cooldown default is 15, is this 15 seconds or minutes?

Another suggestion:

When viewing the banlist it would be great if the timestamp was present too. there were a number of false positive bans by BE yesterday but I had to manually check each one off the logs to make sure that I was not unbanning someone who was legitimately banned previously.

It's a great tool, thanks

Hi Jumbo,

Yes you can connect to multiple servers via a batch file or command line.You can do so with the following "EPM RCon Tool.exe" -ip=address -password=password -port=port.

The ts query was not working as wanted, in the build you're using it will only give you a message for people you've banned and not what other people have banned. Rather ban, i know :P In the beta build that has changed and will show bans from everyone and will include their name and the reason.

Admin notification is 15 seconds not minutes

In the beta build all issues with settings.xml not working should be fixed. I am going to pass this build to my test group and get feedback from them.

Thanks

Cortez

Hi, this is a very nice rcon tool, thx for doing this.. I was using battlewarden, however they want money to use the database, unfortunately i have no money. My clan however says i would have to use Battlewarden as it provides more info off the user..

Is it possible to extract more info with your program? "Score, deaths, time played and Team." It seems like team thing doesn't work anyways on the battlewarden. Not in the mission that we use.

I have suggestions too, off my own :) not just copy of warden.

-Config file to change the color codes, currently the red color that is displaying BE info is way too red, i cannot read it without extra work.

-If team (indi/opfor/blufor/civilian) can be extracted, would it be possible to color code the chat accordingly?

-Uptime of the server to the status line bellow. next to "Max Ping: xxx"

Hi, this is a very nice rcon tool, thx for doing this.. I was using battlewarden, however they want money to use the database, unfortunately i have no money. My clan however says i would have to use Battlewarden as it provides more info off the user..

Is it possible to extract more info with your program? "Score, deaths, time played and Team." It seems like team thing doesn't work anyways on the battlewarden. Not in the mission that we use.

I have suggestions too, off my own :) not just copy of warden.

-Config file to change the color codes, currently the red color that is displaying BE info is way too red, i cannot read it without extra work.

-If team (indi/opfor/blufor/civilian) can be extracted, would it be possible to color code the chat accordingly?

-Uptime of the server to the status line bellow. next to "Max Ping: xxx"

Allowing the user to pick their own colour scheme would be a nice feature and a few people have stated that it's hard to read the writing in red, for the time being ill change it to be easier to read.

BattlEye it self has no way to telling which team a person is on so that request won't happen.

As for the uptime, could you not use BEC? that has commands in game that allow users to see the servers up time, Currently there is no way to tell the up time via battlEye, i could program in a method to check the uptime but it would require the rcon to be stay connected to the server with no connection drops. I will talk with bastian on this to get a real BE command for adding server up time.

EDIT: Scores and such may happen at some point but it won't be making an appearance any time soon, that would require adding in queries to Gamespy and i don't have the time to write anything in c# to query it.

Edited by cortez471

thx =)

ouh, i'm just an operator. And only have rcon... Do you know how http://arma3.swec.se/server/list works It seems to have uptime... Just a thought that i had, hopping it would help...

Edited by JoneKone

i'm still getting "password rejected"... even after uploading BEserver.cfg to the BE directory onthe server!. Any suggestions? Your Arma2 EPMRcon tool works fine. Strange.

Gav

could it be a case issue, upper, lower.

Try copying the password to a notepad file then copying it back to both the server BE.cfg and the rcon gui. Sometimes spaces are added unwittingley

Thanks for quick reply but that's not it, it's a numeric password. Apart from the configuration file, does anything else needed to be uploaded to the server. Currently there are 2 be deleted files and that's about it in the be folder.

Gav

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk