cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

So if you don't write the offenders name in the ban reason you have no way to know who to unban. It doesn't put their name in the ban list only IP and GUID. If someone ban appeals it's easier to get the player ID then their GUID. You can't ask people for their IP and normally it's dynamic anyway. Until I starting using RCON on the arma 3 server, which was only a couple days ago I didn't know that arma 3 had GUID's just PID's. Is one Hex and the other decimal or something?

If you have banned a player via the rcon and someone comes up to you asking to be unbanned, you could ask them to join a random server and type "#beclient GUID" into the chatbox which should give them their BE GUID which they supply to you for unbanning. Another thing you could do is use your local player database built into the rcon which stores all your users GUIDs and IPs, all you have to do is type in a player name and it should show you a guid and ip. You then check your bans.txt to see if it matchs and if it does you unban that GUID and ip.

It works great for every server I've hosted so far but wont connect to my wasteland server. What do?

Fixed an issue with our forums that prevented users from being able to download our rcon.

Let me know if anyone has any troubles with downloading it via our forums and i will correct the issue asap.

which wasteland missions are you trying to run?

GoT Wasteland [bETA] by JoSchaap, I'm not overly attached to it so I shall try a different one and see if it works.

Ensure you have all the your information in the BEServer.cfg and it is correct when you enter it into the rcon. I am running that mission and its running fine on the rcon for me.

Thank you for the nice tool mate! And i guess i'm also in the right thread to ask this question, what Query protocol does the ArmA 3 servers use?

I see the admin alert is working nicely, but would you be able to include an option to turn on an audio alert please,

Thanks.

I see the admin alert is working nicely, but would you be able to include an option to turn on an audio alert please,

Thanks.

I have a few server admins testing out the new rcon build, the new build does have a sound alert when someone triggers on of your custom notifications. In the new version I am allowing server admins to set their own custom alerts and along with sound notifications the rcon should alert server admins via their TS3 Server if they have configured it correctly.

Sounds groovy! I know all I do is request, request, request but would it be easy to add an option so that when you log into a favourite'd server it sent an automatic message saying "admin has logged into to rcon ect."

Have to say brilliant tool but was wondering if there will be any updates soon for it ?

Working on the last feature now, as soon as that is done and our test group tells me there have found no bugs i will add the update to the auto update server and push it out for everyone to use and test. I am going to say it will be done before the 5th of october. That's the data im shooting for.

I have the sound alert ticked but am not receiving any sounds? Do I have to add the sound in manually?

I was a fool the sound alert works brilliant, can I ask what the cooldown does? Is it the time between beeps?

Edited by Baskerville

The cooldown is used for the admin notifications so someone cant spam !admin over and over.

Would it be difficult to be able to turn off case sensitive for the notification texts? I'm very happy with the notification system now it is an invaluable tool. Also with regards to the banning dialog window would it be possible to untick IP banning for good?

Edited by Baskerville

Sorry for the lack of updates for the rcon. Yes it would be possible to have the rcon remember your settings on the ban windows, that's a simple fix and I can add that in asap. As for the notifications, yes it would be possible to do but not sure if it is something I will do. I'll think about it and I will get back to you.

Fixed our email server, our forums should be able to handle sending emails to Gmail and hotmail again. If you want to keep up to date with our test builds please register on our forums and post in this thread http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349-Test-Build. I will keep that thread up to date with the latest information and gives you guys a place to post comments and requests for the rcon tool. If you have an issues let me know via email or pm on here or via my forums.

Beta 0.9.6.0

- Added a Private database of players.

- Added support for notifications with configurable words and cooldown.

- Ability to launch and connect to your server via command line. Switches are -ip=address -password=password -port=port.

- Removed disconnect / connection lost messages from the chat tab.

- Added admin tab to show ips and ports of all connected admins.

- Added Missions tab.

- Ability to load missions from the missions tab.

- Added comment system to local database.

- Added the ability to minimize the rcon to the notification tray.

- Added option to play a sound, flash the window and a TS3 notification when someone uses the !admin or any configured word.

- Added the ability to set custom ban messages.

- Added the ability to connect to a Ts3 server.

- Added the ability to issue ingame commands using the prefix # before your command. Example #missions to select a mission.

- Added the ability to send BE Commands using the prefix ! before your command. Example !say test will send the message test.

great tool, but sometimes the global ban database does not load, any idea?

great tool, but sometimes the global ban database does not load, any idea?

if it fails to load the first time round, switch to a different tab like the players tab and then back to the database, that should solve your issue but i've never seen it not load fully. That is a strange problem but i will take a look into it incase its an issue with the code itself.