kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

>Disabled AIS Injury to prevent a bug, when the Longbow got shot down the player and the gunner would be ejected from the chopper and the gunner (probably any squad units) would get removed from your squad, you could no longer add units to your squad and even after reloading a previous save the problem would persist. I don't know if it's a problem with any aircraft and AIS Injury or just the Longbow. If you want AIS Injury just open description.sqf and remove the "//" comment marks from the 2 lines with AIS Injury

You can disable (and change) revive system using "params" when creating mission.

To disable it properly, open params.hpp and change default value.

But nice job overall.

Yes but I think running it as multiplayer had more problems with game saving using the Longbow. It might be because the Longbow mod has some bugs to work out but I'll try some more and I'll check the params.hpp file to disable AIS. If you could help out with any of the issues I posted on the github it would be a big help. Particularly if you could figure out how to align the SATCOM so it's facing north that would be awesome.

>Disabled AIS Injury to prevent a bug, when the Longbow got shot down the player and the gunner would be ejected from the chopper and the gunner (probably any squad units) would get removed from your squad, you could no longer add units to your squad and even after reloading a previous save the problem would persist. I don't know if it's a problem with any aircraft and AIS Injury or just the Longbow. If you want AIS Injury just open description.sqf and remove the "//" comment marks from the 2 lines with AIS Injury

You can disable (and change) revive system using "params" when creating mission.

To disable it properly, open params.hpp and change default value.

But nice job overall.

Hey I tried again setting the revive parameter to 0, I didn't get the bug with losing my squad member when I get shot down but I don't seem to die when I get shot I get knocked out, I can keep healing myself and maybe eventually I die. Is it supposed to work like this? I thought setting to zero would make it like vanilla? (Edit: Never mind I think that's how AIS Injury is working without the revive)

Edit: Also I got another bug I'm trying to fix. When you unlock Satcom it highlights (turns green) "Specialized Infantry Training" then when you exit the requests menu and then reenter the requests menu Satcom is highlighted green and Infantry Training is not. Trying to find out why, also I want a description and icon for the message for the Satcom unlock message.

Edited by Emton

I updated DUWS Longbow to 1.1 with these changes:

Restored the Field Comm ability but now it's on the supports menu instead of the actionmenu and has a 60 second cooldown. Increased the duration of Quick Reflexes from 4 seconds to 10 seconds, increased the cooldown to 10 minutes from 5. Reduced the cooldown of Field Repair to 40 minutes from 1 hour. Reduced logistic ability cooldown to 10 minutes from 20. Increased warrior ability detect radius to 100m from 50m, decreased the cooldown to 10 minutes from 20. I feel these are balance changes to make the abilities more useful.

Enabled AIS Injury but have revive disabled in params.hpp so this should still work with the Longbow.

Increased zones_max_dist_from_hq in INIT.sqf to 50000 from 7500. Was this limiting the distance? After increasing this and using max distance of 50km in the start settings now the zones seem to spawn farther away like they should.

There a PBO file to download at http://github.com/Emton/DUWS-Longbow

Is there any version for a dedicated server around?? I really wanna try this on our server

Heyy I need help I must change the AP and CP distribution. I need to have it so OPFOR and BLUFOR both gain AP regularly (5 or 10 + (1 * number of zones controlled) And I want to change the reward and loss of AP and CP for capturing or losing a zone (something like +15 AP for capturing a zone, -10 for losing a zone, +20 CP for taking a zone). This way you could start out with 0 AP and as you play everything increases and stays challenging. I'm looking though the code and trying to figure it out but it's kind of confusing if anyone can give me some hints that would be cool this would be a really fun feature for DUWS I guarantee it.

Periodic polling is what you need...

Something like this is implemented in file zonesundercontrol.sqf to provide bonus for captured zones.

_undercontrol = true;

while {_undercontrol} do {

waitUntil {sleep 60;zoneundercontrolblu > 0};  // make sure there is at least 1 zone under control
sleep 1800;
waitUntil {sleep 60;zoneundercontrolblu > 0}; // check if there is still at least 1 zone under control
["CPzonehold",[(zoneundercontrolblu*3),zoneundercontrolblu]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;
commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 + (zoneundercontrolblu*3);
publicVariable "commandpointsblu1";
ctrlSetText [1000, format["%1",commandpointsblu1]];

};

commandpointsblu1 should be replaced with WARCOM_blufor_ap and opfor_ap and adjust for your need

As for adjusting AP for capture this is already implemented, in captured.sqf:

// MODIFY ARMY POWER
WARCOM_opfor_ap = WARCOM_opfor_ap - (_points/2);
WARCOM_blufor_ap = WARCOM_blufor_ap + _points;
publicVariable "WARCOM_blufor_ap";
publicVariable "WARCOM_opfor_ap";

Periodic polling is what you need...

Something like this is implemented in file zonesundercontrol.sqf to provide bonus for captured zones.

_undercontrol = true;

waitUntil {sleep 60;zoneundercontrolblu > 0};  // make sure there is at least 1 zone under control
sleep 1800;
waitUntil {sleep 60;zoneundercontrolblu > 0}; // check if there is still at least 1 zone under control
["CPzonehold",[(zoneundercontrolblu*3),zoneundercontrolblu]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;

};

commandpointsblu1 should be replaced with WARCOM_blufor_ap and opfor_ap and adjust for your need

Ok what I had tried is:

// CP and AP every 20 mins (1200) Was 30 min (1800)

_undercontrol = true;

sleep 1200;

sleep 5;

["APzonehold",[(zoneundercontrolblu*3),zoneundercontrolblu]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;
WARCOM_blufor_ap = WARCOM_blufor_ap + (zoneundercontrolblu*3);
ctrlSetText [1000, format["%1",WARCOM_blufor_ap]];

};

But I don't think Main Base counts as a zone like I want it to. And I don't understand the zonesundercontrolblu*3 is that 3 points for each zone under control? Also I want OPFOR AP to increase too, should I use WARCOM_zones_controled_by_OPFOR in place of zoneundercontrolblu for that part? Also there is WARCOM_zones_controled_by_BLUFOR should I be using that instead of zoneundercontrolblu? There is also the folder "zonescap" with blufor_cap.sqf and opfor_cap.sqf that are similar to captured.sqf Are those files being used anymore? Basically when the game starts I want OPFOR and BLUFOR to get 5 + (1 * number of zones controlled including main base) So if you start with 0 AP and you are fighting against 4 enemy zones after 20 minutes OPFOR would have 9 AP and BLUFOR would have 6 AP.

As for adjusting AP for capture this is already implemented, in captured.sqf:

// MODIFY ARMY POWER
WARCOM_opfor_ap = WARCOM_opfor_ap - (_points/2);
WARCOM_blufor_ap = WARCOM_blufor_ap + _points;
publicVariable "WARCOM_opfor_ap";

For this part I didn't understand the _points/2 is that a variable that divides by 2? I'll try putting in regular numbers and see what happens. I'll keep messing around if you have any more suggestions I'll appreciate it.

Edit: I tried some different things but couldn't get it to work.

Edited by Emton

Updated DUWS Longbow to 1.2 with these changes:

Thanks to Coding on the BI forums the SATCOM view is now aligned to North, so now you can actually make sense of the view, position and movement of troops. Also the movement speed has been increased.

Adjusted the slowtime/quick reflexes ability so now it gradually transitions back to normal. Also the effect is stronger when it starts; .1 accel for 1 second (equals 10 seconds) transitioning to .2 accel for 2 seconds, .3 accel for 3 seconds etc up to .9 for 9 seconds. In total the effect lasts for around 60 seconds or so.

https://github.com/Emton/DUWS-Longbow/blob/master/%5BSP%5DDUWS-Longbow-12.Altis.pbo

https://github.com/Emton/DUWS-Longbow

I still need help with reworking the AP and CP so please if anyone can help me with that it would be good.

I have 2 questions

1. I have problem to use AGM medics i go to the armory and i can see the medical equipment but i cant pick it

2. ¿its possible to replace the heli taxi for a mod helicopter (exactly a pelican from the halo mod)

3. what is exactly DUWS ``LONGBOW´´what is the diference between normal duws and longobow and where i download this (if better of course)

P.D sorry for my english (im spanish)

Edited by Corsnake

Hey Guys, few quick questions.

1) Is there a way to quickly transfer a saved loadout (through the armoury) to a member of my personal squad (an AI unit)

I have a set of kits I like to equip my units with but it takes ages to do every time I get a new unit.

I see the"transfer" option, but nothing happens when I try this. Not sure if this is related or not.

2) How does the respawn work? I've seen the phrase "respawn" mentioned a few times but no idea how to make it happen. (Note that I'm playing single-player)

3) What causes my save game to disappear? Sometimes when I load up ARMA again there is no option to "resume" the scenario and I have to start again

Side notes:

I absolutely love the concept and how it works. I've got so much extra play time from this game as a result so a MASSIVE thank you to anyone involved.

I really enjoyed brief moments of urban combat I've encountered, but sadly these seem to be pretty rare (bases aren't placed inside cities for obvious reasons). Maybe you could think of a way of optionally including some towns/cities as objectives?

Many Thanks,

Lawman Actual

I have 2 questions

1. I have problem to use AGM medics i go to the armory and i can see the medical equipment but i cant pick it

2. ¿its possible to replace the heli taxi for a mod helicopter (exactly a pelican from the halo mod)

3. what is exactly DUWS ``LONGBOW´´what is the diference between normal duws and longobow and where i download this (if better of course)

P.D sorry for my english (im spanish)

DUWS Longbow is my version of DUWS based off of DUWS Unofficial which is derived from Modified DUWS which was based off of the orginal DUWS. It adds the Apache Longbow by Nodunit and Franze to the buy menu but it's not required to play. You can read the other changes I made in the notes. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Emton/DUWS-Longbow/master/DUWS%20Longbow%20notes.txt

This link should let you download the PBO file https://github.com/Emton/DUWS-Longbow/blob/master/%5BSP%5DDUWS-Longbow-12.Altis.pbo

I don't know about the AGM medics I only use AGM Core, Ballistics, Nightvision and Resting.

Hey Guys, few quick questions.

1) Is there a way to quickly transfer a saved loadout (through the armoury) to a member of my personal squad (an AI unit)

I have a set of kits I like to equip my units with but it takes ages to do every time I get a new unit.

I see the"transfer" option, but nothing happens when I try this. Not sure if this is related or not.

2) How does the respawn work? I've seen the phrase "respawn" mentioned a few times but no idea how to make it happen. (Note that I'm playing single-player)

3) What causes my save game to disappear? Sometimes when I load up ARMA again there is no option to "resume" the scenario and I have to start again

Side notes:

I absolutely love the concept and how it works. I've got so much extra play time from this game as a result so a MASSIVE thank you to anyone involved.

I really enjoyed brief moments of urban combat I've encountered, but sadly these seem to be pretty rare (bases aren't placed inside cities for obvious reasons). Maybe you could think of a way of optionally including some towns/cities as objectives?

Many Thanks,

Lawman Actual

+1 have the same issues.

1. I'm playing single player. Are there any options for revive and AI limiter in SP missions? My framerate keeps dipping below 30 for a couple of seconds even at the beginning of the campaign.

2. What kind of hardware is best for this mission?

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

My hardware specs are in my sig.

Edited by irfanahmed1979

1. I'm playing single player. Are there any options for revive and AI limiter in SP missions? My framerate keeps dipping below 30 for a couple of seconds even at the beginning of the campaign.

2. What kind of hardware is best for this mission?

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

My hardware specs are in my sig.

Here you go, 25%+ FPS gain:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26093

Hello guys,

I searched everywhere for an answer, but didn't find anything.

Is there a way to hack/bypass the host selections at the beginning so that I could host this on a dedicated server?

Here's a better explanation of it ( can't post link for my first post :/ ) : gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/183203/arma-3-playing-dynamic-universal-war-system-on-a-dedicated-server

It can be to set the variables before launching the server or to edit the code. I would really like to get it to work.

Thanks for any help :D

Apologies if this has been covered.

Is there a way to adjust the weather or to be more specific, the fog. I find it a bit heavy especially with clear skies in the middle of the day. I have tried to adjust it in Arma but no change.

Thanks

DUWS - Rebirth....??? I see it on Steam, but can't find an actual download link. I'm having saved game issues via the "Subscribe" function. I'd like to install it manually.

Anyone know if this is set for DS yet? I have read its in the works... that was a while ago.

Finally found the mission i ever wanted. Thank youuuuuu! Playing it on Reshmaan since yesterday, such war ^^ !

A+

I'm pretty sure you will find from previous posts that the BLUFOR is hard coded and no one has taken on the task of trying to make it side selectable.  so I'm pretty sure your stuck with BLUFOR.

So is it still not possible to have an HQ unit enter a vehicle?

I am using High Command Transport by Hansen111. Does the job! 

Really like the performance of Longbow vs Rebirth with ZEB Caching enabled it does not drop below 40FPS with the default settings. THUMBS UP!

Keep up the good work!

Such a shame it wont run on a Dedi,  looks a good mod as well .  oh well Anistasia mod it is then :)