kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

That's nice !

rlex, I'm sending you my email through PM so we can share details about I can coordinate with you.

@Danius: I experienced the AI swarm syndrom yesterday. I'll try to investigate but I won't have much time in the next 2 weeks.

I just tried playing the latest original DUWS and I cant hear gunshots or save my game, I played the modified one as well and I still cant save my game. Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by firehawk913

Thanks for the input 1212 and rlex. I hadn't seen any information about AI mods before this.

I started a new mission without the ASR AI mod. So far, it seems to be helping. I was attacking an enemy zone the other day and I noticed enemies within the same zone, less than 1 km away from where the fighting was going on, and they weren't aggroed yet. On the game I was playing before hand it seemed like every enemy from at least 1.5-2 km away from where I was firing on came rushing in to help immediately. It must be that the mod makes it some that most of the enemies on the entire map are radioed in to help.

Thanks again for the help.

Hello everyone, I have a question. I've been modifying this mission on my own to make the perfect experience for the map N'Ziwasogo. That means all enemies are F.S.F. jungle soldiers, which I've already accomplished. However, these jungle soldiers don't have any armor, or any vehicles for that matter. I've found that substituting in SUD Russia's green versions of OPFOR vehicles works very nicely for unmanned vehicles such as those found at the prefabs in enemy zones. The problem I now run into is the fact that when WARCOM sends out OPFOR groups, it can only send out groups that exist in the classfiles, therefore, I can't send out jungle soldiers using russian vehicles. My question is, is it even possible to make a custom group for WARCOM to send out? I don't mind having russians drive the BMP, I just want to have the jungle soldiers along side the BMP so you can't tell it's a russian group. Considering how many hours I've put into editing this mission, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me piece this last bit together.

Edit: Just realised Rlex and 1212PDMCDMPPM are curently doing the exact same thing as me... I guess I'll hang tight for now and see if they manage to find a way around this.

Edited by TaskForce357
Sudden Realization

I've got two problems for placing things manually. One, the image on the front page is "not found" for me so I don't know all the values I need to change. Two, I've followed the INIT.sqf and switched the two false statements to true for manual placement of HQ/zones. I've attempted looking through all pages for a reuploaded image and didn't find anything and I only saw one guy with my issue. If anybody could help I'd be incredibly thankful.

Is there anything I can do to be able to run this on my dedicated server? Can I manually enter the configurations in the pbo file so it already knows what to do when the server starts?

I really want to be able to play it without having a big performance drop on my computer. And I got a dedicated server so I want to use it.

**** NEW UPDATE FOR DUWS MODIFIED ****

...I am BACK! (or at least I WAS, heh). This new update was supposed to be alot bigger and not released yet, but due to the in-game hosting/server browser bug I'm releasing this short update AS-IS and will consider continuing at a later date if/when Bohemia figures out how to get the game hosting on Steam working correctly so hosts show in the browser.

New As of September 15th, 2014: version 1.4

- reduced cost of calling for HC air supports in the 0-8 menu for both the attack chopper & plane (was previously set at 12cp, now it's only costs 5cp, to compensate for the unreliable AI)

- reduced radius of mission area for the "Do or Die" mission so the briefcase will be a little easier to find.

- added 2 new vehicle unlocks in the request menu - small transport truck 1 (seats 6 - cost 4cp) & small transport truck 2 (seats 9 - cost 6cp)

- added 3 UAV's to the request vehicles menu (GhostHawk w/missiles & GhostHawk w/bombs at HQ, Darter at HQ & FOB's)

- increased distance of enemy approach warning messages so you'll have a LITTLE more time to react and take appropriate defensive action (was 300m, is now 500m).

- added new sound effect - a short but loud warning siren will sound whenever an enemy is within 500m of either the HQ or an FOB (this ensures you'll know if your HQ officer needs protection,just incase you missed the usual chat text warnings which are easy to miss; sound file made by DarkXess)

- added Arma3's built-in "Virtual Arsenal" so it can be used as an alternative Armory (VAS still remains so players can use whichever armory they prefer, there is now an armory1 and armory2) .

ATTENTION:

FILE WAS RE-UPLOADED AS OF SEPT.16TH 01:26 GMT (due to a script typo causing certain vehicles to not appear in the FOB's Request Menu system).

If you downloaded the file before this time please re-download it & reinstall once again. Be advised the file name and readme have not been changed so you will not see the difference except to know that as long as you see the 2 new small truck transports and Darter uav in the FOB request menu then you are using the latest version.

DropBox .pbo & Steam Workshop Have Been Updated - Just re-download , install & Have Fun!!

Edited by BigShot

Great, good to see this getting some love again. Cant wait to start playing it again. Thank you.

Thank you for this awsome Mod!

I`m playing this in the last month about 100h !!!

But there is one question that is realy important and i dont get it.

I`m no Modder and my English is not the best, but i just want to know how i Place enemy Zones manual like the HQ on start of the mission.

I read the INIT.sqf but it is to complicatet. And i dont find it in this Threat.

Is there an easy way, like place the HQ, for the enemy zones?

Thank you

Dojo

The only method available to create enemy zones manually is the one described in the INIT, which assumes you have some prerequisite editing experience already...and even then it will not allow you to edit the mission in such a way where the mission will allow you to choose varying amounts of zones automatically each time you play through its regular menu interface.

So, technically speaking there is no true menu/interface support for manual zone placement in DUWS currently (other than the HQ itself). Theoretically, you can use the editor, and edit the mission to build a zone according to the variables you tell it to use within its game logic that you have to place while in the editor, but then these variables cannot be changed again until you manually change them from within the editor.

So again then...for those who do NOT want to always have to play in the editor constantly changing values back and forth and would rather just play normally using the default ways...NO, manually placing enemy zones is not supported in DUWS, nor in my Modified version either....but who knows, maybe in Arma4 :-)

Edited by BigShot

NEW UPDATE FOR DUWS MODIFIED: Version 1.5

New As of September 22nd, 2014: version 1.5

- added: new AI revive options in the parameters screen...AI in your group can now revive you! (revive options are now revive off;revive on (humans only);revive on (humans +AI)...see notes in map screen).

- added: random roadside IED's (enabled/disbaled in Parameters screen. See notes in map screen for more info)

- fixed: was finally able (after many months) to reproduce certain conditions that was causing the officer to run away from the HQ for some players, this should now be fixed and he should NOT run away anymore.

*IMPORTANT NOTE* - SP "Scenario" mode no longer supported or recommended (if you run the mission in this mode you will have issues, please do not report them). If you want to play alone please use MP LAN mode and do not forget to access the Parameters Screen in mission's MP lobby.

DropBox .pbo & Steam Workshop Have Been Updated - Just re-download , install & Have Fun!!

Edited by BigShot

Still no dedicated support ? -> No trolling... just to be sure.

YET ANOTHER NEW UPDATE FOR DUWS MODIFIED: Version 1.6!!

New As of October 3rd, 2014: version 1.6

- added: new "Varied & Dynamic" weather setting option with variably changing conditions as you play (moving clouds,fronts,wind,rain,fog,lightning,raindbows,sun). Note - See in-game Map notes for more info.

- added: new squad manager option to delete AI units in your group (disband/delete units on team yellow) - See in-game duws manual section in map notes.

- improved: enemy warnings (both the text and warning siren) are now MP compatible so all players get aural and text warnings when FOB's & HQ are being attacked.

- added: new enable/disable option for the enemy warning siren (available in the Parameters Menu on the mission's unit selction screen: enabled by default).

- fixed: logic bug that caused the support requests to not re-lock and refund (you can now re-lock supports by re-clicking its unLock button and receive a 50% refund...fun way to get back some spendable cp when you're all out!).

- changed: decreased cost of the pFLIR support unlock (was 20cp, is now only 12cp).

*IMPORTANT NOTE* - SP "Scenario" mode no longer supported or recommended (if you run the mission in this mode you will have issues, please do not report them). If you want to play alone please use MP LAN mode and do not forget to access the Parameters Screen in mission's MP lobby.

Edited by BigShot

UPDATE 1.7---> WHAT'S INCLUDED SO FAR?

- changed: Special Forces units now cost 10CP each when you first recruit them and then cost nothing to redeploy them after they get killed.

- changed: Special Forces units delay for redeployment has been decreased down to a 60 second wait/delay.

- changed: Special Forces units now come with 50 spendable points each so that you can begin to customize their individual skill sets.

- fixed: Special Forces units now earn 20 extra spendable points which you can use toward further skill customizations each time your team either captures an enemy zone or completes a side-mission.

- changed: Special Forces units are now able to revive human players and each other (if you've enabled AI Revive in the Parameters screen).

- new: added friendly & enemy Army Power info to the Squad Manager Hint (now you can easily see what each teams AP is anytime you wish).

- new: added new feature to FOB/Teleport Manager - you can now choose to either fast travel "alone" or with your "group".

- new: Group HALO for AI??

- new: (choppers & "shoot from" vehicle classes) Content from Bohemia?

expected release: November 2014

...feel free to post your comments about it.

Edited by BigShot

Is there no Heavy weapons available? They don't show up in the Armory. I wanted to set up a mortar team to cover my advance on a objective and then rain down some hell....or at least set up a heavy MG on the high ground to cover a objective but I can't seem to get any heavy weapons unless I steal them from my HQ or FOB

Is there no Heavy weapons available? They don't show up in the Armory. I wanted to set up a mortar team to cover my advance on a objective and then rain down some hell....or at least set up a heavy MG on the high ground to cover a objective but I can't seem to get any heavy weapons unless I steal them from my HQ or FOB

The Virtual Ammo script and Virtual Arsenal which is built into arma3 do not offer the large static weapons as far as I know. But you can grab some of the smaller but autonomous machine guns and grenade launching statics instead (from the VAS armory #1). I know they show up in the armory...If I'm remembering correctly I think you will find them in the misc section?(not certain...but they are in bags...just look/read carefully and youll find them). Take the bags outside and drop them and then use your action menu to assemble them.

Hi, first thank you for your continued work on my favorite Arma SP mission.

Question: would you consider putting support for vehicle mods in the mission?

(as its a pain to edit the mission file and I keep forgetting how its done)

Issue: re-naming the mission file to work with other missions does not always work, it works with cherno but not with any others.

(errors says missing .cfg file, I will have to take a screen shot when i get home)

Hi, first thank you for your continued work on my favorite Arma SP mission.

Question: would you consider putting support for vehicle mods in the mission?

(as its a pain to edit the mission file and I keep forgetting how its done)

Issue: re-naming the mission file to work with other missions does not always work, it works with cherno but not with any others.

(errors says missing .cfg file, I will have to take a screen shot when i get home)

1. probably not if its 3rd party, unless something really grabbed me which it hasnt yet. I do plan on putting in any officially released vehicles (DLC).

2. been using it on other maps without issue with a few of my buddies...sounds like your error is a bad install of your mods or an incompatibility of mods probably having nothing to do with the mission itself. Of course if you have been editing the mission yourself that could also be your problem :-)...as you see a big part of the reason WHY I dont put 3rd party vehicle mods into duws is for this very reason...incompatible configs in a 3rd party mod can stop that mod from running on certain islands or with certain other mods enabled...which is not mission related. There are too many headaches involved for me so I stay away and prefer to keep the mission as pure as possible.

Edited by BigShot

UPDATED LIST FOR WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE NEXT DUWS MODIFIED UPDATE---> v1.7

- new: added new feature to FOB/Teleport Manager - you can now choose to either fast travel "alone" or with your "group".

- new: added Group HALO - works with both players and AI in the same group (original script by: cobra4v320).

- new: *Selectable Mission Win/Lose Conditions (in parameters menu in MP mission lobby): Cap All Zones/Officer Killed & Cap All Zones/Officer & Players Killed (see details in-game manual).

- changed: Special Operatives units are now able to revive human players and each other (if you've enabled AI Revive in the Parameters screen).

- changed: Special Operatives units now cost 10CP each when you first recruit them and then cost nothing to redeploy them after they get killed.

- changed: Special Operatives units delay for redeployment has been decreased down to a 60 second wait/delay.

- changed: Special Operatives units now come with 50 spendable points each so that you can begin to customize their individual skill sets.

- fixed: Special Operatives units now earn 20 extra spendable points which you can use toward further skill customizations each time your team either captures an enemy zone or completes a side-mission.

- fixed: when fatigue is disabled in parameters menu it now effects the single AI units you recruit into your group (both regular and SpecOps), and not just humans. This allows the AI to keep pace with you better and not fall behind so much!

- new: added Army Power(AP) info to the Squad Manager Hint (now you can easily see what each teams AP is anytime you wish).

- updated: VAS script (Armory#1) updated to latest version 2.6 so you now get 15 kit slots instead of 10.

- updated: some new info added to the in-game duws manual and also alphabetized the subject tabs.

Expected Release: November 2014

Edited by BigShot

Hey ho :)

First of all: Thanks for that amazing mod (and the mod-mod) ;)

But I think there is a mayor bug:

Neighter my troops (FOB Def., Main Base Def, High Command Squads) nor the enemy are reacting to each other. I saw an enemy Marid APC parking next to my Main Base. Nobody starts firing, the Marid didn't unload troops. Also enemy patrols walk straight through my soldiers and nobody is reacting. Real combats start earliest after dozens of seconds.

The only troops who react normal are my self commanded units.

Is this a bug or maybe a problem with bCombat Infantry AI Mod? (I deactivated it, but problems remain)

Hey ho :)

First of all: Thanks for that amazing mod (and the mod-mod) ;)

But I think there is a mayor bug:

Neighter my troops (FOB Def., Main Base Def, High Command Squads) nor the enemy are reacting to each other. I saw an enemy Marid APC parking next to my Main Base. Nobody starts firing, the Marid didn't unload troops. Also enemy patrols walk straight through my soldiers and nobody is reacting. Real combats start earliest after dozens of seconds.

The only troops who react normal are my self commanded units.

Is this a bug or maybe a problem with bCombat Infantry AI Mod? (I deactivated it, but problems remain)

The problem is definitely on your end somewhere...most likely either a mod, or a slow pc using unreasonable mission settings or game settings too. Have a good read at the steam workshop page...especially everything i wrote in the common questions and answers forum there.

Here's the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222686368

I play it online quite often with other folks and the enemy is always all over us kicking our butts :-)

Thanks, will try it asap :) :bounce3:

Yeah, now all bugs are patched.

But I think I discovered a real bug :D

After I rescued a patrol (mission) they join my squad. But if I give them the command to regroup and follow me, they don't follow, they take cover. All over commands and assign them to high command are working.

Radio towers don't spawn in urban areas. Zone is marked red, but there's no tower.

Edited by Dunstorm

sorry Dunstorm but I can't seem to reproduce your issue here and I've tried on both altis and stratis. The AI who join my group follow me and the tower seems to always be within the marked area. Maybe you are seeing these issues because you are still running certain mods with the mission? Which island/map were you having these issues on?

AI not following orders is a very typical game glitch and cant be fixed by mission makers...it is essentially an arma-ism...but running certain AI mods can actually worsen this. Do NOT run any AI mods that effect behavior. On that side-mission I like to call for a chopper taxi and have my entire team get in with me (including the new group members) and when we get out back at base the mission ends successfully.

Tower not showing up on that other side-mission I have only heard of happening on non-Arma3 map mods (such as what you find in 3rd party map packs that have converted arma2 maps for use in arma3 i.e Chernarus)...it is config issues or sometimes bad elevation data with those 3rd party maps that happen during the conversion process and cannot be fixed by mission makers.

Edited by BigShot