kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

@rlex -

What I stated is that I am going to stop "publicly" updating/supporting it on "Steam". But if you (or anyone else would like to take over then be my guest:) )

...just make sure to follow the copyright, post links to both Kibot's and My versions...and change the name slightly so nobody gets confused (for example: "Duws_Modified_Rlex" or "Duws_Rlex" depending upon which version you're basing it on.

@BigShot well, i have not thought about "taking over".

I just have internal version with my changes, and, as i can see, those changes is on demand (at least UAVs)

What about joint development? We can push source to github/etc, add changes there, and just do not publish it on steam / etc if this is main problem (responsibility?)

Those who need it and who can read couple of pages can checkout/download it from repo and build their own PBO (or maybe just publish it here, since, if i got your post correctly, most problems came from steam users?).

Let me again now point you to this post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)&p=2705066&viewfull=1#post2705066

1. UAV's (both land based and Darter) are already in the mission so it's not necessary to add them.

2. As for re-enabling the adjustable HALO...not happening because I purposely took the adjustment out due to balance and spamming issues, it's prefect the way it is right now for how I initially intended it's use.

3. Mobile Armory? Never...it would be spam city and too unrealisticly easy (even for DUWS, hehe). I already removed it from the supply drops for this same reason.

If you have any other ideas and you are still around in a few months in the fall season then send me an IM with your email address and I will contact you. Just because I may knock down some ideas does not mean I will not consider other ones as long as they make sense within the scope of "lots of options but nothing over-the-top easy"...must also be addon-free and no cpu hungry scripts since fps are a huge factor (we already have over 250+ scripts running!).

Edited by BigShot

1.But there is no attack UAVs, that's what people asking (Greyhawks).

2.Got that

3.Why not? As i already said, it uses ammo zamak as armory. This thing is extremely fragile (good placed EGLM can completely destroy it, even machinegun fire can render it useless). This thing is huge and slow. I usually left it at ~1km from enemy bases. About spam... Supply drops have 70 of everything, including titan AA/AT rockets. Mobile armory is here just to change outfit and/or grab some backpacks.

Another changes (already done) includes "recover heli" mission (AAF chinook. Can be used for cargo) - partially done, still can't decide what cargo script to use, and SATCOM system using this awesome script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25801.

If you think that most of this changes is not usable and/or breaking balance, then i'll just continue support my version as "private version", using yours as upstream.

Edited by rlex

Whenever I try to load my game, I get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/Oj6q6uu.png (353 kB)

Mods I'm running:

-ArmA II Maps

-VTS_Weaponresting

-HLC AK pack (with the required ASDG_JR)

-Support Call

any ideas on how to fix it?

Edit: found the problem. Old version of ArmA II Maps, they had issues with SP saves.

Edited by HeNeArKrXeRn

Hi

Where can I download the updated version (with UAVs)?

Thank you bigshot for all the massive amount of time you spent... You gave me and my brother hours of real fun.

And for the one that continuous this mission, thank you for continuing this mission :))))

Kind regards M

Hello I Have a question. How install this mission, I know that is the file sp-cox_duws.altis.pbo must be in Program Files (x86)\Arma 3\Missions but where i must put folder "sp-cox_duws_v0-8b.altis"???

Is there a script that I can use with DUWS which allows me to open/ close the ramp door of a CH-49 Mohawk (I've added the Mohawk to the request vehicle) and also load/unload cargo?

I tried in vain using the script found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169340-Usable-cargo-ramp-for-CH-49-Mohawk

I am totally new to scripting in ARMA 3 and although I've been playing since the beta I still don't know the difference between add-ons and mods or how to manage and use them. The same goes for scripts also.

Ok, so here is my version of DUWS (based on BigShot's works, all credits to him - i just added some stuff which i mentioned on previous page, except cargo)

Short list:

1)SATCOM support. Perhaps i will move SATCOM to base/fob only due to balance issues. Having satellite feed access from anywhere is pretty OP.

2)Customizable HALO. (HALO everywhere, from any alt, but remember: jumping straight to enemy base is retarded)

3)Mobile Armory mission. Ammo ZAMAK that can act as, well, mobile armory. You can also refill your transport with that ZAMAK.

4)Transport Heli mission (just heli, no cargo, still WIP).

5)Greyhawks UAVs at vehicle request. Price need to be tweaked, IMHO. Accepting offers.

6)Updated VAS and some other stuff i can't remember.

Please note that this is my _internal_ version. I take zero responsibility if it will destroy your PC, steal your cat or something...

We haven't encountered any serious bugs while playing it for, like, ~50 times on different maps.

BigShot, if i done something wrong while releasing this to public - just message me and i will fix this ASAP or remove mod from public if you ask me.

Also, please note: this is my very first attempt at arma coding. So be rude, and punch me in the face for every fckup i made. Seriously.

Edited by rlex

Hey

I'm testing your version, so far so good. It's like you say: the good old version + some extra content.

I love it, thanks! I am so happy that somebody wanted to do some further tweaking.

To improve even more, I would implement Igiload and the mod to lift vehicles (the one with actual ropes).

Thanks again :)

Edited by mdeq

Im sure other have had this working.

The most crude hack possible but it works.

init.sqf

// the following lines

Im no code expert but this works for dedicated server. however each player that joins gets a new base setup. there is obviously work to do here but its a start for me :)

next on my list is some code to check if a HQ exists then move players to that point and skip the generate mission section.

Edited by xorxand

Hey

I'm testing your version, so far so good. It's like you say: the good old version + some extra content.

I love it, thanks! I am so happy that somebody wanted to do some further tweaking.

To improve even more, I would implement Ign load and the mod to lift vehicles (the one with actual ropes).

Thanks again :)

>To improve even more, I would implement Ign load and the mod to lift vehicles (the one with actual ropes).

That was planned initially (that's why i added recover helicopter mission - mohawk was planned to have rope and igiload as well...)

Two problems:

All rope scripts i tested was unreliable. Guessing they just need more time to "mature", most of them in alpha-beta stage. Also bootcamp update can break many things, so i'll wait some time.

I also need to figure out how to create ammoboxes so we can cargo them - obviously we have supply drop, but if you playing with weapons mods or OPFOR weaponry, supply drop can not have ammo you need, since it's only contain NATO ammo, so you're outta luck if you use, for example, GM6 Lynx - it's EAST/GUER weapon.

Small patch. As usual, here: http://lex.io/pub/SPMP_DUWS_Modified.altis.pbo

I also published sources at github if anyone wants to collaborate: https://github.com/rlex/arma3-duws-le

Changes:

VAS updated to 2.6. Now you finally can equip any camouflage from any faction (side note: you can't trick enemy by equipping their camo, so undercover operations is still not possible)

Tweaked price of combat UAVs to 15CP. Please note that you can refill them at bases/fobs with vehicle refill - you need to be controlling them.

Mods support: i hate lack of V/STOLs in A3, so i added support for F-35B using this addon.

Also there is support for B1 Lancer and AC-130U from awesome USAF mod. This, however, can be removed in the future, since it's complete OP with small bases and playable only at altis with 2+ km enemy bases. And, well, only if you have couple of friends in game.

Please note: mod support does not break anything, you still can play without them as you played before. Simply do not request them at base. Even if you do, game will not crash but CP price will be deducted from your pool. I'm learning arma syntax, perhaps isNil can be used to check for addon status and block requests... will try later. And yes, vehicle refitting works with transport from addons.

Things i'm working on/planning:

1) Moving SATCOM to base/fobs.

2) AGM medical compatibility, so you can heal yourself at base if you have AGM medical system installed. Also, it will not break anything, it will be completely optional.

3) Mines at bases. Most likely optional. Not soon - still alot to learn.

4) Cargo/lift stuff. IgiLoad is tested and working, but not included ATM.

I also thought about civilians (and cp penalty for killing them), but since enemy bases almost never spawns in towns, this will be useless.

Edited by rlex

I am a man of many mods, and this is the ONLY mission I play in Arma 3! (and I mean it, this mission is the reason I wake up in the morning!) I know it may not be this simple, but I think it would be cool to just grab all of the vehicles from the BLUFOR faction when the mission is started, and give the user a menu that would allow them to set a CP price for each unidentified vehicle (or exclude them). This way, mod support wouldn't be necessary for every vehicle mod out there, but players would still be able to use things like re-textured hunters or Arma 2 vehicle ports without having to spawn them in illegitimately. Of cource, players could just choose unreasonably low prices and cheat, but it would be up to the player to choose reasonable prices.

Im sure other have had this working.

The most crude hack possible but it works.

init.sqf

// the following lines

Im no code expert but this works for dedicated server. however each player that joins gets a new base setup. there is obviously work to do here but its a start for me :)

next on my list is some code to check if a HQ exists then move players to that point and skip the generate mission section.

Please let me know when you get that working. Would love to have this mission on our dedicated server

// this is the original script, cleaned up a little

if (isServer) then { // SERVER INIT

DUWS_host_start = false;

publicVariable "DUWS_host_start";

waitUntil {time > 0.1};

getsize_script = [player] execVM "mapsize.sqf";

DUWS_host_start = true;

// init High Command

_handle = [] execVM "dialog\hc_init.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone getsize_script};

};

};

if (isServer) then

{

_null = [] execVM "dialog\startup\hq_placement\placement.sqf";

waitUntil {chosen_hq_placement};

// create random HQ

if (!hq_manually_placed && !player_is_choosing_hqpos) then {

hq_create = [20, 0.015] execVM "initHQ\locatorHQ.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone hq_create};

};

};

//These are the changes made to the same section to get dedicated server working.

//script changes here are within the 'IF MP' section of init.sqf

//***********************************

//XORXAND add '//' to the beginning of line 205,217,224,225

// or remove the section above and replace with...

//***********************************

DUWS_host_start = false;

waitUntil {time > 0.1};

getsize_script = [player] execVM "mapsize.sqf";

DUWS_host_start = true;

// init High Command

_handle = [] execVM "dialog\hc_init.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone getsize_script};

}; //<---this is the end of 'IF MP' section

if (!HQ_pos_found_generated) then{ //<-----this question checks to ask the question about HQ placement

_null = [] execVM "dialog\startup\hq_placement\placement.sqf";

waitUntil {chosen_hq_placement};

if (!hq_manually_placed && !player_is_choosing_hqpos) then {

hq_create = [20, 0.015] execVM "initHQ\locatorHQ.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone hq_create};

};

};

PRO's:

Dedicated server works

CON's:

- 1 person must log into the game and set up the parameters

- other players are not to join the server until the params are set

- other players are to wait a short while in the water before being tele to HQ (just wait it will happen)

- 1 person must be logged in to keep the game params running.

NOTES: this is but a simple code hack to make this work, please don't ask me to make any additional changes as I am already out of my depth. Do not credit me in any code changes you make here. I am not responsible for you, your game, your computer or the universe and everything contained within it, if this shit goes wrong.

Hope this works for you and hope that a real piece of code gets written to keep running a dedicated server version of this mission. ALL HAIL DUWS!!!

same problem here, i'm using Bigshot's version

Edit: also happening with rlex's

Edited by Sonenn

same problem here, i'm using Bigshot's version

Edit: also happening with rlex's

I'm also using bigshot's version. Maybe they'll try to fix this after the bootcamp DLC.

I'm aware of this bug. I think it's because parachute attaches to box in a wrong way and i believe i can fix that.

Problem is here: https://github.com/rlex/arma3-duws-le/blob/master/support/ammobox.sqf#L14-L18

Looks like BI changed something in chute or attachto code, but i can't find any info about this in changelog (i can't find complete changelog as well, only 2-3 latest versions).

However, right now i'm changing my work and i doesn't have much time to play/test DUWS, so it will take some time.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 ----------

Ok, less talk and more work, couple of free hours...

I think i fixed supply drop. Please check and report your results. You can find fixed version at usual place

Short fix story: now you need to manually adjust offset of AttachTo() function, i use 0,0,11 from -40 parachute distance (although graphics is a bit messy and this needs more precise tuning to avoid graphic glitches). I'm a bit busy IRL right now, so can't tune it to perfect right now. But hey, at least it works!

A bit of info:

I messed with R3F Logistics today and i feel like i will include it in mission.

I'll just copy their featurelist:

Movable objects : the player can carry an object and walk with it.

Transportable objects : objects can be loaded into vehicles or containers to transport them.

Helicopter lift : light vehicles, containers, ammunition crates, etc. can be lifted.

Towing : some objects, vehicles, and boats, can be towed to a vehicle.

Creation factory : one or more creation factories can be used as a spawning system. <- This will not be available, btw

How it's useful for DUWS?

Tow your quadbike to ifrit if you arrived to assasinate mission.

Recover transport heli and you can drop hunters and similar light transport to your friends in need.

Rebuild small fortifications.

Grab your supply drop, load it in Hunter/SUV/etc and drop it at new point.

Etc, etc, etc

Edited by rlex

just played around with it for a few mins to test the air drop. Its not perfect but it works it will sink but as soon and teh shoot is got it pops back up again,

Also on 4 tests all 4 task forces loaded into the apc and dint leave the base,

>just played around with it for a few mins to test the air drop. Its not perfect but it works it will sink but as soon and teh shoot is got it pops back up again,

I just need to tune it more. Later.

>Also on 4 tests all 4 task forces loaded into the apc and dint leave the base,

This is actually problem with A3 AI and there is nothing i can do about it. Placing main base close to road usually solves problem.

Think about positive side - your base is now more protected :D