kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Ok guy, here is v0.8b:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69354590/SPMP_DUWSv08b.Altis.rar

Could you tell me it this version runs smoothly ? If not, you'll probably have to revert back to v0.77a until I have acces to my main computer so I can fix it.

The rest of the issues, I'll look into it once I'll have my computer available.

@bigshot: I might do that for fast travel, however I have first to think about balancing issues with this.

This is running very smoothly for me now :yay:. Thanks a bunch! Sorry for the late reply

This is running very smoothly for me now :yay:. Thanks a bunch! Sorry for the late reply

Good, we will stick with 0.8b for now.

solam, if you are using @A3MP this is the issue.

Does anyone have a solution to keep the AI in their vehicles when they stupidly drive into the corner of a wall taking slight damage? This is killing my chosen method of transport across the map as it makes long Move orders almost impossible to manage...AI inevitably will take a corner to sharp and hit a building/wall/whatever and freak out when they break a headlight, disembarking everyone in the vehicle and sending everyone into combat mode. Even with my custom color teams setup it's still a pain in the ass to get everyone back in and on their way again.

I know this is probably not directly related to DUWS, but I'm hoping someone has experienced the same thing and found a mod/solution/something.

Made a small video from v0.8b showing that saving the game is not possible (I enabled unlimited saves, so that shouldn't be the problem). The video also shows the problem I have in VAS. Am I the only one with this VAS issue?

here is the video

Edited by Sirrah

This thread should be renamed.

Currently, it's "[sP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)" and I constantly skip this mission because I'm not playing in SP. I just discovered on armaholic (where it's sorted as a SP mission) that coop is included. :)

Good, we will stick with 0.8b for now.

solam, if you are using @A3MP this is the issue.

thank you so much !! .. It solve my problem ..

Can I change the side with edit some files ?

First of all i must say - thank you kibot!

I want to translate this mod 2 russian language, so, question to all - can you give me a start point. how and where begin?

I'll be very thankfull for that!

Hey Kibot,

Great mission, really enjoy it alot.

But, alas, after about 30 to 60 minutes, the FPS drops from 30-35 to 10-15....

It becomes truly unplayable sometimes even with 1 zone. Sometimes I simply start the mission and the FPS is already at 20.

Is there anything that is causing this? I don't understand how these FPS problems occur! This is the only mission available for a small group of people to enjoy all the features ArmA 3 has to offer. But I can't even play it properly :(

I've tried 0.77a; 0.8 and 0.8b.

None have worked well so far.

It's not my PC as I can play BeCTI with large groups of AI and almost no FPS loss. Is there anything I can do to improve FPS?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by DY_DEAD

Hello,

I find this mission simply incredible.

Only I have the bug after a side mission that I, or rather the enemies do not shoot at me more ... also my allies :pistols: ... which robs me of all the gaming fun

please help

it's exactly the same with my problem, but for me it didn't happen after side mission, but after playing about 2 hour, and all AI seems stop shooting, even enemy AI in front of me in under 100m just looking at me and then run away.

DUWS is really good Scenario for me but it become so boring when nobody is shooting.

sorry for my english

,thanks

it's exactly the same with my problem, but for me it didn't happen after side mission, but after playing about 2 hour, and all AI seems stop shooting, even enemy AI in front of me in under 100m just looking at me and then run away.

DUWS is really good Scenario for me but it become so boring when nobody is shooting.

sorry for my english

,thanks

Also me too !! .. Hop there are new fix ..

Due to the depth of this mission, I might be missing something obvious, but it appears that only the host can complete objectives for side missions (Crash site, rescue, ...). Is anyone else capable of completing the missions? I play with a small group, and we'd like to separate and have part of the group work on side missions and part take over a zone. We could make the host always work on side missions, but it would be nice if others could also complete them in case the host get's tired of that. Possibly allow group leaders complete them.

We played several rounds and have won during various levels of taking over areas. What are the end game/winning requirements? Take over the majority of zones? Eliminate x% of enemies? What determines a win?

First thanks and awesome mission. Love the fact this works on any map!

I don't know if this has been reported, but on the new maps (@A3MP) the enemy areas spawn outside the map. Might be due to map being smaller i assume and leaving the size defaults on startup. Just a FYI. Thanks

Hey, is there a way to switch factions, I want to start as Opfor? so I can use my new units

Hey, is there a way to switch factions, I want to start as Opfor? so I can use my new units

I wish that ..

Awesome mod, always loved the mods where it just randomizes a "mission" for ye, since if you make it yourself its kinda dull since you know everything :P

One thing though, I want to play on the the map Thirsk and i got it working on the summer version of thirsk, but i wanted to play on the winter version and i've tried calling the pbo file

"thirsk" which worked for the summer version of the map, "thirsk2" , "thirskwinter" , "thirsk_winter" but non of those work :/ any suggestions? :)

EDIT: now i've tried "thirsk-winter" too :P

Edited by Papayata

Awesome Mission we enjoy a lot with our fellas, but we have two problems: one the FPS drops, and the other, when the host try to open to select missions, the host get stucked.

Kibot - thanks for this great attempt to create a wonderful replayable experience.

Here are the issues that I've come across, maybe you'll have time to have a look at them some day:

1. As others mentioned earlier, at some point the AI becomes 'sleepy' and stops recognizing enemies. Opfor allow themselves to be shot like sitting ducks without any attempts to shoot back, they only run around or flee. Bluefor AI also seems to be dumbed down. Once that happens, the game becomes pointless.

2. I couldn't reload any saved games played on maps from Arma 2 mappack - the missing file info appears.

3. After I captured a few zones Opfor captured them back, but I kept receiving +3CP every 30 minutes - at one point I was receiving +9CP although all zones were red!

4. One time when I (a team leader) died, the second in charge (AI) took the command of my team, even after my respawn - I could not give orders to my team anymore (AI gave them to me). I saved and restarted - was still under AI's orders, even when I changed the team on the team selection screen.

looking forward to any solutions to those issues above,

cheers.

Hello! I personally want to thank you for killing my social life with this amazing mission! :yay:

Created a account on the forum just to talk about this mission!

Just a quick question though, me and a few friends want to play the game using the units we created for BLUFOR. BUT, I cannot seem to find where the "hand-added" untis file is. I wish to add/replace some of the Operatives to use the custom unit skins/models we added! any help would be amazing :D

Keep up the good work!

KILL THE BANANNAS :coop: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::681:

it says press 0-0-0 to save game but it doesnt save.I am playing sp if that matters

Ok i tried to manual place enemy zones but the init.sqf file is located in a folder in my downloads section, It does nothing when i change values to true any reason for this?

Just want to report a bug with making a custom Campaign:

If, after changing the parameters in the init, and placing the game logic down, you pack the pbo and try to play it, it will spawn you at the placed base, but force you to choose between a random or manual placement of HQ. If you use Manual Placement it will make a SECOND HQ and not delete the first one.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Make sure you are using the number keys above your main keys (i.e. not the ones on the numpad).

Just want to report a bug with making a custom Campaign:

If, after changing the parameters in the init, and placing the game logic down, you pack the pbo and try to play it, it will spawn you at the placed base, but force you to choose between a random or manual placement of HQ. If you use Manual Placement it will make a SECOND HQ and not delete the first one.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Make sure you are using the number keys above your main keys (i.e. not the ones on the numpad).

Hi just wanted to let you know that if you scroll down a little further in the init file you will find this:

Chosen HQ Placement = false (change this to true) when manually placing the HQ. It should not ask you to choose at the begining anymore.

Hello! I personally want to thank you for killing my social life with this amazing mission! :yay:

Created a account on the forum just to talk about this mission!

Just a quick question though, me and a few friends want to play the game using the units we created for BLUFOR. BUT, I cannot seem to find where the "hand-added" untis file is. I wish to add/replace some of the Operatives to use the custom unit skins/models we added! any help would be amazing :D

Keep up the good work!

KILL THE BANANNAS :coop: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::681:

Check in the missions dialog folder, you should find it in there.

Hey guys!, been playing around with some editing for this mission and this is what I've done so far:

- added Armory to FOB's

- added Rest/save to HQ

- added HALO to HQ & FOB's (action menu)

- added Request Units dialogue to FOB's (limited units available only)

- added HEAL to HQ & FOB's (action menu)

- added Repair/Re-arm Vehicles to FOB's (action menu)

- added Teleport/Fast Travel now works with group

- added more options for higher CP mission start (100,200,300,400,600 added)

- added Disable Fatigue option in Parameters screen in mission lobby

- added Time of Day start option in Parameters screen in mission lobby

- added some nite lighting to HQ & FOB's (applied when fortifying)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New As of Jan 23rd, 2014:

- added option to start with higher AP (so enemy will use attack choppers)

- added MLRS to list of vehicles you can request (cost is 100 CP)

- added Titan launchers and their magazines (AA & AT) to the Nato Support Box (supply drop) so AI in your group can rearm themselves.

- adjusted spawn location when requesting units so they'll spawn a bit farther away from the HQ/FOB building and not get stuck inside.

- fixed the ComboScrollbar errors

- fixed a couple different .rpt errors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New As of Jan 27rd, 2014:

- adjusted clean-up script to remove wrecked vehicles and dead bodies every 20 minutes

I'm no coder so most of this is pretty basic cut/paste/modify...nothing fancy but it all works on LAN. Have not tested with other players connected.

I won't be uploading this as I really can't support it due to both lack of time and proper skills, but if anyone is interested you could always IM me your email address and I'll send you off a copy.

Edited by BigShot