kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Hello there

Just a quick heads up that this works well with the new(!?) Iron Front maps.

Rgds

LoK

I updated the DUWS to v0.77 !

The main feature is the addition of a revive script for MP, since it has been asked quite a few times.

Also, you can't save the game manually with the escape menu anymore, you'll have to rest, create a FOB or spend 1 CP for SITREP.

The rest of it are tweaks and fixes as usual.

edit: Oh, and by the way, merry christmas !

edit #2: I had to do a quick update to 0.77a, saves weren't working properly.

Just FYI...

0.77a is still not saving. Same errors as before for me. Using Altis, but do have A3MP maps installed and enabled, but not using.

Just FYI...

0.77a is still not saving. Same errors as before for me. Using Altis, but do have A3MP maps installed and enabled, but not using.

Are you using the steam workshop version ?

My saves also aren't working correctly ( all the items ive previously unlocked all have to be unlocked again). Also I've noticed that both the boat taxi and chopper taxi are not working. Version .77a (not downloaded from the workshop)

Just gave it a whirl on CLAfghan via AiA! It seemed to work well although I had this strange horizontal plane that would appear across the screen sometimes and if I wasn't careful to place the HQ close to the center of the map it would create zones outside the borders of the map. Good fun though!

Are we committed to the new 'no save' feature?

I liked it the way it was, I didn't realize it was broken.

Hey there,

Yesterday my friend and me downloaded the Task Force Arrowhead Radio mod (TFAR). Everything worked great.

So today I found this awesome dynamic mission you've created. I really like it and my friend likes it too.

Both of us are using the same mods. One of them is Task Force Arrowhead Radio. At the HQ it works perfect. But if we're standing 5 - 10 meters away from the HQ, a radio sound appears and the mod isn't working anymore. The TeamSpeak sound switches back to normal. (No 3D sound/radio chat anymore)

After getting back to the HQ door the mod activates itself again.

We are using mission version 0.8 on Altis.

And mod version 0.8.3.

Like I said before: Other missions and islands are working perfectly.

Do you have any clou why this is happening?

I'm sorry if someone already was asking about the same thing.

I used google and the the word-filter-option of Opera to search through the thread.

BTW: Sorry for my bad English.

Started playing it.. i want to play this so bad but by the time i goto clear a barracks or whatever the game starts lagging so bad and becomes almost impossible to aim / play. Have a i7 920 OC @ 3.7 GHZ, 12 GB 1600mhz ram and a gtx 670 OC... can run the game @ decent settings with anything else but this just kills my computer?

@daterxies: What mods are you running ? How many zones have you created ? How much time does it take before it starts lagging ?

I'll take a look at the saves.

@xSnake2007x: Thanks for pointing that to me, it's me being completely idiotic and using onEachFrame just outside BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler... *facepalm*

In the meantime, what you could do is simply go into the mission file and inside initHQ\BluHQinit.sqf and remove the following line:

_drawicon = [] execVM "inithq\drawIcon.sqf"; // create the icon

@daterxies: What mods are you running ? How many zones have you created ? How much time does it take before it starts lagging ?

@xSnake2007x: Thanks for pointing that to me, it's me being completely idiotic and using onEachFrame just outside BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler... *facepalm*

In the meantime, what you could do is simply go into the mission file and inside initHQ\BluHQinit.sqf and remove the following line:

Only addon i have is CBA. Everything i have set at default.. so thats 6 zones right? it probably starts kicking in 15-20 minutes into the game.. once i buy some stuff and head out ussually when i get into my first fire fight.

Thanks for responding so fast. You helped me out a lot. Everything is working now :) Thank you!

You're doing a great job with this missions. Keep it up!

Oh, and before I forget....

Happy New Year

Only addon i have is CBA. Everything i have set at default.. so thats 6 zones right? it probably starts kicking in 15-20 minutes into the game.. once i buy some stuff and head out ussually when i get into my first fire fight.

Interesting... Could you test it on v0.77a and tell me if the lag is also happening ?

edit: nvm, I think i just found why it would lag so bad in the last version of the DUWS, I've updated the mission in the first page. Could you tell me if you're still experiencing those lags ?

@xSnake2007x: np, happy new year to you all ;)

edit2:due to the amount of issues it's causing, i ll probably revert to the old saving method

Edited by kibot

Interesting... Could you test it on v0.77a and tell me if the lag is also happening ?

edit: nvm, I think i just found why it would lag so bad in the last version of the DUWS, I've updated the mission in the first page. Could you tell me if you're still experiencing those lags ?

@xSnake2007x: np, happy new year to you all ;)

edit2:due to the amount of issues it's causing, i ll probably revert to the old saving method

Side mission selection is not working too. I can choose side missions ok before warcom kicks in and music plays (before or during zone generation). After that (when it autosaves) clicking side missions one side mission map doesn't bring that do you accept selected mission prompt. Nothing simply happens. I'm using latest Arma with CBA and few mods (JSRS, Blastcore, AiA,AISS,FFIS,TPW). 0.77a worked ok but I really need that helicopter taxi being available after pilot leaves vehicle fix.

kilbot - was wondering after you fix the taxi's....would it be possible to make the fast travel function in such a way that your AI group members will come with you?...and that you can also fast travel while in a vehicle you've unlocked?...this way you can purchase a vehicle and load yourself and your group inside and then fast travel to an FOB you've built. This is the way it works in Arma1 & Arma2 vanilla Warfare missions. Would also love to see an option to respawn at an FOB, instead of only at base.

Ok guy, here is v0.8b:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69354590/SPMP_DUWSv08b.Altis.rar

Could you tell me it this version runs smoothly ? If not, you'll probably have to revert back to v0.77a until I have acces to my main computer so I can fix it.

The rest of the issues, I'll look into it once I'll have my computer available.

@bigshot: I might do that for fast travel, however I have first to think about balancing issues with this.

I can't load my game or resume !! it's say:

"you can not load this mission because it is dependent on...etc" !!

can you help ?!

Hello!

Can any1 tell me how can I run this mission (v.77a) properly in MP? For this awesome mission I rent a server (lol), and now when I start the mission my soldier is in a water and all I can see (besides water ofcourse ;) ) is an information that I wait for host to find HQ. And thats all. I changed in init.sqf parameter: hq_manually_placed into true but it didn't help.

Does anyone have a solution?

Looks like my issues were cause by AISS. When I deactivated it everything works ok.

First of all, many thanks Kibot for all the effort you're putting into this. DUWS makes my arma 3 experience a lot more exciting!

I've just been testing out v0.8b. Unfortunately, as said before I cannot save anymore. After reinstalling the game i was able to save once, but after loading I couldn't save again.

Apart from that, I have a question about VAS.

The armory isn't working properly here. I can buy the armory with cp points and enter it which gives me the VAS interface. But then when I select a weapon for instance and press "add item" nothing happens. Also removing gear does not work.

Any idea what that is? I tried 4 different DUWS versions and had several complete arma 3 reinstalls but nothing helps

Hmmm... I have no mods activated. Neither server nor game.

Sirrah - try double click on an item.

Sirrah - try double click on an item.

Tried that too.. no result :(

Hello!

Can any1 tell me how can I run this mission (v.77a) properly in MP? For this awesome mission I rent a server (lol), and now when I start the mission my soldier is in a water and all I can see (besides water ofcourse ;) ) is an information that I wait for host to find HQ. And thats all. I changed in init.sqf parameter: hq_manually_placed into true but it didn't help.

Does anyone have a solution?

According to the first page and the readme, this cannot be run on a dedicated server and must be played on a LISTEN server, meaning "non-dedicated" instance of A3 as if you were hosting from your own computer and able to interact with players in the game world from the server box.