kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

i have killed much more than 20 enemy...but the zone is red...how capture the zone??

i have killed much more than 20 enemy...but the zone is red...how capture the zone??

I'm not sure, but it seems to me, every time I've played this mission, after clearing a zone, enemy respawn about 4 or 5 AI units, so you have to go hunt them down as well. because they make a last attempt to reoccupy the zone.............but like I said, not sure about this..................

I've manually placed the zones and HQ and previewed them in the editor before exporting them to single missions. Now, (maybe it's because of today's dev branch update) every time I start up my mission my character is swimming in the air and I can even hear the water splashes but the main base is at Altis airbase and all other soldiers are walking about fine.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Alright, now I'm certain that it's to do with today's update. Yesterday when I previewed it in the editor, it was working fine. Today, I loaded it up in the editor and previewed it and I was swimming in the air.

Great mission!

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that it seems impossible to encounter enemies outside of zones (unless you go to a zone, shoot at them than flee, they will somehow chase you for a while). I'd like to have players stay frosty at all time when travelling to a zone and have a chance to meet random patrols instead of them just starting to focus when entering a red zone.

Is anything planned for this (or is it already possible and I can't figure it out?).

Thanks!

Kibot, thank you for this great (best!) mission for Arma 3.

But could you tell you know something about the bug:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)&p=2550989&viewfull=1#post2550989

I can say the support is available again after I was dead.

Sorry for my horrible English.

"MP NOTES:

This mission can be played in coop. Regarding the nature of the DUWS, it must be run on a listen server. Does not work on a dedicated server. I suggest adding a password to your game, so only friends can join and no random guy will be able to trash your game."

So have you looked into DUWS working on dedicated servers! I have been running servers for Arma2 and our clan is moving over to Arma3. We been running DUWS mode on our Clients and would like to push this to our dedicated servers!

DLLKillem

^^Ah yes good point Kibot.

Though it could be a good opportunity to replace VAS with something that fits more into the game mode, i.e. some sort of progression system (going through tiers of rifles) (not starting with titans)

Also perhaps in the same unlock system (could be a tech tree) you could unlock different classes of troops.

Now that we can place where the HQ goes, would we be able to spawn jets, say if there was a runway in range.

(Also personally I would love to see the option of having a re-spawn system in single player)

I'm implementing "special operatives" to the DUWS. They are special units that stay during the whole duration of the campaign. That's a lot more interesting since. Their gear is sometimes a bit different and their skills improve as you progress in the campaign. It's a nice way to add the new A3 feature of nameSound, with the leader calling their callsign or names instead of "4, return to formation". I miss the days of the good old Ghost Recon series :).

f1wxgVl.jpg

It's completely rough. I'll probably release a new version of the DUWS tomorrow, with again, fixes and tweaks.

If this is a good idea, I might do that for squads with the HC, with the ORBAT being visible like in the A3 campaign. Then, availability of assets could be predetermined following what kind of unit the player has chosen in the beginning: airborne infantry, heavy mechanized infantry, light infantry, marines, ... A bit like in Wargame: airland battle. However, I'm just thinking out loud here. I still have a lot of work to do for the immersion.

Do you guys have suggestions for spawning stuff requested at the HQ without having them appearing magically next to you ?

Requiring a runway next to the base would make the campaign generation a lot less random, and having an AI in a chopper landing and unloading stuff is not really reliable.

---------- Post added at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

I'll answer your questions tomorrow guys, it's late in the night/early in the evening, i need some sleep :).

I like having a runway, port or beach as a base requirement, seams best for resupply. Should fast travel between FOB's be made for the entire squad?

Also FOB's could also be sandbagged bunkers for variety.

It would be nice to see enemy icons on the map when they're reported by an FOB instead of just a message. Icons could provide better situational awareness and might even allow the player to lay down some artillery or mortar fire on the enemy units if he possesses SP Guns and mortars or even MLRS.

I updated to v0.76, so you can play a bit with the new "special operative" system. Enemy patrols between zones should also be more frequent.

As usual, check the changelog for all the changes.

@irfanahmed1979: yes, that's a good idea.

@kurtz1:teleporting all the squad would make the fast travel too powerful.

@Kommiekat: enemy units do not respawn in the zone you are in. If you ecounter additionnal enemy units, they may be QRF sent from another zone or just people you missed.

@dfsgdcfa: I'll have to try to reproduce this bug and look into that when I have time.

Also, I don't plan on making the DUWS working on a dedicated server.

1 small problem. When placing HQ manually, all enemy outposts are clustered around HQ, leaving the rest of the island empty.

Helicopter taxi is broken. First time ive tried going back to A3 in months...loaded up this mission and tried to perform a chopper insertion only to find that after my team and I (all AI on LAN) took off, the chopper flew over the LZ i had marked on the map, but instead of landing there and dropping us off it just flew us right back to the pickup location back at base.

This was using v76A, have not tried this in older versions as I said I have not played in months due to poor AI, lack of vanilla warfare mode, screwed up skill settings, screwy annoying fatigue and countless other issues that I no longer want any part of.

I only came back because this is the only mission I'd bother with at this point, so I just wanted to give you the heads-up about the chopper thing.

Edited by BigShot

@kurtz1: you can define the maximum radius around the HQ for the zones placement at the startup screen.

@bigshot: I'll take a look at the taxi.

Hi Kibot, first of all, thanx for such awesome work!

Im totally new on ARMA III i came here, looking for something like a campaing, automatic, no need to edit things, just click and play...

But, in the readme file i saw that i can play on any island by only swaping file names on the .PBO file

Can u tell me please, what should i do with the folder named "SPMP_DUWSv076a.Altis" that folder doesn't need a change of name, right? just the .PBO "SPMP_DUWSv076a.Altis.pbo"

Also, on the readme the example doesn't match the file names of the newest mod version.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

How to export the mission to another island?////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just rename the .pbo to the extension of the other island

Example: DWS.stratis.pbo >> DWS.chernarus.pbo

That's it!

As you see im pretty lost, actually, i just copy and paste bot, the folder and the .pbo file, on my missions folder, then played no problems so far.

Want to know which are the diferent file names i can use to generate diferent island please? can u list 'em for me?

Have a lot of questions lol... didnt know how exactly VAS script works... but it doesn't mather right now haha

That's all, wanna say thanx in advance for all your time and help, and don't blame me for my bad english!

See ya from Argentina

Hi, thx for the best mp campaign :)

I have to ask something about zones. Sorry for my english.

1. Is there any option (and how it works) to place zones manually - just like the HQ ? It could be superb when we get option to place the zones in specific places.

2. This also help to make awesome combained operation in map like minihattan - becouse the zones run out from the map.

also it will be helpfull if we get option in settings to clear objects from map (dead bodies etc.)

I was thinking about some new side missions, and something like convoy from A to B can be good or not?

Keep up in good work and Thank You once again :)

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

kilbot, thanks for all you do.

I'm using DUWS with the recently released Arma 3 Map Pack, which includes some of the Arma 2 maps, but after dying and loading a save point, I get an error and the game locks up immediately after.

Error: http://i.imgur.com/gsxaXke.jpg

Locked up: http://i.imgur.com/cvKRAF1.jpg

Is there something I have to do?

Yes, me too got problem with new arma 2 maps release. After loading i get a list of items deleated and the continue button dont respond. (no rule if i set up rest/save or sitrap)

This is a really great Map, thanks for this work!!!

Is it also possible to add a respawn or a respawn system in this special type of Map?

I would be happy to put =BTC= Revive in it for an example, will this work?

Cheers!

Edited by Croshy

Hello,

I find this mission simply incredible.

Only I have the bug after a side mission that I, or rather the enemies do not shoot at me more ... also my allies :pistols: ... which robs me of all the gaming fun

please help

was already reported several times........reduce enemy zones and ai may help. if i recall correct, there was no real solution in the end

Hello.

Currently in drawIcon.sqf deprecated type of frame handler is used onEachFrame. It breask compatibility with some mods, including TFAR: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2584580&viewfull=1#post2584580

Could you please to replace onEachFrame by https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

Thanks you.

Hi there, i placed duws on zargabad with fixed zones and hq but there is problem with hq double spawns at hq gamelogic placed in editor. Did i forgot something or just did wrong somewhere (yes i modified entries in init.sqf as they where said to mod them) Beside that everything is working great.

@nkey: will do.

@mith86arg: the DUWS does not generate islands, it generates the campaign on wich island you have ported it, but you must have the island installed first.

Regarding the manual placement of zones, you might want to revert to 0.75a, I haven't tested it a single time for compatibility since that so I'll have to look into it.

For the bugs with the ArmA2 islands, I'll check that tonight or tomorrow. At first glance it looks like each time you load a saved game, it executes the init.sqf a second time ?

edit: regarding the A2 islands map pack, you can't save when you're playing on these.

@Croshy: yes, I'll probably add a revive script for mp.

I'll try to modify the zone creation script to see if I can solve the AI bug.

Edited by kibot

I updated the DUWS to v0.77 !

The main feature is the addition of a revive script for MP, since it has been asked quite a few times.

Also, you can't save the game manually with the escape menu anymore, you'll have to rest, create a FOB or spend 1 CP for SITREP.

The rest of it are tweaks and fixes as usual.

edit: Oh, and by the way, merry christmas !

edit #2: I had to do a quick update to 0.77a, saves weren't working properly.

Edited by kibot