kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

I have tested with and without ai mods and I only experience AI squad freezing and being in a constant state of fatigue with this mission, even after medic heals me or being healed at base camp. Sometimes it sets in on immediate contact with the enemy, and other times a few hours into play. I've had to scrap 5 games so far with no luck. One of my favorites so far but will check in on later updates. I will test some more and see if other scenarios have the same issues

My first brush with the infamous "AI not engaging each other" bug. It happened on Altis. Never occurred on Stratis, captured the island twice. This was my second time on Altis. I had a lot of units active. Maybe it is to do with the number of units that have been spawned.

How do you know the AI is not engaging each other? Can you see them stood next to each other, or are you going on last-known positions on the map? Will the enemy engage you or do they seem oblivious to everything?

Also, is this just for high-command squads or does it happen with your own squad too?

As for the fatigue issue, I'm still doubting that this is to do with DUWS. What are you carrying? The fatigue system in Arma is pretty hardcore (weight from gear adds up really quick). When I play as an AT guy (rifle, pistol, AT gun, FAK, ammo, 3 rockets) I find just jogging(or walking up-hill) a few metres will make my guy out of breath.

DUWS never touches any players fatigue level, which is why I'm doubting it is related to this mission.

I would really appreciate some more detailed bug reports from you guys. I know it's a pain having to report lots of seemingly irrelevant information but it really helps when trying to figure out whats going wrong if I know more information.

The only moment the DUWS is modifying the fatigue is when you are activating the "Enhanced conditionning" ability. And if this script were to break (but it has never happened to me and has never been reported), like if it was stuck in a loop, well you would have infinite stamina instead of being always exhausted.

Like the AI bug, it might be the engine that can't really handle a single very long mission with a lot of scripts without breaking a bit, but I'm not really sure...

Hey, I am kinda new so I can't give the best report either on the bugs that occure, but I will try to explain it!

So I have been playing your great mod, and its bassicly for me the most fun thing to do on Arma 3 but it seems like the ai has problems (I've seen quite some people saying that they have problems with the ai). Whenever I just start the Ai works fine for me and everything is right, but very, very shortly after I've started/had a fight it seems like the agressive part kinda goes of the enemy.

My units, nor squads from the hq/my own comanded squads will target the enemy, and the same goes for my own squad/team members. The ai just walks around and stuff, but they will never shoot, with a few exceptions. Once after a side mission with the ambush thing and the patrol, they first didn't shoot my team or them and they walked like in each other and then randomly they went all shooting. Then second time when I was at a bunker and they were all clumped up and buggy as soon as I almost stood in them they opened fire.

But so far it always works fine on the begin and after a tiny shoot out it stops working for the rest of the game with some exceptions. Its just like the enemy becomes friendly/neutral or something its really weird :( hopefully you can fix it and my info helps you a bit with it eventhough I think it wont haha :)

Btw before I forget it, when I played for the very first time, this didn't happen and it worked fine all game long but after that it started happening every game

tldr enemy and friendly both don't shoot each other after a very short time into the game and bug

Edited by NervO

I wouldn't mind seeing a supply chain added to this. As AP grows more resupply units are sent out to reinforce the front lines this would also open up the option for another side mission "ambush". I'll play around with the mission editor and see what I can do with something like that unless tim wants to tackle it.

As for the soldiers not firing; this morning I experienced that for the first time and will test it when im back home. I think it has something to do with using the "user save" feature over the SiteRep option but that could of been chance. I also had two full companies(64 infantry with tank support) rocking and rolling.

How do you know the AI is not engaging each other? Can you see them stood next to each other, or are you going on last-known positions on the map? Will the enemy engage you or do they seem oblivious to everything?

Also, is this just for high-command squads or does it happen with your own squad too?

As for the fatigue issue, I'm still doubting that this is to do with DUWS. What are you carrying? The fatigue system in Arma is pretty hardcore (weight from gear adds up really quick). When I play as an AT guy (rifle, pistol, AT gun, FAK, ammo, 3 rockets) I find just jogging(or walking up-hill) a few metres will make my guy out of breath.

DUWS never touches any players fatigue level, which is why I'm doubting it is related to this mission.

I would really appreciate some more detailed bug reports from you guys. I know it's a pain having to report lots of seemingly irrelevant information but it really helps when trying to figure out whats going wrong if I know more information.

I had a squad under my direct command and we were in an enemy controlled zone on Altis. The enemy soldiers were about 400 m away from us. My squad members didn't even call out their positions (bearing and range) and neither did my character call out their positions. The only way I was alerted to their presence was when I asked for a UAV recon (in the supports menu) and found out four red dots not far from my position. After that I advanced towards their last known location and could finally see them just walking perpendicular to us. I fired a few shots but they didn't engage, instead they started running. I had to run after them and kill them at point blank range without any resistance.

After this another recon flight showed my some more red dots in my vicinity. I alone advanced towards them (ordering my squad members to halt). I started firing at them when I was approximately 100m away. Again, they didn't engage me, they just started running and I had to run after them and shoot them down at a very close range. When I neutralized this enemy team I got the message that the zone had been captured by US forces. Now, I only had one more enemy zone to capture. So I along with twelve other friendly AI soldiers flew into that zone in a CH-49 Mohawk and as soon after we entered this zone I got the mission complete message and that was all.

Anyone else having their CO killed by spawning vehicles? Seems tanks are dropping on my HQ or close to it and exploding.

Anyone else having their CO killed by spawning vehicles? Seems tanks are dropping on my HQ or close to it and exploding.

That was a bug in an earlier version. Make sure you've got the latest version.

Thanks for the reports on the AI not engaging. It is very odd but I am looking into it.

I think a new version is coming by the way! :).

That was a bug in an earlier version. Make sure you've got the latest version.

Thanks for the reports on the AI not engaging. It is very odd but I am looking into it.

I think a new version is coming by the way! :).

Timsk, what do you mean by that phrase?

"AI not engaging bug" is discussing here since ARMA 3 Beta.

And there is still no cure for this

Kibot told us that it is BI bug. He can not fix it.

That's why I'm looking everyday for news on arma 3 site and this thread....... but nothing changes, and I can't play this GREAT mission because of this!

I have just started playing this mission as SP. So far, great mission. I'm having a problem though. How does one get the fire teams to board a vehicle? I'm using fire teams not single AI. When I have a vehicle, such as the helo taxi, I'll highlight a fire team, say F1, and there is no command to board a chopper. The manual says to select the AI, hit 4, and there should the commands for boarding nearby vehicles. All I'm seeing when I hit 4 after selecting the fire team, is speed movement selections.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

I have just started playing this mission as SP. So far, great mission. I'm having a problem though. How does one get the fire teams to board a vehicle? I'm using fire teams not single AI. When I have a vehicle, such as the helo taxi, I'll highlight a fire team, say F1, and there is no command to board a chopper. The manual says to select the AI, hit 4, and there should the commands for boarding nearby vehicles. All I'm seeing when I hit 4 after selecting the fire team, is speed movement selections.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

That is something Tim is working on. HQ units cant board anything yet... they need to be under your direct control.

That is something Tim is working on. HQ units cant board anything yet... they need to be under your direct control.

OK. So what I need to do is break up the fire teams into individuals and command them individually? OR, use the fire teams as support & go with a direct squad of AI. Hoping Tim can figure out how to get HQ units to board vehicles. That would really improve the mission and bring it to a larger scale! Good work! Keep it going.

OK. So what I need to do is break up the fire teams into individuals and command them individually? OR, use the fire teams as support & go with a direct squad of AI. Hoping Tim can figure out how to get HQ units to board vehicles. That would really improve the mission and bring it to a larger scale! Good work! Keep it going.

I let me infantry leg it the whole time right now or sometimes I just do a half platoon to platoon. With each squad having their own transport. The HQ units are support for "my guys"

Updated to 0.75 !

Thanks to timsk and to DemolitionsTech for contributing.

The main highlight for 0.75 is the addition of the FOB manager. Other tweaks, additions and fixes.

Check the changelog for a complete list.

Kibot, what system are you using to work with Timsk, do you have a shared code repository?

Kibot,

Does this recent fix address the ability to put HQ fireteams into available vehicles?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm using the stock ARMA 3 with only CBA mod, fullscreen night vision mod & stancxe indicator mod

Edited by Sailindawg

I'm using the Dev build. I downloaded version 0.75. I set the HQ to be manually placed by following instructions in the INIT.sqf. Used to work fine in the previous version 0.74b, but now I get a script error message (the black screen) and I can't make is go away. It's almost in the centre of the screen and it stays there.

This doesn't happen when the HQ is placed automatically, although I do get another script error message (related to weather) but this one goes away when I select the supports menu.

Edited by irfanahmed1979
Found something new related to the post

I'm using the Dev build. I downloaded version 0.75. I set the HQ to be manually placed by following instructions in the INIT.sqf. Used to work fine in the previous version 0.74b, but now I get a script error message (the black screen) and I can't make is go away. It's almost in the centre of the screen and it stays there.

This doesn't happen when the HQ is placed automatically, although I do get another script error message (related to weather) but this one goes away when I select the supports menu.

Use the release build. I get all sorts of issues on the dev build (in this and other missions).

I also have the 'AI not engaging' issue. The enemy won't engage me, and my team won't engage them. This happens from starting a mission. Bizarrely if I use a helicopter (e.g. the Pawnee) to shoot at them, sometimes they return fire. I can provide as much information on this as you like. I know this may be a general Arma bug, but I can't find anything on the tracker. If you know of one, point me at it.

Otherwise apart from it being a bit like shooting fish in a barrel as a result of the above, great mission. Suggestions wise, I'd first like to see more capabilities at the FOB - when using ground vehicles, it's a huge pain to have to go back to base for a refit, along with all the other main base only tasks. Integrating the vehicle lift for heavy helicopters would help there too. I'd like to see a way to edit the initial mission parameters mid-mission too; e.g. make the enemy tougher, give them new bases, etc to prolong the mission once underway.

I have been playing this mission all day, however, after just a few in-game days, I find that the fog level is soo dense, that the mission is simply unplayable. Is there a way for me to edit the mission and change the weather given that the weather option at the beginning is not functional ATM?

I have also been getting the AI not attacking/fog issue. I have had this happen in at least two different games.

It seems to be a massive reduction in the ability of the AI to spot enemy units, and affects both friendly and enemy AIs. I say this because I just had two enemy pilots come to within a few meters of my squad before the enemy and squad engaged each other (resulting in the deaths of the enemy). Conditions were only very slightly foggy.

The bug was also leading to large numbers of enemy and friendly units converging into the centre of zones that the enemy had recaptured.

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

As well as the AI visibility/not engaging issue, I have also experienced problems with assigning team yellow to the high command, when trying to do this from an FOB. I would do it, and get a message saying they were assigned, but they weren't. I had previously assigned a soldier to high command in this way earlier in the game.

I had assigned the soldier to the high command because of another issue that I have observed on at least 2 occasions. Each time it happened to some sort of sniper in my squad. They would go prone, appear to scan the horizon, and be unable to move.

I have also recently experienced my commander dying (several times last night). I don't know if it was because of them being squashed by vehicles or not.

Seems the commander dying is a result of vehicles dropping in on each other. Usually happens when the AP has hit a high point and something either blocks the spawn point like a fence or a rock. It can happen if you save CP and buy multiple units with tanks as well like if you rapidly purchase a mech squad. Tim or kibot might know how to fix this pretty easily i'm familiarizing myself with the warcom stuff now to see if I can find a fix as well. Still no clue about the AI not engaging that one is just annoying.