kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Never mind my previous question, found the statements in zones init... I am running the latest DEV build and I am getting the AI not shooting problem really frequently now, like during the first zone attack.. It might be some memory stuff tho, I was running Atlis and 12 zones. Save/Reload fixes it for a little while then it's bugged again.. Gonna try on Chernarus once I get home where I have my AIA build and see what's what.. Anyways, excellent work all around!

Suggestions:

-Ambient music for those long transport drives between zones...

Just had time to try this for the first time.

Thanks a lot! Had a ton of fun.

Hey there, sorry for interrupting the conversation, but I've been playing on Stratis for the past few days now, going around and plonking down FOBs whenever I capture a zone. My problem is that the FOBs eventually get wiped out. Is there any way to rearm them? If not, I think you should be able to for ~5 cp.

Just make simple option in the beginning dialog: Hide Enemy Zones (ON/OFF), so om the map we will see only Our Base

I find this to be an odd request since it goes against what the mission is about to begin with. If the mission is about capturing only very specific territory then how is the player supposed to know where the territory is, if it's not marked on a map? (as it would be in real life)

...also for the triggers to work properly in game the players need to understand the size and dimension of the capture area. If not the mission would not function properly. The only other way to do this would be to use the town names/areas already on the map and make each capture area the same radius...you can do this but then the mission would be more like playing an "EVO" mission instead of the dynamically created zones we have now.

...so I'm left a bit confused by what you're asking for...but maybe I just misunderstood what you were trying to say, wouldn't be the first time :-)

I have been playing this single player for several weeks. Finally got a chance to play 2 player co op and the game took on a whole new dimension. It was fun before, but it's fun x10 with someone else.

After about 4 hours of total gameplay (two sessions), I started noticing considerable lag on my machine (the host), also several of my ai squadmates stopped responding to my orders, so I had to execute them. My questions/requests are:

1. Can you implement an option to disband a member of your squad? After killing a few of my ai that stopped taking orders, the rest of the team turned on me because I was a team killer. I would have preferred to just delete the unresponsive team member.

2. Is there a vehicle cleanup script at all? I ask because I'm not sure if this is what was causing the later game lag. I noticed a disabled ifrit from early in the game was still sitting at the edge of the island. It would be great to limit disabled vehicles to 20/30 minutes or something.

Thanks kibot, great work!

I find this to be an odd request since it goes against what the mission is about to begin with. If the mission is about capturing only very specific territory then how is the player supposed to know where the territory is, if it's not marked on a map? (as it would be in real life)

...also for the triggers to work properly in game the players need to understand the size and dimension of the capture area. If not the mission would not function properly. The only other way to do this would be to use the town names/areas already on the map and make each capture area the same radius...you can do this but then the mission would be more like playing an "EVO" mission instead of the dynamically created zones we have now.

...so I'm left a bit confused by what you're asking for...but maybe I just misunderstood what you were trying to say, wouldn't be the first time :-)

I don't know that arma 3 is possible for, but

1. You are little wrong - the mission is very clear - capture whole island ( It means for this mission - capture all zones)

2. There some ways to get information about zones:

- Look in Inventory of killed enemy from a zone

- go in a zone (deeper then xx meters)

- etc.

Suggestions:

-Ambient music for those long transport drives between zones...

I would actually NOT suggest that, for my own selfish reasons. I use the TPW Radio mod that uses the music volume to add radio chatter in vehicles.

Some of us don't want music in our wargame xD

---------- Post added at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 ----------

I don't know that arma 3 is possible for, but

1. You are little wrong - the mission is very clear - capture whole island ( It means for this mission - capture all zones)

2. There some ways to get information about zones:

- Look in Inventory of killed enemy from a zone

- go in a zone (deeper then xx meters)

- etc.

Yeah but then how do you expect players to head to capture a vehicle resupply zone for resupplying our tanks if we have no idea where that zone is?

To seriously comb the entire map until you visually spot that tiny little camp?

1. Can you implement an option to disband a member of your squad? After killing a few of my ai that stopped taking orders, the rest of the team turned on me because I was a team killer. I would have preferred to just delete the unresponsive team member.

Re: 1. ) You can get rid of them by adding them to "Yellow" team and then going to the Main Base HQ officer, selecting the squad manager, and "disband to high command". This will give them to high command, so you don't have to worry about them.

I had a sniper that went ignore-mode on me, so instead of putting him down, I just put him into high command and forgot about him. Came across him many days later, lol.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I searched the forum and google, but I can't get the personal FLIR to do... anything really... any notes?

Hey guys

I played this mod now for about 20 hours and it's still awsome!

But there are a few points (sorry if they were somewhere in the conversation before):

1) We are two guys playing DUWS together and when we save and close the game and start it the next day, all supports are gone. The Map has saved, but we loose all supports.

2) Is it possible, that players in PM could be in the same squad? Because its really hard to plan an attack, if i dont see where my guys are :D

3) There is a bug, that sometimes (I dont know when and why) the KI is not boarding a vehicle (in my case helicopter). They just standing around and doing nothing...

4) Suggestion: More types of enemy zones. I mean some havyer bases with towers and buildings, not just sandbags...

5) Suggestion: It yould be great upgrading the FOBs or the Mainbase...

it looks a bit strange when we got an armypower of 600 Points and the main base ist just a little container :D It would be grat upgrading the bases with more buildings, hospital-tents and stuff like that :D

But:

Its such a great game, even if you wont change these things; ill keep playing ;)

Keep going and greetz from switzerland :D

befubo

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for the support !

Now, due to time constraints because of my studies, I will not be able to work as much as before on the mission.

In order to be able to add content, I will have to work exclusively on the mission itself.

This means:

-not being able to answer all of your messages, I am reading all of your feedback though

-probably less frequent updates.

This also means that I won't try to fix ArmA bugs anymore, unless it's specificly related to the mission or BIS is giving clear instructions on how to avoid these bugs.

-AI stop shooting each other ? Tell BIS.

-Support menu disapearing after loading a save ? Tell BIS.

-AI members going fubar for no reasons ? Tell BIS.

Now that I have much less free time, I can't afford to spend my time trying to do BIS job for free.

When coming back after save my supports are usually gone too...

Just been dealing with it... it is an ARMA3 issue not kibot's

The solution... suicide or hit ESC and choose RESPAWN from menu... it will put you back at officer in base... and you will have your supports again.

This is a great mod but could somebody explain to me why I'd spend 1 point saving via sitrep instead of just hitting ESC and saving from the menu"?

This mission just consumed my whole evening. :)

Minor MP desync bug, using Rest on the host advances time for everyone, while using rest on a client only advances time for them. We managed to get it back in sync by repeatedly resting on the client until the clocks matched.

Weather / fog wasn't matching for a while also but that seemed to fix itself after 20-30 mins of play.

The WW AIMenu mod has some good AI enhancements including an AI unstick

command. Search for it in Addons & Mods. It will require @CBA to work.

This is a great mod but could somebody explain to me why I'd spend 1 point saving via sitrep instead of just hitting ESC and saving from the menu"?

This took me some time to figure out as well, with seemingly lost progress randomly which annoyed me!

Turns out it works like this.

Save & Exit = ONLY lets you load back into the mission from where you left off, if you DIE you can NOT load this save.

Sitrep or Rest save in the mission method = Lets you load that save when you die.

Like you I also assumed that Save & Exit was a normal save, so i just used that after 4 hours of play, then loaded back in, got killed, and had to load a sitrep way back when i first started.

In short, always save with Sitrep or Rest in your base after you've accomplished something or before heading out on an attack.

Only rely on Save & Exit if you're leaving the game to come back later, but remember to save properly when you come back.

Yeah. The sitrep only costs 1cp so people don't use it will nilly (adds a penalty to dieing / being careless). I do wish we could get a save & rest 6hrs via the support. Sometimes if you're going from cp to cp, you may choose to wait til night to attack - hate having to fly back to HQ to progress the time of day.

Yeah. The sitrep only costs 1cp so people don't use it will nilly (adds a penalty to dieing / being careless). I do wish we could get a save & rest 6hrs via the support. Sometimes if you're going from cp to cp, you may choose to wait til night to attack - hate having to fly back to HQ to progress the time of day.

Yeah or at least at the FOB's

Yeah or at least at the FOB's

There is a 'rest' at FOB's. It also heals up your squad.

To get it, push your nose up against the FOB or at least get close.

How would I go about outfitting my soldiers with the mods I have downloaded? such as weapons,clothes, ect?

For some reason 9 times out of 10, when i spawn a chopper its rotors get instakilled before even being able to lift off. Even if it spawns a fair distance from the base.

Vanilla bug or map dependant?

Also mods dont seem to properly load at all times when loading a save, such as the TMR mods like the ability to press Tab to deploy your machine guns bipod. It works when starting the mission, then doesnt work when loading.

DoRo i think, via the Armory unlock in your main base you can get all mod weapons and equipment.

I don't know any easy way to equip your troops, but you could always just equip yourself in the armory, then drop all the junk (including clothes) on the floor and order a soldier with the 6 menu to access inventory and pick it up.

There's a mod WW AI Commands that's supposed to help with that but i never figured it out, sometimes it just flashes away as their inventory opens.

Having finally had a chance to play this fairly religiously over a few hours tonight (I laid up an awesome stealth attack with my 8-man team (plus myself) against a recon outpost that had a good 16 soldiers in total and totally decimated them), I've found it extraordinarily enjoyable.

However, I'm getting some weird behaviour with these squads that I've added to my own control. They behave normally, but if I order them to mount a vehicle that I am not aboard, the game does something wonky with assigning them to a different group. Then when they dismount, they form a distinctive group that no longer behaves as if I am a part of the squad -- if I order them to return to formation, the command line will instead say something like "All - Join Group - 3" or some such. At this point I normally have to return them to High Command control, since while I can give them orders, they will not follow me anywhere, behaving exactly as if they were already under High Command control.

This is most readily reproducible with an HEMTT if I order one of my squad to mount up as the driver, to (try to) take advantage of my leaderly (read: lazy) ability to order them to chauffeur me somewhere. He will drive briefly and then stop going anywhere, and at this point I can't order him to move anywhere. I can however still order them to dismount and proceed on foot.

I'm going to try disabling WW_AICover and TPW_MODS to see if that has any influence and I'll report back shortly. This might be another of those "tell BIS" things.

[edit] Okay, after some further testing, it definitely seems like a "tell BIS" thing. The bug only happens if I order the driver to go somewhere and he halts, and then I order him to get out and I take over the driver's seat. At this point he becomes his own separate group and I become the vehicle's group and I have essentially ordered myself to Move to the location -- the waypoint now shows up on the map as if I am the one who has been ordered to go there. To solve the problem, I have to order everyone to dismount and spam the "regroup" function on the All menu as they are getting out of the vehicle, which forces them to join my team instead of being under a separate group, and clears my waypoint.

For some reason 9 times out of 10, when i spawn a chopper its rotors get instakilled before even being able to lift off. Even if it spawns a fair distance from the base.

Rotor insta-killing is a symptom of an older version of TPW Engine Based Suppression, if you're using that. The collision spheres of the suppression system collide with... dramatic... results against the rotors.

Edited by jtgibson

There's a mod WW AI Commands that's supposed to help with that but i never figured it out, sometimes it just flashes away as their inventory opens.

What seems to be the problem with WW AI menu? U can report any problems on my thread.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

That's strange, i've got the latest TPW package. Are the saves tied to older versions?

Windwalking i have no clue, just sometimes in this mission, if i order someone to do the resupply their inventory flickers into existance for a split second before them aborting it.

It might have something to do with the issue reported above about them being put in different groups. I also have seen many squadmates saying "All Join Group 2" etc.