kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Okay even on the Arid setting the AI have been bugging out after about an hour of play. I played the mission with friends on Stratis instead and we didn't run into any bugged AI after a few hours! Not sure if this helps

Also where is the .rpt file located?

Great mission :)

I would like to add an unlimited supply of command points or something like 99999 CP to start with (just to screw around, having fun) - which file contains this information ?

thanks.

@Hostile, try the Debug Mode.

How to Start Debug Mode: Edit the INIT.sqf and change

debugmode = false;
to
debugmode = true;

@Hostile, try the Debug Mode.

How to Start Debug Mode: Edit the INIT.sqf and change to .

Just tried this and don't see any difference ? (I'm rookie - but really want figure out how to add more CP to start with, so any help is usefull) :)

Edited by H0sTiLe

Arid weather on Altis for 9 hours in a row and NO visible bugs! (ver. 0.74)

So I'm happy it's working!

Okay even on the Arid setting the AI have been bugging out after about an hour of play. I played the mission with friends on Stratis instead and we didn't run into any bugged AI after a few hours! Not sure if this helps

Also where is the .rpt file located?

I've had random AI issues. It came and it went on my campaign. Not sure if it's worth continuing, I think it's something BIS might have to fix. I love Altis, but I may go back to Stratis just because of the performance hit - I had to cut my graphic options in half to be able to get anything remotely playable. Might be related to the whacky AI. A reboot sometimes helps for a bit.

Just tried this and don't see any difference ? (I'm rookie - but really want figure out how to add more CP to start with, so any help is usefull) :)

I think debug mode is the first step, the second step is you need to enter a command .. iirc. Look for LiveDeath's thread on his modified DUWS, it's in the same forum at this. I think he explains it there.

Great mission :)

I would like to add an unlimited supply of command points or something like 99999 CP to start with (just to screw around, having fun) - which file contains this information ?

thanks.

I believe it's in the startup.start.sqf file (which is located in the dialog/startup folder)...not certain but i think you would just need to change lines 224 & 226.

I like your mod man !! it's great .. I played it hours and hours .. but I want something, can I play as Opfore ?!

Arid weather on Altis for 9 hours in a row and NO visible bugs! (ver. 0.74)

So I'm happy it's working!

Kibot, Bad news: I found that AI do not angage (I played for 9 hours and didn't notice this... It turned OFF somewhen)

So Arid weather is not the treatment for this BUG.

Something connected to Altis I think (or to scripts - how they implemented on Altis, I presume)...

Will wait for a cure... (((

Kibot, Bad news: I found that AI do not angage (I played for 9 hours and didn't notice this... It turned OFF somewhen)

So Arid weather is not the treatment for this BUG.

Something connected to Altis I think (or to scripts - how they implemented on Altis, I presume)...

Will wait for a cure... (((

According to the troubleshooting forum, there's a dev-branch patch coming on Monday that will address a memory leak issue that is causing poor performance on Altis. I've suspected that might be the cause of the AI issues as well.

When I played yesterday, I monitored my RAM usage (I have 16 gigs). My ram slowly grew up from 1.2gigs to 1.9gigs and then reset to 1.2gigs. Around that time, the AI stopped functioning correctly. Kibot has been trying to fix it, but I don't think it's his issue. We never had these AI issues with Stratis, so it stands to reason that this is something to do with the Altis performance issues.

I'd wait til that patch, to be honest. I used to be able to run Stratis on high/ultra, Altis I can barely run on medium.

Great mission, one of the first I picked up off of Steam when I started playing Arma 3. Was wondering though if anyone had figured out how to edit the starting CP amounts perhaps just for fooling around, as a few bugs have forced me multiple times to restart that campaign.

I believe it's in the startup.start.sqf file (which is located in the dialog/startup folder)...not certain but i think you would just need to change lines 224 & 226.

I did this, but it has no effect other than visible amount. (CP doesn't really change ingame)

I just got done playing a SP game where every time I started a side mission and the left the request unit interface the side mission would automatically complete. I wonder if anyone else experience this, of if it was a fluke?

it works...you just need to change line 226 (leave 224 as is)....and also in the file startup.sqf change line 61. I changed both these lines to 600 (instead of 60) and it worked fine here.

it works...you just need to change line 226 (leave 224 as is)....and also in the file startup.sqf change line 61. I changed both these lines to 600 (instead of 60) and it worked fine here.

I only see 107 lines in that file - can you copy/paste the lines which needs tro be changed in here ?

Thanks for your help.

there's 2 files we're talking about here:

1. startup.sqf - change line 61 to say 600 instead of 60

2. startup_start.sqf - change line 226 to say 600 instead of 60

Im pretty sure that's all I did...I tested it in game and it worked.

Maybe I'm a little retarded when it comes to Arma haha but I cannot seem to get this to work, and for instance if I add both the PBO file and folder to the Arma 3/missions folder in game I end up with 2 instances of the same scenario, one starts up(.pbo) the one thats the actuall folder does not. So basically when I only have the folder part of this mod in the missions folder it appears in game but clicking play does nothing, where as when adding the PBO file in there allows me to start the scenario but no changes are made from the files mentioned above. As far as changing those lines I've done so and still cannot get it to work, any help would be appreciated.

maxiim - not sure about the "folder" method as I havent done things that way since Operation Flashpoint in 2001 but I imagine it should still work. I only use the pbo though. I edit it by unpacking the pbo into the editor mission folder (the one in your documents folder), test changes in the editor and when done I save it using the editor save feature (or you can repack it externally of course). The folder method really should work though...if you do it that way try removing the pbo altogether and see if that helps you. The way I do it works, we just played it online tonight with a few friends and I had it set at 600CP just for fun. There were 6 of us and apparently all connected players have to share the teams CP...so 60 would have been really boring, lol.

On a side note I dont think the guys cared too much for the mission (as much as I do)...I think maybe they were turned off by always respawning back at base. Maybe adding a mobile respawn vehicle (use something unarmed i guess) as an option to purchase would be a good idea? (then when you die you should have a spawn menu with an option to respawn at either base or the vehicle)

Edited by BigShot

maxiim - not sure about the "folder" method as I havent done things that way since Operation Flashpoint in 2001 but I imagine it should still work. I only use the pbo though. I edit it by unpacking the pbo into the editor mission folder (the one in your documents folder), test changes in the editor and when done I save it using the editor save feature (or you can repack it externally of course). The folder method really should work though...if you do it that way try removing the pbo altogether and see if that helps you. The way I do it works, we just played it online tonight with a few friends and I had it set at 600CP just for fun. There were 6 of us and apparently all connected players have to share the teams CP...so 60 would have been really boring, lol.

On a side note I dont think the guys cared too much for the mission (as much as I do)...I think maybe they were turned off by always respawning back at base. Maybe adding a mobile respawn vehicle (use something unarmed i guess) as an option to purchase would be a good idea? (then when you die you should have a spawn menu with an option to respawn at either base or the vehicle)

You are a godsend sir, I have figured out what my issue is. I've failed to realize just how much of a complete newb I am when it comes to missions creations, editing and Arma in general =/

I love this mission so much.. It literally makes or breaks the whole of Arma 3 for me at the moment (since it had no actual gameplay content at launch, it's more like a toolbox than a game).

It has everything i wanted, dynamic "empire versus empire" gameplay, hostile zones to take over, gain resources, grow your army. And playing in SP it has that roguelike element that's essential.

Absolutely brilliant work m8.

One thing that I desperately want though. A way for the zone generator (perhaps a checkbox or another "min distance" setting?) to avoid placing zones too close to eachother.

For example, if i generate 8 zones on Altis, 9 times out of 10 those zones are clustered around one part of the map, sometimes even overlapping.

I'd much rather have them all be evenly spread out across the map. Then it'd be more viable to generate 15x 1500m zones to make the entire map "playable" so to speak.

But currently there's a high chance most of them just cluster and overlap, making it less than ideal for a long term campaign across the entire map.

Even if this resulted in twice as long zone placement times, it'd be fine. I rather spend a minute waiting to get a great map layout, than waiting half a minute for a bad map layout.

Once that is resolved and the zones spread out appropriately, there's just one more thing i'd love before this map turns into a masterpiece.

Buildable bases, or defences, or walls. Not neccessarily as extensive as in Whole Lotta Altis, but at least some sort of H-barriers, bunkers and such.

Perhaps link the vehicles to structures like in Warfare, when the player "Unlocks" armored vehicles, have a motor pool structure spawn around the base. Something similar for helicopters as well.

Just something to make it feel like your home base is also progressing along in the game, so you're not only growing your army, but also making the base big and nice.

The thing is, in my first proper game i had enemy AT teams assaulting my base nonstop, rockets flying in from behind bushes killed the base commander five times before i could figure out where all the AT teams were, since the base spawned in an area with very dense foliage.

The ability to build rudimentary walls would prevent such "AI griefing".

Granted, the fact that your base is at risk is another part of the appeal of the map, a danger element. But it can get out of hand.

I suppose one option could be to just buy a UAV to patrol the perimiter, if only we had looping waypoints..

Edited by Baleur

This is a really great mission, and well commented too!

I second Baleurs suggestions, they are good ideas.

I have one question regarding the Opfor vehicle spawn script that I was hoping you maybe could adress, I am customizing the mission to feature a certain OPFOR faction that I am working on but I can't get the script to spawn the vehicles I want... All the scripts are well commented but I just don't have the scripting savvy necessary to understand how the random_veh_opf_patrol.sqf and random_veh.sqf work.

If my vehicle is for example

class Combine_APC_Wheeled_01_base_F: APC_Wheeled_01_base_F
{
	side = 0;
	faction = "COMBINE";
	vehicleClass = "COMBINE_V";
	crew = "COMBINE_Soldier_C";
	typicalCargo[] = {"COMBINE_Soldier_R"};
};

How would I edit the vehicle spawn scripts to just use the COMBINE faction OR just the COMBINE_V vehicle class?

Yes you can probably guess what I am working on... ;)

there's 2 files we're talking about here:

1. startup.sqf - change line 61 to say 600 instead of 60

2. startup_start.sqf - change line 226 to say 600 instead of 60

Im pretty sure that's all I did...I tested it in game and it worked.

Many thanks BigShot - works like a charm :)

Kibot, despite the fact that this thread mostly about problems some guys want to fill it with suggestions, as I do also.

I know simple thus genial way to increase immersion to the highest level.

What deffers ARMA (Flashpoint also af course) from ALL "shooters" or any kind of them ?

Answer: Realism.

Information is key success to conquer the world.

Is it real that We know information about all enemy territories?

Answer: NO. We really must (!) investigate. It's crucial for our survival.

Just make simple option in the beginning dialog: Hide Enemy Zones (ON/OFF), so om the map we will see only Our Base (default of course = OFF, because only real fans will do this), but this feature will defenetly conquer many armored hearts!

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

With Great respect to your work.

Please don't stop!

Awesome mission, but the longer I play, it just kills my FPS. I'm at 15-20 FPS right now, and for me that's unplayable. Any way to fix this? I'm aware of ArmA being, well quite CPU intensive, but this is just nuts.

Is it possible to edit the mission to change the fireteam layout or is that going to break the scripting? I play this with 2-3 other people and having every human player in their own fireteam makes it hard to coordinate team actions since there are no visible markers for squadmates and we cannot put marks or notes on the map that everyone can see.

Edit: Or is this something I can do with the high command system?

Edited by Vatek