kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Would this be correct? I am not getting the customizer action on ammo crates but I am on the HQ Leader.

Maybe I am just being dumb, but I might not be getting the ammo crate smoke thing, lol this is fun.

_target = _this select 0;

_location = getpos _target;

if (commandpointsblu1<2) exitWith  
{
 ["info",["Not enough command points","Not enough Command Points (2CP required)"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;
};
commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 - 2;
publicVariable "commandpointsblu1";

hint "A supply crate has been dropped near your location";

_parachute = "Steerable_Parachute_F" CreateVehicle _location;
_parachute setPos [_location select 0, _location select 1, (_location select 2)+100];

_ammo = "B_supplyCrate_F" CreateVehicle [_location select 0,_location select 1,(_location select 2)+50];
_ammo attachTo [_parachute,[0,0,0]];

_ammo addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_tracer", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell", 90];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareRed_F", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareGreen_F", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["NLAW_F", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_green", 70];

_ammo addBackpackCargo ["B_AssaultPack_khk",10];

if (support_armory_available) then {_ammo addaction ["<t color='#ff1111'>Armory</t>","VAS\open.sqf", "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"]};
if (support_personalizer_available) then {_ammo addaction ["<t color='#11ffff'>Personalizer</t>","InventorySystem\createInventoryDialog.sqf", "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

// magazines[] = {"1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","UGL_FlareWhite_F","UGL_FlareGreen_F","UGL_FlareRed_F","UGL_FlareYellow_F","UGL_FlareCIR_F","1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F","3Rnd_UGL_FlareGreen_F","3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F","3Rnd_UGL_FlareYellow_F","3Rnd_UGL_FlareCIR_F","3Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","3Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell"};

waitUntil {sleep 1; getpos _ammo select 2<0.2};
_smoke = "SmokeShellGreen" CreateVehicle (getpos _ammo);
["info",["Supply delivered","The supply crate has been marked with green smokes"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;

Try this:

_target = _this select 0;
_location = getpos _target;

if (commandpointsblu1<2) exitWith
{
["info",["Not enough command points","Not enough Command Points (2CP required)"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;
};
commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 - 2;
publicVariable "commandpointsblu1";

hint "A supply crate has been dropped near your location";

_parachute = "Steerable_Parachute_F" CreateVehicle _location;
_parachute setPos [_location select 0, _location select 1, (_location select 2)+100];

_ammo = "B_supplyCrate_F" CreateVehicle [_location select 0,_location select 1,(_location select 2)+50];
_ammo attachTo [_parachute,[0,0,0]];

_ammo addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_tracer", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell", 90];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareRed_F", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareGreen_F", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["NLAW_F", 70];
_ammo addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_green", 70];
_ammo addBackpackCargo ["B_AssaultPack_khk",10];

if (support_armory_available) then {_ammo addaction ["<t color='#ff1111'>Armory</t>","VAS\open.sqf", "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"]};
if (support_personalizer_available) then {_ammo addaction ["<t color='#11ffff'>Personalizer</t>","InventorySystem\createInventoryDialog.sqf", "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"]};

waitUntil {sleep 1; getpos _ammo select 2<0.2};
_smoke = "SmokeShellGreen" CreateVehicle _location;
["info",["Supply delivered","The supply crate has been marked with green smokes"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;[/Code]

What did you change? the formatting got a bit messed up.

All of the magazine stuff is on one line, so that shouldnt have a problem.

Same with Support Personalizer stuff.... Wish this forum would add SQF formatting some time lol

I just played for 2 hours with 0.73e and everything was fine. Then I started to lag a lot and the AI stopped working (as previously discussed).

I didn't choose Arid climate and there *was* fog at the time. Is this something I can adjust mid mission, or do I have to restart the entire campaign?

I killed unneccessary spaces, deleted the comment line (hint: if a line begins with // then is everything behind that useless for the script. the magazines have never worked), closed a open bracket and changed the positioning system of the smokegrenade. otherwise you like to look up to see 50 meters above your head a smokegrenade...

If you want sqf formatting grab Notepad++ and install the sqf extension. that's way better than sqf editor.

What did you change? the formatting got a bit messed up.

All of the magazine stuff is on one line, so that shouldnt have a problem.

Same with Support Personalizer stuff.... Wish this forum would add SQF formatting some time lol

I've tried editing the mission so that I manually place the HQ near an airstrip and add all sorts of vehicles (Sort of like a mix between DOMI and Mission generated content.)

But, as soon as a friend joins my server and spawns, it puts a second HQ down right where he spawns, which creates 2 HQ's inside one-another. Which ofcourse means you can't use the officer anymore to get missions or gear. Very frustrating stuff. I've tried going through the code to find any lines that indicate spawning a new HQ with every new player, but alas, I can't find anything.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm so lost, and really want to play!

Sincerely,

DD

We have time :), wait the release of the game with and huge patch as say a DEV, maybe it could break the mod or improve it later with many news scripts, function, performance and more

I killed unneccessary spaces, deleted the comment line (hint: if a line begins with // then is everything behind that useless for the script. the magazines have never worked), closed a open bracket and changed the positioning system of the smokegrenade. otherwise you like to look up to see 50 meters above your head a smokegrenade...

If you want sqf formatting grab Notepad++ and install the sqf extension. that's way better than sqf editor.

LOL!

I dont know all the basics of SQF yet!

Thanks for finding the bracket and making things cleaner.

Somehow I managed to completely create everything else (even the Multiplayer sync for Armory, I copied that and converted it to work with my script)

Do you happen to know off the top of your head how to get the player and set his position to a certain building spot? I need to do this to get around a camera bug with my script being used in doors.

How would I execute two things on the same thing?

This is from Case 12, The Personalizer (Based off of the Armory)

And on a note, there still isnt any green smoke from the crate.

lol its so hard to find them.

hq_blu1 addaction ["<t color='#11ffff'>Personalizer</t>","InventorySystem\createInventoryDialog.sqf", "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA

Ummm Sturmfalke. I don't know where you from but if you write your question in german i think i can understand it waaaaay better than yet. ^^ ;-)

Or write it in french so kibot could understand it. ;-)

Or rewrite your question. So far i don't know what your question is. ;-)

lol! sorry.

My brain is really scrambled today.

I might want to try and figure this out for my self.

Now to work on parachuting cars!

On a note, tomorrow when you update for the Arma 3 release, are you going to add all the UAVs and Drones?

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA

This might be a save/reload issue as I've been playing the MP version in SP over the last few nights etc. After taking a zone I did not get the option to setup a FOB or I may have received it -> saved -> resume mission next day -> no option to deploy one.

Ohm... The situation is:

I can not play my saved game from dev build in release version. So I should replay it ? (Thay say wrong version or somthing like that)

Ohm... The situation is:

I can not play my saved game from dev build in release version. So I should replay it ? (Thay say wrong version or somthing like that)

Yes you will not be able to play any saved games with a different version whether it be dev vs stable branch or an update to the stable branch. This is not particular to this mission but to any mission.

Mission has been updated to 0.74, see the changelog for more info.

Also, if you have any bugs regarding the AI not engaging each other, send me your .rpt file, I've added a few debug lines in it.

You can switch to "Arid" climate to avoid this problem.

Mission has been updated to 0.74, see the changelog for more info.

Also, if you have any bugs regarding the AI not engaging each other, send me your .rpt file, I've added a few debug lines in it.

You can switch to "Arid" climate to avoid this problem.

Hey kibot, just thought it might help to know that I haven't had these issues with the fog with the previous version (I think 0.73c perhaps?). I've been running it for maybe 2-3 hours over the course of a couple of days. I did think the fog issue was starting to come in as things were getting real foggy but AI was still engaging and then later the fog started lifting as well. Not sure if that was after a save and reload.

Now with the stable release etc. I will probably have to restart that session though and get this new 0.74 version.

Oh... I've been playing for 9 hours in a row just after release. In midtime I saw your 0.74 version, I upgraded. Everything was fine.

BUT... AI again doesn't engage each other. Weather is mediterranian.

Where I can find that .rpt file you mentioned?

And Will Arid climate fix this bug?

If so, how can I turn Arid climate ON during my game.

I really don't want to replay such a long, long day...

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Kibot, one more crucial question:

Is it possible to upgrade your mission to new version without restart? (I just rewrite mission folder, moved older one out and rewrite save games). Is it working this way?

Oh... I've been playing for 9 hours in a row just after release. In midtime I saw your 0.74 version, I upgraded. Everything was fine.

BUT... AI again doesn't engage each other. Weather is mediterranian.

Where I can find that .rpt file you mentioned?

And Will Arid climate fix this bug?

If so, how can I turn Arid climate ON during my game.

I really don't want to replay such a long, long day...

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Kibot, one more crucial question:

Is it possible to upgrade your mission to new version without restart? (I just rewrite mission folder, moved older one out and rewrite save games). Is it working this way?

Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Arma 3.

Arid climate prevent this bug.

You can't change climate type during the game.

I don't think you can upgrade the mission without restart, and even if you do, this would probably cause some script errors.

I'm sorry about your game progress you'll probably want to tell bis to fix their buggy commands.

@Delta99: the bug is happening when a specific setfog value is set. I'm trying to find it.

Edited by kibot

Kibot, why not just disable the climate and set it to Arid until you figure this out. I can never remember what to choose when starting a mission and the zillion users you have playing this mission and not even realizing or reading the forums won't have a clue. No sense in leaving an option if its going to break things.

))) Guys, how to attach file in forum private massage? (night on war turned my brain off ))) )

I just want to send file to kibot.

I just finished up my first side mission. I'm not able to select air taxi or mortar or any of the unlocks even though they've already been unlocked. Usually a box with a symbol for each unlock will be displayed at the top left of the screen but now they're just blank boxes.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

I just finished up my first side mission. I'm not able to select air taxi or mortar or any of the unlocks even though they've already been unlocked. Usually a box with a symbol for each unlock will be displayed at the top left of the screen but now they're just blank boxes.

By unlocking something else it fixed the problem and I was able to use all of my unlocks again.

Is there a way to play this mission on a dedicated server? My machine can't handle it well enough to play co-op but I have access to a third machine and like to run most of my missions dedicated through that. This one won't work though. The players just sit in the ocean "waiting for the host" to find an area to spawn a base.

I have been having the issue of the bots not wanting to fight each other. One way its nice because they dont usually shoot first, but its a pain cause I have to do everything. Also my squads seem to not want to go to the waypoints I set for them. They go about half way and stop. Not sure if its enemy AI or what but it seems to be a waist of CP.

Anyway I have found .rpt file, but not sure where to send it.

I have been having the issue of the bots not wanting to fight each other. One way its nice because they dont usually shoot first, but its a pain cause I have to do everything. Also my squads seem to not want to go to the waypoints I set for them. They go about half way and stop. Not sure if its enemy AI or what but it seems to be a waist of CP.

Anyway I have found .rpt file, but not sure where to send it.

I can only replicate this if I switch from Splendid Camera back to game and only sometimes.

In version 0.74 the ability to save a game has been removed (at least when doing a side mission).

In versions 4x and 5x saving could be done as often as desired.

Could someone tell me how to get 'save' back.