kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

I've been playing the DUWS for a few days. I'm new to ARMA. I tried everywhere but I can't get the answer for this question: How do my squad members rearm? Currently I have 5 men apart from me. The autorifleman was complaining about no ammo when we were out on a mission. So I brought the team back (helicopter taxi) and even told them to enter and disembark a Marshall APC and then I saved my game by resting/waiting but the autorifleman still didn't get his supplies replenished. I have both the armory and supply drops unlocked. Could anyone tell me HOW TO REARM MY SQUAD?

If around dead opfor. Select unit. Press 6. Rearm. There are mods that keep AI rearming when they are low. ASR is one. You can also checkout WW AI Menu mod by windwalking

Edited by sttosin

If around dead opfor. Select unit. Press 6. Rearm. There are mods that keep AI rearming when they are low. ASR is one.

thanks. Where can I get the ASR? Is it compatible with DUWS.

Try arid climate, there's no fog. Right now the dynamic is still WIP.

Well, i'm not pretty sure but i tried arid and the fog still occured, i'm gonna check out later and report back! ;)

First of all: kibot, this is one of the greatest missions i've ever played (and I play since Cold War Crysis). Thank you Very Much and please don't stop!

While playing 0.73 on dev build (Altis) found this very frustrating bugs:

- I've never recived CP for holding a zone more then 30 minutes. I tried to restart but no CP for holding a zone at all (while on Stratis not in dev build it works properly)

- Some time passed (about 3-4 hours) and AI stop shooting not only each other but on me also!

Hope you'll fix it )

I'm absolutely loving this mission! I have a question about choppers: Is there a way to enable counter measures in the Pawnee/Hummingbird? Maybe I'm just slow, but I couldn't figure out how to do it, and I get locked on/shot down almost immediately. Thanks in advance.

thanks. Where can I get the ASR? Is it compatible with DUWS.

Check the ASR thread. But I think they have had issues with rearming on and off and it might even be disabled now or sometimes they recommend to disable it. You can easily just order your AI to rearm at any ammo box or issue the inventory command to them so you can reload what you want for them.

Check the ASR thread. But I think they have had issues with rearming on and off and it might even be disabled now or sometimes they recommend to disable it. You can easily just order your AI to rearm at any ammo box or issue the inventory command to them so you can reload what you want for them.

Thanks

First of all: kibot, this is one of the greatest missions i've ever played (and I play since Cold War Crysis). Thank you Very Much and please don't stop!

While playing 0.73 on dev build (Altis) found this very frustrating bugs:

- I've never recived CP for holding a zone more then 30 minutes. I tried to restart but no CP for holding a zone at all (while on Stratis not in dev build it works properly)

- Some time passed (about 3-4 hours) and AI stop shooting not only each other but on me also!

Hope you'll fix it )

Thanks for the support !

Also, thanks for reporting the CP bug, should be fixed now. Check the first page for v0.73b.

The bug with the AI not shooting each other is a known one, and it is happening in other missions as well:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13597

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13720

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13478

Either BIS should fix this or tell us what we are doing wrong so we can fix it.

@Ethrendil: Try "G".

@Eliaz85: Thanks :o

Kibot, if you are adding anything from the DEV build in the editor then lines will be added in mission.sqm for the classes. Even if you remove these items later in the editor they probably won't get removed from mission.sqm (if it works the same as Arma2 which is most likely).

Yes I know how the editor adds dependencies with addons. I'll once ArmA3 will be released, I'll have to double check with a simple mission the .sqm from the release and the one from the beta. I just hope that I won't have to move too much stuff around, but seeing the "a3_characters_f_beta" inside the addons section of the .sqm, I'll probably have to remove that manually. I just hope it won't break too much stuff. *crosses fingers*

---------- Post added at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

A quick update:

I put up the version 0.73c, where the bug with the AI not working properly (after some time or right off the bat) should be fixed, keep me informed.

@Ethrendil: Try "G".

That doesn't work. I looked it up and I didn't realize that the MH and AH choppers don't come equipped with counter measures in Arma 3. That stinks. Guess I'll have to work on my evasive maneuvers. :\

Anyway like I said before, the mod is a blast. You have captured what vanilla Arma 3 lacks at this point: A single player dynamic war scenario. CTI was good in Arma 2, and I've been waiting to see if Bohemia makes it for the full release of A3. DUWS made me forget all about it and is a great alternative: fresh and a lot of fun to play.

@Ethrendi: Thanks! And don't forget, the DUWS is not only SP but MP now ;).

Also, I'll be looking into the issue with the constant freezes. The ones who have it, tell me:

1)are you running the dev build ?

2)How often do these freezes appears (what is the frequency of the freezes occuring) ?

3)When ?

4)Does it do the same on Stratis and Altis ?

5)Do you experience these freezes when you are playing in MP and SP or only in SP or MP ?

I'll be looking into the issue with the constant freezes. The ones who have it, tell me:

1)are you running the dev build ?

2)How often do these freezes appears (what is the frequency of the freezes occuring) ?

3)When ?

4)Does it do the same on Stratis and Altis ?

5)Do you experience these freezes when you are playing in MP and SP or only in SP or MP ?

Hi Kibot!

1 - Im not using dev version

2 - once the freeze starts things are unplayable as it stays frozen ranging from 30 seconds to many minutes and then once it stops itll just freeze again seconds later...it freezes so long that you really need to alt-ctrl-del to get out and end task arma3.

3- this is the all important question, when. Dunno, so far the only thing I can tell for certain is that it occurs always within the first 5-30 minutes max...usually pretty early on and theres nothing that's ocurring at the time to find any common ground as to what's causing it yet. It's happend during supply drop and it's happened just standing around...its happened in enemy territory and its also happened at base HQ, and near FOB's. I do have quite a few things unlocked each time i try to play.

4 - i have only tried it on Stratis (but ive heard from others that it also happens on Altis in dev build, but i cannot confirm)

5 - I've had crashes in both SP & MP sessions and I've tried going back as far as your v.6 and every version since then (havent tried versions before 6 though).

Might be a good idea to go back as far as we can trying to see if earlier versions all crashed or not...if we find an early version that wont crash then at least you'll know what changes were introduced when the crashing first began.

*EDIT - Ok, found the links to all the older version...will attempt to find an older version with no crashing and report back...hopefully I'll have something to report by tomorrow (Monday).

Edited by BigShot

Kibot, this is a great mission, it reminds me of a mash up of Dom and Warfare CTI. I freaking love it! That is why it pains me to report that I too seem to be plauged with the pausing.

It was working great for me a few days ago and suddenly I started getting these pauses where Arma 3.exe would go to not responding while playing it. It seems to be the only mission that I play that does this. It happens after a few min of game play and seems to be fairly random, although I have noticed that when I go into my inventory and click on items I can sometimes reproduce this once it's starts happening. Also I did some monitoring of my system resources while playing and while it happens and everything looks fine. I'm usually sitting at about 45 - 60% of my CPU while playing and then when the pauses start it drops to about 10%. The memory usage is pretty steady and never seems to drop. FPS of course drops from an 25 - 40 to sharply 0 when it happens.

I have tried this on both the standard beta release as well as the Dev build. I even uninstalled and re-installed, removing all of the associated files and folders from the system.

The freezes happen at it's best every few minutes to about every 30 seconds and can last for a few minuets to about 30 seconds. Some times they do not recover and I have to kill the PID to get back to desktop.

This happens on both Stratis and Altis.

I turn the grass off, I also set the view distance to a pretty reasonable level on foot (3000), I leave the vehicle distance what ever is default.

I experience it mostly on SP. I played with a friend last night for about an hour, (he hosted the session), and we did not seem to have any trouble. However this morning I started a MP LAN game for just myself it also happens. Although it seemed to be less severe than during SP.

Please let me know if there is some other information that I can provide you to assist with debugging this problem.

I've been having issues with the freezing as well. It worked fine for a couple hours the first time but eventually froze and now it freezes just about any time there are enemies nearby. I've tried setting the graphics down to standard as well as playing with 1 enemy zone with the smallest radius possible. I didn't unlock or request anything except the vehicle I used to drive around each time. I first spent about 10 minutes driving around on an atv without any problems but as soon as I went to the enemy zone and some enemies showed up on the screen the game froze. I then loaded up the same game and got in a helicopter and flew straight there and again as soon as I got to the area where the enemies showed on the screen the game froze. I'll spend some more time driving around without any enemies and see if it eventually freezes or not.

I too am getting freezes with this latest update. It wasn't happening before, now about 20 minutes after engaging enemies everything stops. If I let it sit for 10 minutes it will stutter a bit, then freeze again. It has now happened 3 times in a row. Twice on Zargabad using All in Arma, and once on Stratis with no mods. I have to ctrl+alt+del each time to shut it down.

You'll have to try to find wich version was working fine before the freezes began happening.

Since when you had thoses freezes ?

If you don't know, try 0.7, if it still bugged, try 0.6 and report back.

I just tried it out. Everything up to 0.73b is working fine but 0.73c freezes when enemies are near

@ Kibot

One of two scenarios (or a combo of both) are occurring just before it starts freezing...approaching enemies as ^ SYNTAX21 just stated and when the message "This is HQ: Enemies are near our base (?)." I can confirm with 6 and 7B.

P.S. Great mission over all though! Thank you!

I also rolled back to .073b and just played for about an hour, no freezing. .073c freezes after 15-20 minutes.

...have tested so far as far back as v5 (all the 5's)...and its still crashing in those...starting next with v4's now. Dunno why but I have this funny feeling im going to need to go back into the 3's before we find a truly stable version, but we'll see. Im really spending a good amount of time with every version trying to be thorough. By the way...please dont bother reporting version which you think are not crashing until you've played through at least 3 full missions cleanly to the end (just to rule out a lucky chance).

Maybe I did something wrong between 0.73b and 0.73c. I just rolled back to v0.73b and modified again the single .sqf before switching to v0.73c, version is now 0.73d. Test that.

@BigShot: Since when did you began to had those freezing issues ? Because if it happened not so long ago but now you have to go back all the way down to 0.3, it might be a bug introduced by BIS. I don't recall anyone having those freezing issues when it was still in 0.6