kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

#pos bug

I have a played a few times including a coop game v0.7 with a friend earlier this evening and we encountered a few enemy vehicles patrolling the zones but they never seem to engage us!

we even stood up in the open and fired at them with our rifles from a few 100m's away just to try and get them to return fire but not once have the vehicles opened fire!

Wondering if they are being spawned with just a driver in maybe?

no gunner or commander!

I've also seen this but applied to everything. When playing on Commando difficulty enemy patrols walk around and ignore everything until they themselves are shot at... so a 2nd patrol only 200m away from the one you're currently killing will just keep strolling around as if nothing is happening, same if you call in artillery strikes or whatever, the AI just keep walking around as if nothing is happening. The APC is the same, I found that you have to extremely close to it for it to shoot you, otherwise it just carries on with it's patrol route.

Also if there could be a way of resupplying AI squad members that would be awesome and ability or somehow letting them use the supply drop :D

Awesome mission though, can't wait for more :)

Hi all,

first of all: great mission!

I have a small question. I've searched the topic but haven't come across an earlier mention, so here goes.

I've just captured my first outpost, and want to place an FOB now (as suggested by the mission help pop ups). However, my entire "Supports" section of the menu is empty.

I'm playing in SP, latest version from Steamworks. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Xawery,

you need to switch from High Command Mode back to Squad Mode. Until else you can't access the support menu.

Cheers L.

Thanks for fixing the command bug so quickly! By the way, is there a way to have multiple/separate saves? I'd like to have different saves for SP but I don't want to risk overwriting/deleting my MP save.

I've also seen this but applied to everything. When playing on Commando difficulty enemy patrols walk around and ignore everything until they themselves are shot at... so a 2nd patrol only 200m away from the one you're currently killing will just keep strolling around as if nothing is happening, same if you call in artillery strikes or whatever, the AI just keep walking around as if nothing is happening. The APC is the same, I found that you have to extremely close to it for it to shoot you, otherwise it just carries on with it's patrol route.

Also if there could be a way of resupplying AI squad members that would be awesome and ability or somehow letting them use the supply drop :D

Awesome mission though, can't wait for more :)

I have the exact same problem applied to everything. It only seems to happen when the game has been played for a while on mine. I have heard that if there are more than 200 assets on the ground that this has been happening and could be an ARMA3 bug as opposed to a script bug. Just an FYI. Either way i hope it gets fixed.

Really great stuff in MP as well! It would be great to be able to see other players on the map as well, to make cooperation easier.

I have a problem though. Has anyone had trouble with continuing a game in MP? When I try to resume (on a listening server of course), I get an error saying I can't continue because content had been deleted (A3_module_UAV or some such). The content of the Arma folders hadn't been modified at all, as I tried resuming the MP game shortly after saving it (as SITREP).

I just updated the mission to 0.73

-The enemy will start to use QRF's and both sides will start patrolling between owned zones, making the chances of a random encounter higher and the mission a lot more fun :).

-You can also rename your High Command squads now (instead of Alpha1-1, Alpha 2-3, ...)

A few tweaks and additions, like the possibility to change the max viewdistance in MP (with TAW viewdistance by Tonic).

You'll need to restart a new game.

The issue with A3_module_UAV was due to the latest dev build update, making it impossible for you to resume a game from a previous version. You must restart a new game.

@the_blitz6794: try ammoboxes (6-rearm at ammobox) in the radio menu.

Edited by kibot

kilbot - using 7a (havent tried 73 yet) I've developed repeated crashing/freezing of the game within 15 minutes of starting the mission. If you've designed this using the DEV builds then you should state that in the original post on page 1....I didn't know that and have been using the mission in non-dev. Guess I will have to wait for your retail version after A3 goes retail next week.

@BigShot: Due to the nature of a mission file, crashes are really unlikely related to me using the dev version of arma. And even if something should have been different regarding the handling of mission files between versions, you should not even be able to play/open the mission.

@BigShot: Due to the nature of a mission file, crashes are really unlikely related to me using the dev version of arma. And even if something should have been different regarding the handling of mission files between versions, you should not even be able to play/open the mission.

Hey Kibot, did you edit and save this mission out in the last dev build, or the current one? I'm having some issues and I've noticed that with my older missions, pre-latest dev patch, I'm experiencing issues as well. However, if I create a new mission with the newest dev version I don't have problems.

What problems? Items in the interface are missing, performance is really poor and some scripts aren't working properly. Once again, I've recreated this issue myself, I haven't found a way to port old missions to the newest dev version yet without issues. I think we might find ourselves recreating our new missions from scratch, unless someone comes up with a converter like the alpha -> beta mission converter.

Hey Kibot, did you edit and save this mission out in the last dev build, or the current one? I'm having some issues and I've noticed that with my older missions, pre-latest dev patch, I'm experiencing issues as well. However, if I create a new mission with the newest dev version I don't have problems.

What problems? Items in the interface are missing, performance is really poor and some scripts aren't working properly. Once again, I've recreated this issue myself, I haven't found a way to port old missions to the newest dev version yet without issues. I think we might find ourselves recreating our new missions from scratch, unless someone comes up with a converter like the alpha -> beta mission converter.

It's a bug from the latest patch. They should fix it today on dev.

Nice mission!

Could you make helo taxi cost 0 cp? It's really boring when you have to travel for 10 to 15 minuts to reach the AO.

Do other people also get an extreme amount of fog in the mission?

I can hardly see further than 200 meters.

Nice mission!

Could you make helo taxi cost 0 cp? It's really boring when you have to travel for 10 to 15 minuts to reach the AO.

this is something that bugged me alot, i tried every climate but after an hour i always get full fog.

Nice mission!

Weather should be fixed with something other than fog when BIS fixes weather. Currently that is the only real weather effect. Someone could save at officer and advance time. Eventually weather would clear up.

Also... helo cost 0 = NO... if anything it should cost more. My guess is that this is caused by spending all your points too quick. A prudent commander keeps something back for emergencies. On my server we are currently in a negative state due to deaths caused by AI battles. The fix? Transportation? You know how to get it? The host picks the mission steal the truck or assassinate the officer. Both of those missions contain vehicles and provide a decent amount of points in return.

Taxi cost is fine, but should cost more. Logistics more than bullets

Is anyone running this mission on the official NON-Dev version? Keeps crashing Arma on me and also in .73 the request units menu no longer initializes.

Your Request scripts have a M1A2 Slammer but I don't see it as a requestable vehicle, is this a bug?

Am I correct to assume that, if I have the map through steam, I dont need to reDL it or anything?

Steam will automatically download the latest version UNLESS you have a save game. If you have a save game but select RESTART then it will download the latest.

If it is true that developing stuff from the dev version is causing problems for non dev users, you have 2 choices:

1) switch to dev

2) wait for ArmA3 to be released. My assumption is that what is in the dev build now is what will be in the full released game. I'm using the dev build mainly so I can plan ahead so everything will be ready for the game release (already since the latest dev build patch, everyone is yelling at me to add the new vehicles). If the dev build is something different from the official vanilla game release, then I will switch back to arma3 vanilla anyway. My aim is to make sure it's always compatible with the vanilla version of ArmA3.

What problems? Items in the interface are missing, performance is really poor and some scripts aren't working properly.

Could you be more precise ?

@KingNL: The transport cost if fine.

this is something that bugged me alot, i tried every climate but after an hour i always get full fog.

Try arid climate, there's no fog. Right now the dynamic is still WIP.

@AtinAkiri: I added the vehicles but commented the lines, so it would be non-dev compatible. I will release a new version with everything in it when ArmA3 comes out.

Kibot, if you are adding anything from the DEV build in the editor then lines will be added in mission.sqm for the classes. Even if you remove these items later in the editor they probably won't get removed from mission.sqm (if it works the same as Arma2 which is most likely). If these don't exist in non-dev build then it will cause problems. If you are only adding items from script then probably ok if you are not trying to add them if someone is not running the dev build. I'm sure there are ways to know if the dev build is being run just like you can check if a certain mod is installed. I can give you a snippet of code for something like that if needed.

I agree with your method though. Better to be developing on DEV build in order to be ready for release. After release it is probably best to develop on stable build as most people will likely be sticking there.

After release it is probably best to develop on stable build as most people will likely be sticking there.

Lord, lets hope so...IMO 3rd party devs should never create for "beta dev builds" or "test" versions.