kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

I have armory when standing next to the officer. It is in the mouse wheel menu.

You should search the forums for Terox's guide on making a server. You can basically make a dedicated server but on your home pc. Instead of going on multiplayer and hitting new, by using the new .exe it'll appear like any other in the server browser if done correctly.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

That has so much information in it and is extremely useful, even including basic config files to get the ball rolling. You can then specify which mission to play (i.e. this).

I'm not sure that DUWS is compatible with multiplayer though, but as long as it's only you joining I wouldn't see any issues.

yeah I think about this way too.I will have a try. hope my 4G memory is enough. Thank you very much!

Hello,

i would like modify 2 things in your fantastic mission :

1 : removeallweapons at all units we buy, do you know how do that?

2 : I would like these units and all created ennemi units execvm a script

greetings.

@Dalia: In the DUWS, it's not really possible to make all spawned units execute a script. Sorry. Or you'll have to do some heavy modifications to the mission files.

Damn I still can't figure out why I'm spawning in the water. Nobody else has this issue?

Not me. You running some strange mods?

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Hey Kibot, since you have this up on Steam Workshop now do you know if Steam knows whether one is on the DEV or Stable build and therefore picks up the correct mission? If in fact you still have two mission versions (one each for Dev and Stable).

There is a way to make the suports call, By mouse, like aim with the mouse without the map?

Damn I still can't figure out why I'm spawning in the water. Nobody else has this issue?

You can help me find out why this is bugged by following my instructions.

Instead of trying to take the file from the workshop, just take it from the first page of this topic. Put the folder with your other editor missions and "preview" it from the editor.

@aoshi: Nope. I don't know how to do that.

Will it be possible in the future to have your squads be able to get in the helicopter taxi with you as well? I currently don't have the option to do so when selecting troops I've purchased.

In mine, I initially see a "spawn in water", but a second or two later I end up in the HQ bunker. I am guessing the second part is not happening to you?

Are you running any other mods? If so, what are they?

Are you using the "Development" branch of Arma 3 or the "Normal" branch of Arma 3?

Are you using the "Steam" version of this mod. or the one from the download link on the first page?

Will it be possible in the future to have your squads be able to get in the helicopter taxi with you as well? I currently don't have the option to do so when selecting troops I've purchased.

You should have it. You should just be able to order them into the chopper like you would any other mission.

@Dalia: In the DUWS, it's not really possible to make all spawned units execute a script. Sorry. Or you'll have to do some heavy modifications to the mission files.

Sad :), can we use your leader mission request easily in another mission? export these custom mission ?

Thanks

Very nice mission friend.

2-3 things only.

1)When in "High Command" mode..you shouldn't be able to see enemy platoons/fireteams (at least not those who aren't detected by a friendly unit)

and if a friendly unit doesn't have actual contact with the enemy-the enemy fireteam must stop being visible on map with updated position

2)You should add support for player to "dismiss" or "create new groups" from un-needed soldiers from it's own group.

(after 2 squad rescue missions you are being overwhelmed).

3)Clean sweep.

I noticed dead bodies+their equipment stays in map (maybe forever).

This is really bad for the performance regarding a long game.

Please address on those issues.I want to fully enjoy this mission :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

I am sure someone asked in the 14 pages... will you be moving this to Altis? Or will we have to do that ourselves? I would love to have an even bigger version of this on Altis when that island is released in just a few weeks... the days are counting down quick.

@WolfFlight

I want to believe he will do a dedicated version on Altis because Stratis is really small island for 'this' kind of gameplay.

Although..somewhere in notes or map i think saw a guide for transport the gamemode to other maps.

@Silverwave

On map screen the is a tab that says abilities.

Every time you earn an ability a brief explanation is created on this tab.

Anyways.."Enhanced Conditioning" lets you sprint like a maniac for some seconds without been affected by fatigue.

Ability cooldown 180 seconds i believe..

Is there any way to make a dynamic war campaign but using the following:

- the island (Stratis/Altis) is sort of 1/3 'owned' by BLUEFOR and 2/3 by OPFOR (so if you launch the map, 2/3 will be covered in red)

- the 'front line' is visible on the map and is based on what towns/area we capture vs OPFOR captures (so its consistently moving)

- each side has a main base

- if we attack a town and capture it, the front line then has a 'bulge' in it, and if we keep pushing forward, we create a bigger bulge..however this just means our flanks are exposed (as IRL)

- as we attack a town, the OPFOR may choose to defend, counterattack or attack somewhere else.

- if we're defending a town, OPFOR forces may attack it in force ie. atleast a company of inf, armoured vehicles, artillery, etc

- this should allow us to do air strikes on their main base or interdiction missions against their trucks, armour, etc (and same for them)

- we should have air strikes on a regular basis by OPFOR

- OPFOR can launch commando missions in squads of maybe 5 like LRRPs calling in arty, air strikes, etc

- the OPFOR main base must be heavily defended esp from air attack and should have the ability to call in reinforcements from off-map

- this should promote using LRRPs or something ie. where a small squad (like the OPFOR) gets dropped behind enemy lines to observe/report/call in arty, etc.

I'm sick to death of the standard domination type scenarios where you're just hopping from one place to another without any sort of structure - its crazy. Atleast this way, you have a defined goal...ie to capture the main enemy base. there may be times where you bypass strongholds and go straight for the enemy base.

Is this possible?

The aim of this type of mode is to resemble real life war against a strong enemy ie. one who counterattacks, etc and is trying to defeat you just as much as you're trying to defeat them. It would actually be great if this mode came with ARMA3 already ie. developed by the devs rather than left to the community.

BI official approach was Warfare game mode.It has lots of the things you like.

(Player+AI VS Players +AI) VS AI

There are lots of similar game modes with their unique differences.

The choice is yours. :)

Put the folder with your other editor missions and "preview" it from the editor.

Where do I put the folder?

BI official approach was Warfare game mode.It has lots of the things you like.

(Player+AI VS Players +AI) VS AI

Unfortunately I don't think Warfare is coming back to ArmA 3. See here:

http://www.arma3.com/launch-countdown#mp_showcases

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

@JuggernautOfWar: C:\Users\[your profile name]\Documents[where your arma3 profile is located]\[your profile name]\missions

@GiorgyGR: I don't have much control regarding the spotting in High Command. Pretty much everything is handled by the module.

Dismissing soldiers and putting them in squads (controllable in HC module) is a great idea.

I'll also look at cleaning the battlefield.

@Pharoah: You have a lot of ideas I like, I will try to implement as much as I can. Just keep in mind I'm just a single guy scripting for free during his spare time, so adding those kind of features takes time :p.

Yes, I will be moving this to Altis. You could even do that yourselves, you just have to rename the .pbo file.

@Pharoah: You have a lot of ideas I like, I will try to implement as much as I can. Just keep in mind I'm just a single guy scripting for free during his spare time, so adding those kind of features takes time :p.

Yes, I will be moving this to Altis. You could even do that yourselves, you just have to rename the .pbo file.

hey mate, thats awesome. The good thing is, you already have it up and running to a certain extent. :)

the main thing about my idea on it is making it difficult. The problem with Domination is that, especially on full servers, you're essentially knocking over enemy held areas quite quickly and easily...this doesn't happen IRL very regularly, esp against organised defense. Winning a battle/war should be DIFFICULT and thats how it should play out.

Anyway, see how we go. Would love for this to take off.

Edited by Pharoah

Hi.

I found a bug...

CU Livedeath

Bug 1:

Problem:

FOB Spawns inside HQ.

How to replicate:

Stay in HQ in front of your Officer and Request a FOB.

5 Seconds later you are in a selfmade jail.

Possible Solution:

Make a Don't Spawn Radius of 50 metres around HQ for FOB.

If the FOB is too close to HQ the Patrol units of FOB walks trough the HQ like Customers of Starbucks.

Bug 2:

Problem:

Vehicle get self destructed while deploying as mech squad.

How to Replicate:

Get in your HQ and Request new Troops from your Officer.

Request 2 Mechanized Squads.

Look outside and you see 2 destroyed Tanks and dead People.

Possible Solution:

Change the Locations for each Spawn based upon a list. And if the Area is "full", deny the Spawn.

That helps for all Vehicles, Squads and Single Troops.

Possible Solution 2:

Get the Spawn Area at least 10 Meters away from HQ so no unit can spawn "inside" the HQ.

Bug 3:

Problem: HQ Officer can be sniped trough open hatch.

Possible Solution: Close the Hatch.

Bug 4:

Problem: No Infantry Unit want to get up to the Roof of HQ Building.

Possible Solution: Show him the way.

My Wish List:

Implement UAV's and UAG's. That would be nasty. :cool:

Koplic island just came out.

Was going to put it on koplic.

Downloaded the latest version (instead of using Steam workshop).

Renamed it like I thought should happen but no luck...

Can someone port to Koplic and post link to good working version for download? Much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

@WolfFlight

I want to believe he will do a dedicated version on Altis because Stratis is really small island for 'this' kind of gameplay.

Although..somewhere in notes or map i think saw a guide for transport the gamemode to other maps.

The mission dynamically creates the zones. So it does not matter how big the island is. (unless there is a line in there that decides where 0,0 and the max,max coords are)

The only thing I would worry about is that Altis might need more than 20 zones for example....

@WolfFlight: I just tested the latest dev build I have on Koplic, works fine. Link.

@Livedeath: Thanks for reporting thoses bugs, just fixed bug 1, will see for the other bugs.