kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Script to generate vehicles was broken, thus no vehicle were ever created, had this bug since 0.2 or 0.3... How could I have not noticed that earlier, what the hell...

Me so derpy.

I'm modifying a few things in the briefing to accomodate a steam workshop release.

Edit: The mission is now on the steam workshop.

Now I'm trying to figure out where the hell is my own mission I just downloaded on my HD, and HOW the steam workshop works (is it packing it into a .pbo or my missions stays in a file ?) Any link toward some documentation is welcome.

Edit: just fixed the bug above. The bug would also prevent enemies to be created in big zones. Everything should be fine now.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Sorry for my english, i'm french...

Cheers mate, merci à toi.(je pense que tu es français, puisqu'il y a du français dans tes scripts :D)

Raté, je suis Belge ;).

@Katipo: No, you can't transfert funds.

Also it seems friendly mechanized groups created by the commander do not load into vehicles when moving to Zones, not sure if it's anything to do with the scripts or a game thing, but units always board vehicles for me in the editor if they have move over large distances, Its not so bad on Stratis but painful on Takistan.

Will take a look into that.

Also requesting vehicles from the commander sometimes lands on top of and injures/kills player or commander.

That's weird, I've never had that. I'm using the createVehicle command, wich is supposed to spawn a vehicle at the nearest "valid"(no colliding with anything) location from the position you want (the player in the DUWS) .

Edited by kibot

That's weird' date=' I've never had that. I'm using the createVehicle command, wich is supposed to spawn a vehicle at the nearest "valid"(no colliding with anything) location from the position you want (the player in the DUWS) .[/quote']

To be fair it happened to me once last night from your dev version, so it may have been a random?

Let me know if this happens again.

Any chance of seeing this on Steam Workshop? It is much easier to update the mission there both as a mission creator and as a player.

Any chance of seeing this on Steam Workshop? It is much easier to update the mission there both as a mission creator and as a player.
Edit: The mission is now on the steam workshop.

Great mission. Would be great if transport support helo would land in more areas. It won't find a suitable area it seems anywhere along any beach areas on East side of island even though should find enough very easy landing spots. This is when requesting a pickup. Defining an LZ once on helo seems to be a bit easier.

When I start this mission I am just an infantryman swimming in the corner of the map with OPFOR infantry swimming around me.

Do you have plans to include Enemy Vehicles? and also the zones are very easy to take, my suggestion is can you have a parameter that adjusts how large the enemy forces will be?

Yes a parameter in game for set the number of units in zone is a great idea.

Actually, you can set wich unit will spawn on the map in this file: initZones\createzone.sqf (edit with notepad). If your want more unit spawned, your can edit and copy/paste in this file.

Great mission !! But I can't use Virtual ammobox system when i use the supply drop :/ got a text with "VAS never initialzed, something went wrong ? " someone know how to fix that ?

Great mission !! But I can't use Virtual ammobox system when i use the supply drop :/ got a text with "VAS never initialzed, something went wrong ? " someone know how to fix that ?

From Armaholic : (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134)

Usage:

Place a ammo box down on the map and in initialization field put:

this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf];In your description.ext put:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"class CfgFunctions{ #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"};

From Armaholic : (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134)

Usage:

Place a ammo box down on the map and in initialization field put:

this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf];In your description.ext put:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"class CfgFunctions{ #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"};

This doesn't really answer the question or solve the problem for this guy's particular problem. VAS is in the mission and works in the armory. Not sure if it is bugged for the supply drop.

Great mission. Would be great if transport support helo would land in more areas. It won't find a suitable area it seems anywhere along any beach areas on East side of island even though should find enough very easy landing spots. This is when requesting a pickup. Defining an LZ once on helo seems to be a bit easier.

Restrictions for finding a pick up zone are the same for when defining a LZ.

@ZamoZam: I never had that bug. I just tested now and everything seems ok. Maybe you are using conflicting addons ? Did someone had the same issue ?

Restrictions for finding a pick up zone are the same for when defining a LZ.

I had a feeling this was going to be your answer. It didn't seem to work this way though as I am almost positive I asked for extraction where I was able to initially find an LZ for insertion along the coast. After trying for about 1km along the coast I eventually gave up.

maybe you can add boat insertion/extraction ;)

I had a feeling this was going to be your answer. It didn't seem to work this way though as I am almost positive I asked for extraction where I was able to initially find an LZ for insertion along the coast. After trying for about 1km along the coast I eventually gave up.

To be more precise, I'm using fnc_BIS_findSafePos for finding a "valid" zone. I'm using exactly the same parameters when the player is defining a LZ or asking for a pick up. The function search a "valid" position (on surface, away from objects like trees and buildings and with a maximum authorized elevation(not on a slope)). It may indeed be a bit harder for the function to find a valid position when the player is calling the chopper because the player's character and possible other AI is considered as objects too and I guess the function is considering thoses as "obstacles".

maybe you can add boat insertion/extraction ;)

It should be really easy to add, nice idea ^^.

To be more precise, I'm using fnc_BIS_findSafePos for finding a "valid" zone. I'm using exactly the same parameters when the player is defining a LZ or asking for a pick up. The function search a "valid" position (on surface, away from objects like trees and buildings and with a maximum authorized elevation(not on a slope)). It may indeed be a bit harder for the function to find a valid position when the player is calling the chopper because the player's character and possible other AI is considered as objects too and I guess the function is considering thoses as "obstacles".

Unfortunate if so. There may be other more suitable functions people are using. I did read that people were having issues with finding flat positions using the BIS functions and have moved to using their own or other functions/scripts. A search might produce something better.

It should be really easy to add, nice idea ^^.

Hopefully it is easy and we'll see it soon!!!

Norrin has an awesome helo taxi, maybe ask him, check his work.

How do you capture zones exaclty? By killing everyone inside or are there cap points to go to? Also, do you earn spending points for every kill or is the only way to earn points by capturing zones?

Thanks and good mission!

v0.5 is up !

Main new features:

-Changed the entire system of side mission request. Now when requesting a side mission, you gain access to the strategic map of the island, with all the missions available to choose from, see the screenshots. Mission placement is of course totally random.

Strategic map with mission selection, during the day:

qmqcPrl.jpg

Strategic map with mission selection, during the night:

tqDG84l.jpg

-Now the enemy will try to recapture the zones you have captured, thus giving the DUWS a really "dynamic" feel to it. The enemy will become stronger as you and your forces present on the island are becoming more poweful. Hopefully the mission will have a bit of difficulty and you could indeed lose the campaign.

Note that this last feature has just been implemented, and it might require some balancing.

Hopefully now I will be able to work on refining/balancing the WARCOM on BLU/OPF sides, I will also add more side missions.:yay:

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

@Delta99: Except the helo problem, I find that fnc_BIS_findSafePos is very effective and quick. I will probably stick with it for now.

@aoshi: If you are refering to the IG personnal FLIR display, it's a little camera mounted on you wich gives you a thermal imaging display of were your body is oriented.

@Stealth2668: You must be with more friendly units inside a zone than the enemy, then after some time, the zone will be under your control.

edit:

I prefer to keep 3rd party scripts out of the mission if possible, as it may cause additional issues that I'll have to fix. While bug fixing is a pain in the neck, it is obligatory. I prefer to keep that to a minimum, or I'll stop having fun working on this mission. And I can garantee you that fixing bugs on a complex script that is not yours is pretty hard/annoying.

edit:

I prefer to keep 3rd party scripts out of the mission if possible, as it may cause additional issues that I'll have to fix. While bug fixing is a pain in the neck, it is obligatory. I prefer to keep that to a minimum, or I'll stop having fun working on this mission. And I can garantee you that fixing bugs on a complex script that is not yours is pretty hard/annoying.

You make your own scripts for your own missions? Wow, that's great.

Hope to see you in the Editing section answering questions for folks. Bet you'd be a great addition there as well as here.

Nice Camp btw! Enjoying.